Shocking principles - Page 3 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 07:22 PM
Jenkies should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Shocking principles

On calves I like using a lot of partial reps and stretches. Like for example on standing or seated calf raises, after I reach failure I will do partial reps for 20-30 seconds, then hold it in the bottom position for 20-30 more seconds, you really need some guts to be able to hold that stretch after the partials! To me this is one of the most painful things in all of weightlifting, holding the stretch after failure on any calf exercise is almost unbearable!
And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shalt be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out! Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thou foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.

Old 04-22-2005, 09:39 AM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

[ QUOTE ]
On calves I like using a lot of partial reps and stretches. Like for example on standing or seated calf raises, after I reach failure I will do partial reps for 20-30 seconds, then hold it in the bottom position for 20-30 more seconds, you really need some guts to be able to hold that stretch after the partials! To me this is one of the most painful things in all of weightlifting, holding the stretch after failure on any calf exercise is almost unbearable!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow Jenkies! This sounds great!

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 04-26-2005, 02:40 PM
Adam Knowlden should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

I've been doing rest-pause for calves.

10 sets of 10reps, rest-pause.

Do that 10 times for a total of 1000 reps. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2005, 04:27 PM
Kroenen should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]

Do that 10 times for a total of 1000 reps. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No thanks! LOL. kk, next workout bud [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2005, 06:41 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No thanks! LOL. kk, next workout bud [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on Kroegen!!! That is so NOT Silver and Black!

LOL

Amazon

We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

Old 05-11-2005, 11:17 PM
barny should change his/her status!
Rookie

This is a good post lots of informative methods. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-12-2005, 12:03 AM
Leafy Green Vegetables is back to basics
Light-Heavyweight

I just started doing shocks yesterday and have only progressed to drop sets. In the upcoming weeks I hope to inlcude some new ones.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:31 AM
monitor should change his/her status!

hey amazon, im working with a collegiate volley ball player. been performing basic superset methods with some static. cardio, been follwing the h.i.i.t format. she was quite sore, monitoring her diet intake. anything you might suggest? figured she was in better shape then what she was, but she is a hard worker. love this sight, so much information. looking forward from hearing from you!
Old 05-20-2005, 09:39 AM
National Champion

[ QUOTE ]
hey amazon, im working with a collegiate volley ball player. been performing basic superset methods with some static. cardio, been follwing the h.i.i.t format. she was quite sore, monitoring her diet intake. anything you might suggest? figured she was in better shape then what she was, but she is a hard worker. love this sight, so much information. looking forward from hearing from you!

[/ QUOTE ]

There is so much going on here? What kind of split is she using? Is she cutting or bulking? What are her goals? What we aim as athletes is to go to the next level so assessing where she currently is and where she wants to go is important.

If she's weight training, make sure she follows the protocol for post workout nutrition detailed under here:

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/windowofopportunity.php

as a start.

short term goals? - from now to three months
long term goals?- a year from now?

Amazon

Old 05-20-2005, 12:39 PM
monitor should change his/her status!

sorry wasnt specific. i have her for 2 months before she returns back to school. her mom hired me to train her. her 1'([---]) week went like this;
mon. legs/h.i.i.t. cardio 10 min.
tues. abs/30 min jog
wed. arms/e.f.x. 15 min. w/ int. sprints
thurs. abs/30 min. jog
fri. chest/back post. delts/h.i.i.t. 10 min.
she really did not have any real goals but just to stay active and hit harder. i just want what i can conceivably due in just a short time, and send her back better than when i got her. thanks again for the reply.