need a ab workout - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 02:05 PM
Short n' Sweet should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default need a ab workout

Hey new I am new here, and I need an ab routine that I can do at home w/o going to the gym. I want it to be able to really work on my "pooch" that I got from being pregnant and have a cecearan. I need to lose 20 pounds of fat to even see my muscles. Being short (5'2") I cannot afford to gain weight and I really need to lose this weight in stomach area. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 05-27-2005, 02:09 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

Default Re: need a ab workout

Your body sheds fat from all over, not sections. Abs are made in the kitchen, together with cardio and your weight training program. I had a cesarean 6 years ago and started working out again 2 and a half years ago. I am 5'1". Still, your best bet here at ABC is the 13 week fat burning diet on the Nutrition tab *there is a link to the 13 week fat burning workout included there*

Regards,

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 05-27-2005, 02:16 PM
Stranger

did you do the 13 wk? If so how did it help you?
Old 05-27-2005, 02:32 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

My weightloss has been more consistent since i started with ABC. Yes, I used the diet portion of the 13 week fat burning program but at the time, I had already started a new training cycle so I kept on working out with what I had setup.

Amazon

We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

Old 05-27-2005, 02:53 PM
Stranger

So what do you think is a reasonable goal for 3 months? 6 months? etc?
Old 05-27-2005, 02:59 PM
National Champion

Get your body fat % assessed first. Everybody is different. Are you still nursing? Nursing helps increase metabolism. *at least for me* in reality what you consume while nursing is just 300 cals more than your regular maintenance cals.

After the body fat % test is done, then you can assess how much to lose over a period of time.

I would say, have short term goals..like buying a 1 or 2 dress size smaller on an item for you to wear and aim for that in 2-3 months. Remember that the concern is not really weight but how much of that weight is fat, also, we are looking at overall health..so lots of changes will happen internally before you see them. This is a long term, lifestyle commitment.

The 13 week fat burning diet gives you that..how to start making this a life long commitment in taking care of your body learning the basics of healthy eating and exercising.

Amazon

Amazon

Old 05-27-2005, 05:28 PM
Stranger

No, I am not nursing my son is now a year old - (sniff sniff this year has gone by so fast!) How would I do my belly? If I do it on the side it would be alot less but if I do it in the front it would be more because of my pooch. Also I do not believe in the BMI thing because if my husband did that he would be a bean pole- he is 6'2" and he would not be a healthy weight. For the fat measurer do reccomend that thing that pinches your skin - that is what we have- or soomething else?
Old 05-27-2005, 05:34 PM
X-Factor should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/ultim...stingguide.php

Follow the guide at the bottom of that article EXACTLY. No questions asked.

As for BMI it is a travesty they use it. I am 12% bf and it says i'm obese. They don't account for muscle mass. It is really a marketing scam to scare the hell out of people so they hire personal trainers. I sugges tracking your bf%. Good luck.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:01 PM
Stranger

that is what I will have to do - I can't wait to get started on my workout! I can't wait to see the new me- my body reacts well to excersise and this is going to be great!

I will have to do the work out as much as I can - I won't be able to do some of the reccomended excerses because the only workout eqiupment I have got is a home gym and ankle weights as far the actual weight training goes. (because I can't afford yet to go to the gym) But I am still going to work my butt off! (I also have a nordic trac, bike, jump rope and hope to get more stuff)
Old 05-27-2005, 06:12 PM
National Champion

Short:

check your mailbox at ABC. I pmed you.

Amazon

PS- Hardcore mommies unite! LOL

Closed Thread