Ostentatious Gluetes - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 03-30-2005, 04:00 PM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

Default Ostentatious Gluetes

Okay, I'm new to this whole journal thing and am doing it for motivation. I do not need motivation to work out, but I do need motivation to track my progress, if any, that I make...I'm really bad about that. First let me start off w/a little bit of history...I am recovering from some eating issues and therefore I know my calories are not up to par as far as eating enough. I've worked out consistently for about 6 years with weights and cardio...I love running. I was down to about 135 lbs. 2 years ago and was happy there expect that I wasn't eating and doing other negative things to my body. I would like to get back there.

My stats are
23 yrs.
5'8.5" (yes, that .5" matters) [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
152 lbs.
21% body fat

Last week I started writing my workouts in a journal and will add them here within the next few days as I get time!!

The ultimate thing I want to gain out of all this hard work is great glutes and great legs. I love a strong pair of legs with fabulous glutes...where there's that sexy dent in the side of the hip. Problem is...my lower body carries most of my fat!! YUCK!!! But, I'm hoping that with proper nutrition this time around, I'll get it.

Feel free to critque anything I post as I for sure will welcome the advice!!!

My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and I glorify God in it by walking in divine healing and divine health. - I Cor. 6:19
Old 03-30-2005, 04:03 PM
westsidebb24 should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Default Re: Ostentatious Gluetes

Goodluck with your goals! Glutes and legs are a priority??

If so.....DEEP squats, Hip Abduction/Adduction work, Hamstring work....and quad work....and watch that bum and legs grow and develop [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Force X's Distance / Time ='s POWER

I.E. in a lift, you can increase power by

A. Heavier resistance moved in same movement time as lighter over same distance
B. Same weight with faster movement time
C. Same weight, moved over greater distance in same time
D. Because distance limited by length of limbs, typically only weight or rate are changeable in resistance training

You want to see STRENGTH...look no further then CHUCK VOGELPOHL

http://www.finnishpower.net/powernew.../chuckveto.jpg

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog!" Dwight D Eisenhower

"Look man, if you don't keep your back tight during a good morning......its gonna be a good night" Chuck Vogelpohl
Old 03-30-2005, 04:07 PM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

Thanks for the encouragement!!!

I'm a little bummed though b/c I went to the doc. and have an acute achilles tendonitis which is turning into tendonosis...or something like that. Anyway, no running or lower body weights for 6 to 8 weeks!!!! I'm gonna get soft and squishy [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] for awhile, but at least I'll be able to get back at it full force in a few months!!!!

What do you think is best for abduction/adduction work? I've only seen the machines, which my gym doesn't have.

My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and I glorify God in it by walking in divine healing and divine health. - I Cor. 6:19
Old 03-30-2005, 04:16 PM
NutMeg is sleepy
Mr. Universe

Yay! You started a journal! I'm so glad.

I'm with ya on the not so lean legs.

I think with that problem you can probably still do leg extensions and curls but nothing that involves ankle flexion. They do have butt machines as well. You can do laying side leg lifts which can be hard if you're not used to them, using a full range of motion and because it's the whole leg, you may gain some side-to-side ankle stabilization.

Let's see them workouts!
Old 03-30-2005, 04:27 PM
getnbgr should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

Good luck with the journal and reaching your goals...

http://www.tag-board.com/smilies/bowl.gif

********** getnbgr's Training Journal **********
Old 03-30-2005, 04:47 PM
westsidebb24 should change his/her status!
Lightweight

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the encouragement!!!

I'm a little bummed though b/c I went to the doc. and have an acute achilles tendonitis which is turning into tendonosis...or something like that. Anyway, no running or lower body weights for 6 to 8 weeks!!!! I'm gonna get soft and squishy [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] for awhile, but at least I'll be able to get back at it full force in a few months!!!!

What do you think is best for abduction/adduction work? I've only seen the machines, which my gym doesn't have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be bummed girl! I know MANY people that have had to take time off from training their lower body due to injury. That lets you focus on your upper body and abs even more [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

As far as abduction and adduction work, I'd tell you to try Resistance bands. I use them often, and their a great way to get in a good workout, without having to go to the gym. You can find them at www.westside-barbell.com, or www.elitefts.com. There's many different sizes, and styles so if you could tell me what kind of weights you've done in the past for hip work that'd help me out in recommending to you which kind of band/bands to buy.

Force X's Distance / Time ='s POWER

I.E. in a lift, you can increase power by

A. Heavier resistance moved in same movement time as lighter over same distance
B. Same weight with faster movement time
C. Same weight, moved over greater distance in same time
D. Because distance limited by length of limbs, typically only weight or rate are changeable in resistance training

You want to see STRENGTH...look no further then CHUCK VOGELPOHL

http://www.finnishpower.net/powernew.../chuckveto.jpg

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog!" Dwight D Eisenhower

"Look man, if you don't keep your back tight during a good morning......its gonna be a good night" Chuck Vogelpohl
Old 03-30-2005, 07:27 PM
EricTheViking should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

hey sweetpea.

Good luck with your journal and goals. Sorry to hear about your injury. Hang in there. You can still make good progress working upper body and eating clean [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2005, 07:31 PM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

As far as abduction and adduction work, I'd tell you to try Resistance bands. I use them often, and their a great way to get in a good workout, without having to go to the gym. You can find them at www.westside-barbell.com, or www.elitefts.com. There's many different sizes, and styles so if you could tell me what kind of weights you've done in the past for hip work that'd help me out in recommending to you which kind of band/bands to buy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually do a moderate weight for my lower body...nothing too heavy because I don't want to build them more. For squats I do about 120 lbs. on the smith or 50 lbs. free weights....40 to 50 lbs. for curls..30 lbs. walking lunges, etc.

I would definately love to do the band workout and it would for sure be a change too!!!

I wish my gym had butt machines...I'd never leave them!!!

I started the journal thanks to your encouragement NutMeg!!!

Old 03-30-2005, 07:36 PM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

Okay...I tried to do the quote thing and I see it didn't work so well for me. But I think ya'll know what I was getting at!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Old 03-31-2005, 08:51 AM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

Here's a breakdown of what I've been doing for just the past few weeks..remember I'm hurt and oh ya I threw a light leg day in which really hurt...but that was before the doctor..

Mon. 3/14/05 Chest and Tri Superset

Flat DB Bench Press 3x15 (50 lbs)
Tricep Kickbacks 3x15 (15 lbs.)
V UPs on Bench 3x15

Incline Flyes 3x15 (20 lbs.)
Inclie French Press 3x15 (35 lbs.)
Side Bends 3x15 (8 lbs.) I go through a full ROM

Incline DB Press 3x15 (15/20/20 lbs.)
Reverse Cable Press down 3x15 (55 lbs.)
Wood Chop 3x15 (40 lbs.)

Push UP 2x10
Benc Dips 2x15
Decline Crossover Crunch 3x15

Tues. 3/15/05
38 minute Yoga butt DVD

Wed. 3/16/05 Back and Bicep Superset

Seat Row 3x15 (55 lbs.)
Lat Pull down 3x15 (65 lbs.)

Good Morning 3x15 (35/30/30 lbs.)
Pull UPs 3x15 (ummm..these are sissy pull ups)

Standing Bicep Curl 3x15 (15 lbs.)
Seated Inner Bi Curl 3x15 (12 lbs.)

Reverse Plate Curl 3x12 (25 lbs.)
Cable Concentration Curl 3x15 (35 lbs.)

Roman Chair 3x15
Frog Leg Sit ups 3x15
Declien Sit ups 3x15 (10 lbs.)
Reverse Sit ups 2x30 (10 lbs.)
Side Bends 3x15 (12 lbs.)

Thurs. 3/17/05

1 hour horseback riding...it uses muscles!!!

Fri. 3/18/05 Shoulder and Tri. Giant Set

Overhead Press 3x15 (20 lbs.)
Bent Arm Lat Raise 3x15 (15 lbs.)
Bent Over Lat Raise 3x15 (12 lbs.)

Overhead Tricep Ext. 3x15 (25 lbs.)
Reverse Pressdown 3x15 (55 lbs.)
Close Grip Bench Press 3x15 (70 lbs.)

V-UPs
Tristing Leg Lifts on Bench

Okay...that was 2 weeks ago and I of course was lazy on the weekend!!! I'll be posting the last week and this week soon..maybe later this afternoon