Help needed for weight gain!! - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 09:32 PM
crabs should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Help needed for weight gain!!

Hi, my mom is 115 and has a past with anorexia and overexercising. She runs 30 minutes 3 times a week but is gaining weight sooooooo slowly. IS there a way she can be gaining body muscle faster. Help...
Old 04-06-2005, 12:55 AM
CptnOats should change his/her status!

Default Re: Help needed for weight gain!!

eat more carbs and stop running
Old 04-06-2005, 08:40 AM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

I suggest she incorporate weight lifting into her schedule. That is if she is also currently feeding her body the proper nutrients it needs.

Best of luck to your mother and you as you support her!! I know it's hard on the family also!!!

My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and I glorify God in it by walking in divine healing and divine health. - I Cor. 6:19
Old 04-06-2005, 09:52 AM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

Look at her diet...what she eats everyday to establish a balance between carbs, fats and proteins. Look at her exercise regimen. Are her muscles being challenged in a way that promotes for them to grow? In terms of diet..not just cals but quality of foods that she eats. I run in some of my cycles as part of my cardio. 30 min/ 3 times a week hasn't made a difference to me in the past on keeping my muscle gains and I run 45 min. Weight training should be incorporated on her routine. Is she getting enough rest? Is she drinking her water daily?

How is a typical day for her in terms of diet and exercise? Women tend to make the mistake of not eating enough of certain nutrients...specially protein.

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 04-06-2005, 10:46 AM
Grim001 should change his/her status!
Lightweight

People that skinny have lost a lot of muscle in the process. The only way to undo the problem is for her to go on a real weight training regimen. If she simply eats a lot her only gains will be fat, and that just covers up the problem...
Old 04-06-2005, 11:11 AM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

[ QUOTE ]
People that skinny have lost a lot of muscle in the process. The only way to undo the problem is for her to go on a real weight training regimen. If she simply eats a lot her only gains will be fat, and that just covers up the problem...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, this is why on my post I addressed other issues besides eating...

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 04-06-2005, 06:22 PM
Trackbunny should change his/her status!
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
Look at her diet...what she eats everyday to establish a balance between carbs, fats and proteins. Look at her exercise regimen. Are her muscles being challenged in a way that promotes for them to grow? In terms of diet..not just cals but quality of foods that she eats. I run in some of my cycles as part of my cardio. 30 min/ 3 times a week hasn't made a difference to me in the past on keeping my muscle gains and I run 45 min. Weight training should be incorporated on her routine. Is she getting enough rest? Is she drinking her water daily?

How is a typical day for her in terms of diet and exercise? Women tend to make the mistake of not eating enough of certain nutrients...specially protein.

Amazon

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellant Post
Tap into it and glory is yours.
</font>http://www.stickernation.com/uaimage...thalfassed.gif
Old 04-06-2005, 06:23 PM
Trackbunny should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Also regarding water 8 glasses isn't enough. Think in terms of liters. Like 5-7L.
Tap into it and glory is yours.
</font>http://www.stickernation.com/uaimage...thalfassed.gif
Old 04-10-2005, 07:03 PM
should change his/her status! Edit

HEY CRABS!!! Good to see you here! Running 30 min. 3x per week is not all that much. Crabs, is she lifting weights? I know she doesn't enjoy it, but that is really the way to go, for many reasons. More muscle mass = more fat burning ability for one thing. Great post, Amazon - you're right.
Closed Thread