Hey, Aussie male asks for your help with WAXING! - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 11:15 PM
aust_italian should change his/her status!
Rookie

Default Hey, Aussie male asks for your help with WAXING!

ok my only choice is to turn to the experts, so here i am,
i wana wax my chest as i prefer it smooth rather than as it is now......extremely hairy!!! lol
anyway my first and last time i got it waxed it got badly irritated and caused heaps of ingrown hairs so i havent waxed it since, i tried shaving but its way time consuming and just aint the same.
can you tell me if their any products that actually work to stop irritation or anyway of getting it waxed without problems, and i know about the hair removal creams and all that but theyre, pardon my french, ([---])!
thanks in advance for you help
rick
Old 05-20-2005, 01:18 AM
YouFiz should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: Hey, Aussie male asks for your help with WAXING!

try the veet hair removal spray

all you do is spary it where you want to and wait about 15 mins and the hair falls off.

or you can try the products by 'nads' i use em and there pretty good

PASSION - PAIN - PERFECTION
Old 05-20-2005, 02:35 AM
CraZy-T! should change his/her status!
Middleweight

I've always wondered if those topical depilatories were safe... any verdicts?
<font color="red">Starting BF%:</font> 16.0%
<font color="red">Current BF%:</font> 14.6%

Link to my Hyperplasia Challenge Journal
Old 05-20-2005, 09:46 AM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

I have only used Nair...besides the smell and having to wait for it to work, nothing complicated. Nad's has had a lot of advertisement, I just wonder if pulling the hair will hurt *Yes, this from a woman that went through child birth and also doesn't mind training like a maniac* LOL

In my experience, whenever you remove hair through this methods, it come back..thicker. Can't you shave some hair first and then apply the product? Then the product will have a chance to get easier access to your skin and work faster.

Just my two cents,

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 05-20-2005, 05:16 PM
X-Factor should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

You're hair is supposed to be at least 1/4" long to wax right?

You ever think of laser?
Old 05-20-2005, 07:32 PM
lots4waldy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Oh man, I've tried everything on everything.

Waxing is the best if you get it done by a professional, or a friend that knows what they're doing. Make sure to go to some beauty supply place, and not just a pharmacy. I also recommend heatable wax as opposed to non heatable wax. Also, don't get hard wax either, it may be too harsh. The only thing I use hard wax for is bikini line. So if your chest hair is very course, you may want to go with hard wax.

I have very sensitive skin, and I used Veet's 3 minute bladeless hair removel thing. I had to take it off after 2 minutes because it was hurting so badly, and when I did, I had a huge hole type thing on my knee that looked like a horrible rug burn.

I've used Nair, and to me its the same as shaving. Its like...shaving for lazy people. I did this on my legs, and I have very fine hair on my legs, and it came off, but it has the same effect as shaving for me.

There's one depilatory I would recommend, the problem is, I don't remember the name, lol. It was greeaat. I live in miami so I need a clean bikini line all year around. Shaving always leaves bumps, so I used this thing thats safe for everywhere. I got it at a beauty supply place, it was pricey, about $13 for a bottle. They had one for men and women. The only problem was that you had to leave it on for 8 to 12 minutes, I think it was. And it keeps leaking downwards. I am going to try to find the name because I really loved that stuff. It was a spray mousse, btw.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:26 PM
Super-Heavyweight

My bros gf is an esthetician. She's gonna get me some stuff at discount and do it at home. She says that hair follicles only regrow after 25 waxes. Granted you won't get them all, but generally.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:33 PM
lots4waldy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

what do you mean they only regrow after 25 waxes???

its great that you got someone though, thats the BEST way.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:13 AM
Super-Heavyweight

Yea I think it would be. I would hate rippin it off my chest. She says that she was taught that on average if a hair has been remoced from a follicle a certain amount of times (approx. 25) then the hair no longer grows in the follicle, apparently there is more than 1 hair to a follicle so you will not be hairless rather have MUCH MUCH less hair after a while. I suppose eventually you will no longer have to wax. In Europe (greece specifically) what they do now is wax young girls legs at about 5 and up, by the time they hit 16 they don't need to do anything, and the hair at that age is very thin so it's practically painless.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:58 PM
John Black is thinking he should be ripping up the gym right now.
Light-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
Yea I think it would be. I would hate rippin it off my chest. She says that she was taught that on average if a hair has been remoced from a follicle a certain amount of times (approx. 25) then the hair no longer grows in the follicle, apparently there is more than 1 hair to a follicle so you will not be hairless rather have MUCH MUCH less hair after a while. I suppose eventually you will no longer have to wax. In Europe (greece specifically) what they do now is wax young girls legs at about 5 and up, by the time they hit 16 they don't need to do anything, and the hair at that age is very thin so it's practically painless.

[/ QUOTE ]

The confusion came in as you first said 'only regrows after 25 times'. Makes more sense the second way. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The Hyperplasia Challenge - John Black's Cut
Closed Thread