Its a strange, strange world - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Tory should change his/her status!

Default Its a strange, strange world

After throughly enjoying Manson Oz's office antics regarding his coworkers, I thought I would share some of mine.

I've been in the fitness/bodybuilding lifestyle for about 5 years. I am constantly bombarded at my day job(non fitness) for advice from my coworkers on everything fitness and diet related. I never initiate conversation but I do give my opinion if asked. Its now come to a point where a few regulars check in with me consistently(daily) to let me know how they're doing, ie. raised the incline on their treadmill, made it to their upper limit on their heart rate monitor(my suggest to purchase), comparison on my basal metabolic rate vs their own.

I'm not complaining but it feels kind of strange that these people feel a need to tell me these things. I definately don't whoop it up when they tell me. I just say congratulations and get on with my work knowing they'll be dropping by with another comment tomorrow. It also drives me nuts when they complain that they don't get the same results I do. I know they are not following a dedicated plan but they still feel a need to tell me all about it.

Do any of you have coworkers or family that find your lifestyle inspiring and drive you crazy about it?
Old 04-07-2005, 02:08 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

Default Re: Its a strange, strange world

People ask me what to eat...and then they say: Wow! That's a lot of food! LOL

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 04-07-2005, 07:37 PM
NutMeg is sleepy
Mr. Universe

I'm fairly lucky in that I work in fitness facilities and I think it's cool that guys bigger and stronger than me will ask me for trainign advice. I know I'm a heavy girl, but I really don't look that big. I actually get a lot of arm questions. Ladies ask me for more abs and leg work.

Nutrition, ehh. Most people kinda poopoo that I drink whey shakes. My brother doesn't understand cuz all I have is eggs, spinach and cottage cheese in my fridge, frozen chicken, tuna shrimp and broccoli in my freezer and oats and canned tuna in my cupboard. He says I have no food. Fine with me, he won't eat it!

And yeah, when I get results stories, I do kinda glow a little bit. Tho it is my job.

Oh yeah, and if my family doesn't ask me about a gadget they see on an informercial, I just wait, they'll eventually ask.

lol, and my roomie did ask me about this supplement guide he found in esquire recently

oh yeah, but it is my job... :/ sorry I'm not being sympathetic am I?
Old 04-08-2005, 08:15 AM
Tory should change his/her status!

I guess sympathy wasn't really what I was after. It just seems so strange to me that people can't find it within themselves to change their bodies. If you want something, just do it. Don't whine, don't harp, just get out there and move your butt. Gee, sounds like I'm not sympathetic either.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:44 AM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

I find that when people are unmotivated to do things themselves it is 9 out of 10 times because they lack self-esteem. Either from a lot of negativity in their life or lack of encouragement. I, therefore, feel that if someone is motivated by me, then feel free to ask me and please do share your triumphs with me!! I have a passion for fitness and helping others find that passion gives me great joy!!!!

I'm a different person though...I get more joy out of helping people and their success than my own!!!!

My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and I glorify God in it by walking in divine healing and divine health. - I Cor. 6:19
Closed Thread