Shocking principles - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 02:58 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

Default Shocking principles

Which ones have you incorporated in your routine?

I am currently using Reverse Pyramiding in some exercises for biceps, blasting the muscle from different angles,and from the training guides, Tapering. I love compound sets, supersets but haven't done anything in regards to incorporating posing techniques as shocking method.

How about you girls? *and boys 'cause, they always show up here..lol*

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 04-19-2005, 03:58 AM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

Default Re: Shocking principles

Right now I'm using a lot of static contraction to help with posing control. Also a lot of drop sets, compound sets and supersets. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 04-19-2005, 01:01 PM
getnbgr should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

Supersets, ascending weight and descending weight sets, drop sets, 100 rep method (rest/pause) on calves and forearms, I like unilateral movements where for an example sset you can work one arm then the other arm and then both arms at once with no rest, love to finish of a muscle group with either negatives or burn outs (little weight with a bunch of reps) LOL I could go on.....

http://www.tag-board.com/smilies/bowl.gif

********** getnbgr's Training Journal **********
Old 04-19-2005, 01:52 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

getnbgr, I do static bicep curls...Keep on arm on curled position as you do biceps curls with the other hand..then switch the static hold and start doing biceps curls with the arm you had on static first. Then after that, I open my arms to the sides, elbows in close to the body and do biceps curls with palms facing out both arms at the same time. I finish that with concentration curls.. Wew!

Amazon

We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

Old 04-20-2005, 12:53 PM
getnbgr should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

^ That's exactly what I meant with the unilateral movements while one arm (or leg) is going through the movement the other one does a static, then hit both arms together... killer stuff. One of my favorite machines for this is one of the Hammer Strength isolated pull down machines. Forearms get hit on the static big time. Adding another superset (outside curls and concentration curls) on there is a great big OUCH LOL

http://www.tag-board.com/smilies/bowl.gif

********** getnbgr's Training Journal **********
Old 04-20-2005, 01:12 PM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
getnbgr, I do static bicep curls...Keep on arm on curled position as you do biceps curls with the other hand..then switch the static hold and start doing biceps curls with the arm you had on static first. Then after that, I open my arms to the sides, elbows in close to the body and do biceps curls with palms facing out both arms at the same time. I finish that with concentration curls.. Wew!

Amazon

[/ QUOTE ]

I need a really good bicep burn tonight...I think I'll try this. Do you do three sets of these and perform them as a triset then? Thanks!!

My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and I glorify God in it by walking in divine healing and divine health. - I Cor. 6:19
Old 04-20-2005, 02:19 PM
National Champion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Amazon

[/ QUOTE ]

I need a really good bicep burn tonight...I think I'll try this. Do you do three sets of these and perform them as a triset then? Thanks!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Triset..repeat twice. I throw in two back exercises first, then blast the biceps with trisets. Repeat starting with back again.

Amazon

Old 04-20-2005, 02:34 PM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
Triset..repeat twice. I throw in two back exercises first, then blast the biceps with trisets. Repeat starting with back again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!!! I'm gonna try this tonight here in about an hour!!! Looking forward to it!!!

Also, thanks for all your help!! I've slowly been uping my cal. and have put on a few lbs., but I guess that's gonna happen and eventually I'll get where I want to be!!! You're an inspiration to me!!

My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and I glorify God in it by walking in divine healing and divine health. - I Cor. 6:19
Old 04-20-2005, 02:37 PM
National Champion

Well, there is more stuff where that came from! Email me if you need anything!

Amazon

Old 04-20-2005, 11:07 PM
Vlad is traalallaalal
Super-Heavyweight

If a hot girl exercise in the same "sight field" as me, I usually consider it as shocking method - I mean who wouldn't, I get 3-4 reps more!