eating, training, and menstruation - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 05:13 PM
Short n' Sweet should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Re: eating, training, and menstruation

yup, some cramps are major - but with endo there is an the cramps is just the beginning. Try the heating pad and you always take midol. But I would try ways without meds first.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:17 PM
X-Factor should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
yup, some cramps are major - but with endo there is an the cramps is just the beginning. Try the heating pad and you always take midol. But I would try ways without meds first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough it out. You're an ABC girl! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2005, 05:43 PM
Stranger

I believe not putting anything of that stuff in my body and I much rather be in pain - I do not like taking medications and I won't if I don't have to. I believe in doing stuff naturally . After my cesarean I was up and walking the first day and off meds by second week. I am not bragging I am just showing that the will of the mind is a powerful thing at that time I was doing it for myself and my son. I truly believe that you can overcome any pain through toughing it out, and believing you can.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:13 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

I don't believe in meds for everything BUT short...I wouldn't have had a cesarean without epidural and/or anestesia..LOL.

Meds have their reason to be. I would take them if they are the only way to feel better after looking for natural alternatives.

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 05-27-2005, 06:56 PM
Stranger

don't get me wrong here - I did have the epidural for when they cut me open and I do believe that medications are necassary for people with real problems like high blood pressure or seizures.

I just hope that I don't have to take anything I don't have to!
Old 05-28-2005, 09:41 AM
lots4waldy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Okay wait, I thought I had endomitriosis a while ago, what were/are your symptoms and how did you find out you have it?

I don't like using medications either. I usually don't have to either, mostly for the reason that nothing seems to affect me. If my body decided its going to put me through pain, nothing will stop it.

Did both of you chose to have a cesarean section? Because when I have kids...I think that's what I am going to ask for, since I don't like the whole idea of labor.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:42 AM
Super-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
Okay wait, I thought I had endomitriosis a while ago, what were/are your symptoms and how did you find out you have it?

I don't like using medications either. I usually don't have to either, mostly for the reason that nothing seems to affect me. If my body decided its going to put me through pain, nothing will stop it.

Did both of you chose to have a cesarean section? Because when I have kids...I think that's what I am going to ask for, since I don't like the whole idea of labor.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would take the labor over the scar sister. Besides labor can mentally be a bonding period, PRE-birth. It brings people together. To avoid complications I suggest doin it the right way. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:03 PM
Middleweight

Well in reality each one has its own complications, they're just very different from each other. And I'm hoping by the time I have kids, the scar will be minimized to a great extent. Not that I really care, but I want to be a model, but until I'm 18, thats not happening.

I can see why you say its a bonding experience. Nothing brings a couple closer than the woman screaming profanities at her husband. No I'm kidding, I really see what you're saying.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:46 PM
Super-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
Well in reality each one has its own complications, they're just very different from each other. And I'm hoping by the time I have kids, the scar will be minimized to a great extent. Not that I really care, but I want to be a model, but until I'm 18, thats not happening.

I can see why you say its a bonding experience. Nothing brings a couple closer than the woman screaming profanities at her husband. No I'm kidding, I really see what you're saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guys love the profanity, don't worry. But what do you mean by have the scar reduced by the time you have kids? I don't really understand it. And I actually made a post about modeling a while ago. I was gonna get into it was offered a position and stuff. I'd like to know how yours is goin. PM if you like.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:29 PM
Middleweight

I love the profanity too, as long as I'm the one using it.

I meant I hope technology advances until I would get the incision, so by the time it actually happens, they would make a very small one, have something to make it become less visible, etc.

When I was young I was offered several positions for modeling, because I was tall and skinny and european. My parents never let me do it, but I was too young to understand then. After pueberty I got really fat. Now I dropped my weight 60 lb and am struggling to get back to my normal state of being tall and skinny again. Now I actually want to model because someone pointed it out to me that I could do it. (I was used to being fat) I told my dad and he got super mad. He thinks I'm waaay to smart to become a model because of my thoughts, grades, SAT scores, etc. I think it would be a waste either way really. Either waste my model looks or waste my knowledge. So I am going to wait until I am 18 (which by then I will be the perfect weight) and see what happens.

I would love to PM you but I need 150 posts...When I get them I will.