How much Fat will come off? - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 11:01 AM
gsclarke should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default How much Fat will come off?

Hi

Can anyone help me with an answer to a question please?

I'm not a bodybuilder but I would like to know as I continue to drop fat levels at what point will it stop and I simply loose lean mass?

When I was ill and couldn't exercise I lost lean mass at the rate of 3lb per week. Now I'm back losing fat again.

I used to be 13 stone but got down to 11 stone 12 at Xmas and now, after a blip when I went on a cruise <groan> I'm at 11 stone.

I've worked out on my spreadsheet that if I carry on at the current rate I will be down to my target weight of 10 stone by mid May and if it was all fat, that would be 12%.

If I then carry on to drop to 9 stone I'd have no fat left - clearly not possible.

So, if I'm doing minimal exercise in the fat burning zone what happens when my fat percent starts to look healthy. Just eat more?

I can't get my head round it.

Sue

ps I've ordered a Marcy Multi-Gym. I can't do a lot due as I have CFS but I can't wait for it to arrive.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:13 PM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

Default Re: How much Fat will come off?

Hey. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm afraid there are too many variables to answer your question, so that is probably why you haven't received a response. Unfortunately we can't tell you how much fat you will lose or when you will start losing lbm. The best way to know what is happening with your body composition would of course be to test it, but that still won't give you any absolute, predictive information.

[ QUOTE ]
So, if I'm doing minimal exercise in the fat burning zone what happens when my fat percent starts to look healthy. Just eat more?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you reach a point where you want to maintain, then yes, you can slowly increase your calories until you stop losing.

Good luck accomplishing your goals. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 03-16-2005, 08:02 PM
Fireproof should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

The fat that surrounds the spinal cord, heart, and vital organs is called essential fat and is necessary to sustain life. The lowest body fat percentage a person can have is their amount of essential fat. Essential fat is approximately 2-3% of total body weight for males, and seems to be range between 7-10% for females. The difference in levels between genders is due to reproductive and hormonal factors. It is not likely for a competitor to reach the lowest possible body fat percentages though. If competitors can get within a couple percent of the lowest possible levels, they will display unbelievable definition. Most amateur regional level competitors don't even get that low.

Fitness and figure girls may can come in at a wide variety of body fat percentages, largely depending on where and how their body holds fat, as well as the desired look of the competing organization, but generally speaking, body fat levels range from 9-15%, (not nearly as low as required for female bodybuilders).

So those are some realistic 'minimums' for you to consider. Once you get under 10% bodyfat for a female, your body will start fighting further fat loss, and hence you'll be at greater risk for losing muscle.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:44 AM
gsclarke should change his/her status!
Stranger

Many thanks for the replies. I guess my goal will be 10-15%.

Regards, Gay

ps I should have my multi-gym soon. Once my brother has put it together I will no doubt end up with a load more questions <grin>. I will never be a body builder because of my illness but it doesn't mean I can't try! Who knows I may even get my husband going and that's a tall order.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:56 PM
Fireproof should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Best of luck to you!
Closed Thread