Performance Enhancing Drugs (sports) - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 03:34 PM
crabs should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Performance Enhancing Drugs (sports)

What are your views on performance enhancing drugs. It's a pretty big issue right now amongst athletes. I've been researching and finding that the athletes that test positive for drug content are those using creatine and such. I do believe that there is some illegal drug use, but overall I don't think it's wrong for doctors to perscribe stereroids for those who are coming off an injury or surgery. Infact my research tells me that most of those who do test positive aren't using drugs to get high, but using them in medications that doctors perscribed for an recovering/healing. What are your views? <font color="yellow"> </font> <font color="blue"> </font>
Old 04-12-2005, 06:27 PM
X-Factor should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Default Re: Performance Enhancing Drugs (sports)

Ummm, How is creatine a drug? I think that prescription steroids and testosterone treatment is completely fine, that is the intended purpose of such chemicals. It's abuse that is bad. And i'm sorry but it's not just your "research" that says people don't use them for highs, I don't think anyone pops Dianabol to get High, unless you plan on gettin a high E level or something......
Old 04-12-2005, 06:37 PM
Ninja Turtle should change his/her status!
Stranger

I think you got a lil bit confused in your research... First, creatine isn't a drug, your body produces it and there are decent amounts in fish and red meats. And steriods are lipids, and people dont use them to get "high" they use/abuse them to recover faster whether it be working out or from an injury...
Old 04-13-2005, 08:57 AM
nothwang should change his/her status!
Lightweight

[ QUOTE ]
I think you got a lil bit confused in your research... First, creatine isn't a drug, your body produces it and there are decent amounts in fish and red meats. And steriods are lipids, and people dont use them to get "high" they use/abuse them to recover faster whether it be working out or from an injury...

[/ QUOTE ]

first of all, i know nothing about sports. but i think that crabs was implying that creatine is an illegal supplement in some sports. am i right crabs? i think we all know, especially now with the whole baseball thing, that anabolic steroids are illegal for pro athletes. but are those kind of supplements harmful or dangerous? i don't know enough about the stuff, sorry!
Old 04-13-2005, 06:32 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

Crabs, here's an analysis on Creatine if you want to read it!

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/Creat...a-analysis.php
Old 04-14-2005, 03:30 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

[ QUOTE ]
What are your views on performance enhancing drugs. It's a pretty big issue right now amongst athletes. I've been researching and finding that the athletes that test positive for drug content are those using creatine and such. I do believe that there is some illegal drug use, but overall I don't think it's wrong for doctors to perscribe stereroids for those who are coming off an injury or surgery. Infact my research tells me that most of those who do test positive aren't using drugs to get high, but using them in medications that doctors perscribed for an recovering/healing. What are your views? <font color="yellow"> </font> <font color="blue"> </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Excuse me???? Creatine is not a drug. And what do you mean by such?! Steroids have many uses in medicine, that is correct. It is used on AIDS patients, Cancer patients..people that have been severely burned.

I believe in natural bodybuilding as a choice for me. For me, this body that I have is not mine but belongs to the Lord. It is his temple and should be taken care of as such.

That is all I have to say.

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 04-15-2005, 03:58 PM
Super-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Excuse me???? Creatine is not a drug. And what do you mean by such?! Steroids have many uses in medicine, that is correct. It is used on AIDS patients, Cancer patients..people that have been severely burned.

I believe in natural bodybuilding as a choice for me. For me, this body that I have is not mine but belongs to the Lord. It is his temple and should be taken care of as such.

That is all I have to say.

Amazon

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post LilA [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] YOU GO GIRL!

But how could you ban creatine from sports, are you supposed to stop your body from producing it? Read the Meta-Analysis sis.
Old 04-15-2005, 04:20 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

That analysis on creatine rocks! That is what got me started on using creatine in the first place. It is all Joe's fault! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 04-16-2005, 01:46 PM
Super-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
That analysis on creatine rocks! That is what got me started on using creatine in the first place. It is all Joe's fault! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Amazon

[/ QUOTE ]

He's been the cause of many pain staking memories Am, especially in the gym, don't forget OS and prez in that regard, those exercise of the week posts were awesome what happened to them? I want more [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2005, 04:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE** should change his/her status! Edit

Default Post deleted by .

Closed Thread