Starting Over.... - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 05:30 PM
NutMeg is sleepy
Mr. Universe

Default Re: Starting Over....

sweetpea, just start a new post in the Online Journals forum, taht will be your ABC journal, post workouts and diet stuff and people like to stop in and see how you're doing.

I get a good sweat on steppers and ellipticals. It's not high impact, but that's what you're supposed to be staying away from for a little bit. Your body should thank you, and trying other stuff won't be too bad
Old 03-29-2005, 08:28 PM
jmadison should change his/her status!
Stranger

im new to the board. i found you guys out thru my b/f. im wanting to be a fitness model, i.e shape, fitness..so on and so on. i have the body but just need a lil more muscle defining. luckily i have good genes and am able to define my muscles rather quickly. the one thing i really love about my body (cuz the way to be confident is to find things you like about yourself) is that i have a six-pack. i love it cuz i make the guys so jwalous. haha. sorry. but i could really use some advice as to what i can do to get myself where i wanna be. in a couple of weeks my b/f is taken pics of me so i will post some for you guys.

also, im in between moving so right now im just using some dumbbells that we have. the highest i have is 15's.

my stats:
height: 5"4'
weight: 113 (but all muscle)
body fat: 8% (not quiet sure but will find out)
more info soon
Old 03-29-2005, 08:43 PM
jmadison should change his/her status!
Stranger

so i saw sage63 have this pic and was really inspired. (thanks for the inspiration)

and this is where i wanna be. im not too far from it. i just need to get a lil more muscle. i was like this last spring, but due to some injuries and doctors oreders i lost it all.

Old 03-30-2005, 10:34 AM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

I'll definately start the journal. It'll be something else to motivate me.

I'll do the elliptical b/c when I do the stepper it irritates my Achilles. I went to the podiatrist and have Achilles Tendonitis forming into Tenosis, which is a chronic condition resulting from the teondonitis. Hopefully with PT I will be able to run again in 8 weeks.

Do you have any recommendations on what vitamins I should be taking or do you think just supplements..glutamine, etc.? Thanks bunches!!

My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and I glorify God in it by walking in divine healing and divine health. - I Cor. 6:19
Old 03-30-2005, 10:59 AM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

[ QUOTE ]
I'll definately start the journal. It'll be something else to motivate me.

I'll do the elliptical b/c when I do the stepper it irritates my Achilles. I went to the podiatrist and have Achilles Tendonitis forming into Tenosis, which is a chronic condition resulting from the teondonitis. Hopefully with PT I will be able to run again in 8 weeks.

Do you have any recommendations on what vitamins I should be taking or do you think just supplements..glutamine, etc.? Thanks bunches!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, when you read the PWO sticky on the nutrition forum, you will see that there are supplements recommended to take during your Windows of Opportunity *1-2 hours after lifting*.

[ QUOTE ]
How should I time my PWO nutrition?
I’ll outline it from the minute you finish your workout.

0:00 – 0:15 – Drink half of your PWO shake (as prescribed above in detail) during this time period. Take 5-10 grams of Creatine in powder form. Directly spoon it into your mouth and use the shake to wash it down.

0:15 – Take 5-10 grams of Glutamine spooned directly into your mouth. Take your multi-vitamin, Vitamin C and Vitamin E.

0:15-1:00 – Drink, slowly, the rest of your shake.

1:30-2:00 – Eat a balanced meal.

Source for this information includes the following link:
http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magaz...pportunity.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, creatine you would take while bulking, not cutting. I also take MSM complex with glucosamine and chondroitin, just 500 mg a day. I take a cheable calcium supplement *chocolate flavored* twice a day, 45 min after a meal. Also, during the day, fish oil tablets with a meal. Also, ZMA before bed time, 1 hour after last meal.

That is all I can recall right now.

Regards,

Amazon

PS- I buy a lot of stuff online so it is not as expensive as it may seem. My biggest expense is whey..since dextro and malto are so cheap. Eating healthy doesn't have to cost an arm an a leg but it takes research to find the right quality of products.

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 03-30-2005, 11:10 AM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

Thanks for the tips. Would you mind letting me in on where you buy your supplements. It is much more convenient for me to shop online, but with so many choices it can also be confusing. I guess what I am looking for is brands that have been tryed and that someone likes. Because I've tried some things that taste horrible. Plus, with vitamins, I konw they are not all good for you. I know that if a vitamin does no dissolve w/in 24 hours in water that you shouldn't take it because your body will not be able to absorb all of it. This may not be true, just what I've read and been told.

Thanks!!

My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and I glorify God in it by walking in divine healing and divine health. - I Cor. 6:19
Old 03-30-2005, 11:18 AM
nozzle should change his/her status!
National Champion

Alot of people like using 1fast400.com. They're fast and pretty cheap. You can't go wrong with Optimum Nutrition whey protein. The chocolate is good and most people like the Mint Chocolate. I've heard that you should stay away from Cookies & Cream and Strawberry.

Prolab and Optimum Nutrition has good Glutamine and Creatine.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:47 PM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
Alot of people like using 1fast400.com. They're fast and pretty cheap. You can't go wrong with Optimum Nutrition whey protein. The chocolate is good and most people like the Mint Chocolate. I've heard that you should stay away from Cookies & Cream and Strawberry.

Prolab and Optimum Nutrition has good Glutamine and Creatine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!! I'll check it out!!

Old 04-01-2005, 08:24 AM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

Otay...I tried and it didn't work...how do I link my journal to my sig?

Also, I have this annoying amt. of lower back fat..not as bad as most people, but worse than I'd like. It's right where my butt and my lower back meet. You know when you do leg lifts and hey there it is like a big sack of ickiness!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Does anyone have an specific exercises they like to do for this or is it a matter of just burning fat to get rid of it?

Thanks bunches!!!

Old 04-07-2005, 03:50 PM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

Okay, I've been eating more and I'm do okay with it, so far. Even though I feel bloated a lot b/c I'm not use to so much food in my diet (even though it really isn't that much). I kinda feel thicker to in the ab area, and when I look in the mirror, I look thicker...but I can still see some ab definition....it's very strange!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

But, I wanted to again say thanks for all the tips, I'm on the right road, but have many many miles to go!!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

You are all fabulous here and I appreciate the help!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Closed Thread