Losing weight...... - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 08:44 PM
melinda78 should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Losing weight......

I am 26 years old and had 2 surgeries done in 2003...I had my thyroid remove because of cancer. Now I am on synthroid for the rest of my life. Before my surgery I was very active and in pretty good shape. Now all I seem to do is gain weight very easily but losing I am having great difficulties with.....what can help me...I was thinking of trying diet pills like trim spa or cortislim but I am really unsure if that is the right thing to do? I weigh around 144 and I use to be 125..I would really like to get back to 125!! Please help!!!!
Old 03-20-2005, 10:21 PM
Gizzo should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Default Re: Losing weight......

There is some great info on this site under nutrition. The 13 week hardcore diet has worked for me and I have a moderatly slow metabolism. And there is nothing stopping you from getting back in shape. Don't worry about the synthroid a lot of people have to take it once a day, my mom is one of them.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:43 AM
Mr BJ should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

What does your doctor recommend ?
Old 03-21-2005, 11:50 AM
nozzle should change his/her status!
National Champion

Trim Spa and Cortislim are both rip offs. You will not lose weight on them.

I'd recommend a few things. First, make sure you are on the right doseages for your thyroid medication. I'd see your doctor and tell him that you are gaining weight and wonder if your doseage is correct.

Second, are you working out at all? If so, post your routine. What do you do each day for exercise?

Third, what does your diet look like? Do you eat a lot? Do you eat often? Do you eat junk or good foods? Post your diet, too.

Fourth, study the articles on this site! The Metabolic Primer series is a great one to understand how the body uses different foods. Also study the 13 weeks to hardcore fat burning.

Don't give up! We're here to help!!
Old 03-21-2005, 05:15 PM
flyskygirl should change his/her status!
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
First, make sure you are on the right doseages for your thyroid medication. I'd see your doctor and tell him that you are gaining weight and wonder if your doseage is correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Nozzle... I have two GF's going through almost the same as you as far as being on synthroid. They have been batteling thier weight like crazy.
One is 5'2 and always has been 100 lbs now shes barely under 130(thyroid adjusted but not removed) .The other is 5'8 and 160 and used to be 135...she is still having weight issues and has had her thyroid removed for almost 2 years now.How long have you been regulated?
with what Nozzle says if you are doing all the right things as far as a strict diet and toeing the line then I would defintly suggest sitting with your doc over the meds.

From what they say with the thyriod it is a VERY long process trying to get meds to regulate what your body had done naturally.So hang in there! try not to beat yourself up because it may be as simple as tweaking your dosage.

~Sky

37 years old
5'9"
145lbs
16% BF
Goal: 155 lbs of pure muscle! ..in the next 3 years
Possibly enter into a amature fiqure competiton by age 40!

My Profile
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/flyskygirl/

GO BUCKS! O - H -I -O

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...a/65a2b10b.gif
Old 03-21-2005, 07:17 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

[ QUOTE ]
Trim Spa and Cortislim are both rip offs. You will not lose weight on them.

I'd recommend a few things. First, make sure you are on the right doseages for your thyroid medication. I'd see your doctor and tell him that you are gaining weight and wonder if your doseage is correct.

Second, are you working out at all? If so, post your routine. What do you do each day for exercise?

Third, what does your diet look like? Do you eat a lot? Do you eat often? Do you eat junk or good foods? Post your diet, too.

Fourth, study the articles on this site! The Metabolic Primer series is a great one to understand how the body uses different foods. Also study the 13 weeks to hardcore fat burning.

Don't give up! We're here to help!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree on Nozzle first and foremost on checking that the amount of medication is what you need. Some things take time though.

How is your exercise routine now? How is your eating now? Post a typical day. How many times a day do you eat? Which is the size of your meals? How do you know how much and what to eat?

Welcome to ABC! Whatever questions might arise from the 13 week diet or the 13 week workout, please feel free to come back and ask. That is what we are here for!

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 04-05-2005, 06:08 PM
melinda78 should change his/her status!
Stranger

Yeah everyone thanks for the help, I finally went to the doctor and got some blood work, The results where that I was taking to much synthriod, so he told me to take half of pill on tues and thursday. Would taking to much synthriod would that be reason for the extra weight?
Old 04-05-2005, 08:56 PM
crabs should change his/her status!
Stranger

How tall are you? Well--a suggestion would be limiting your bad carbs like white flour, sugar (including lots of fruit), and potatoes. Try to exercise 30 minutes 3 times a week or even 20 minutes. As much as you can. Get a good nights rest, this also helps your metabolism, because you actually have energy to do things.
Closed Thread