Hey, Aussie male asks for your help with WAXING! - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 10:44 PM
X-Factor should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Default Re: Hey, Aussie male asks for your help with WAXING!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yea I think it would be. I would hate rippin it off my chest. She says that she was taught that on average if a hair has been remoced from a follicle a certain amount of times (approx. 25) then the hair no longer grows in the follicle, apparently there is more than 1 hair to a follicle so you will not be hairless rather have MUCH MUCH less hair after a while. I suppose eventually you will no longer have to wax. In Europe (greece specifically) what they do now is wax young girls legs at about 5 and up, by the time they hit 16 they don't need to do anything, and the hair at that age is very thin so it's practically painless.

[/ QUOTE ]

The confusion came in as you first said 'only regrows after 25 times'. Makes more sense the second way. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Made sense to me [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-25-2005, 06:54 PM
lots4waldy should change his/her status!
Middleweight

You know, my mom has had 3 of her own salons for about 25 years, my best friend's mom has had 5, and I've had my own experience with waxing and such too. But somehow that "if I wax it enough, the hair will go away" theory has never been proven.

I have read, and I have no where to quote from so forgive, me, that the only place that hair does not grow back is on the eyebrows. This is appearant since many of my mom's customers in the 80's waxed off their eyebrows so many times that they haven't grown back and are needing to pencil them in to this day.

I have also read that most hair will only grow to a certain point, like leg hair, arm hair, etc. But some other places like head hair and beards will grow to where ever.

When it all comes down to it, if you do wax, you can be sure you will have to wax less and less often, and the hair will be thinner and grow back more scattered. I think this is due to the folicle needing to reproduce itself, for lack of better words. Some grow back faster than others because the folicle was not completely ripped out.

One piece of advice for those who wax...when you wax, then shave, you are backtracking on your results. Shaving only makes hair thicker when you do it after waxing.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:44 PM
Super-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
You know, my mom has had 3 of her own salons for about 25 years, my best friend's mom has had 5, and I've had my own experience with waxing and such too. But somehow that "if I wax it enough, the hair will go away" theory has never been proven.

I have read, and I have no where to quote from so forgive, me, that the only place that hair does not grow back is on the eyebrows. This is appearant since many of my mom's customers in the 80's waxed off their eyebrows so many times that they haven't grown back and are needing to pencil them in to this day.

I have also read that most hair will only grow to a certain point, like leg hair, arm hair, etc. But some other places like head hair and beards will grow to where ever.

When it all comes down to it, if you do wax, you can be sure you will have to wax less and less often, and the hair will be thinner and grow back more scattered. I think this is due to the folicle needing to reproduce itself, for lack of better words. Some grow back faster than others because the folicle was not completely ripped out.

One piece of advice for those who wax...when you wax, then shave, you are backtracking on your results. Shaving only makes hair thicker when you do it after waxing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I get what you are getting at, but it has never been proven that shaving thickens hair either. For this to happen the follicle would have to largen in diameter. This can't happen. People THINK it's thicker because of the stubble shaving produces.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:45 PM
Middleweight

I didn't mean to make it seem like I think shaving makes hair grow thicker. I know it doesn't and frankly it makes me frustrated when someone says that.

I'm not quite sure how to explain this but...when I get waxed, the hair grows back finer. Then when I start shaving again, over a few months the hair grows back like it used to thicker. Not thicker than usual, just thicker compared to the results waxing yeilds.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:02 PM
Super-Heavyweight

Gotcha. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2005, 08:25 PM
steakzilla should change his/her status!
Lightweight

I tried doing my chest my self back in March, it barley worked, took more epadermis then hair, and I still have some red marks. I switched to just cutting shaving it very close to the skin with an electric shaver. If I can find a salon that can guarantee no blemishes, I might try waxing again, until then its a bristle bad chest for me.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:39 PM
Middleweight

Before you wax, you're supposed to put on this special prepping oil that keeps the wax off the skin, and on the hair.