Ladies! Help me be a girl! - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 07:34 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

Default Re: Ladies! Help me be a girl!

[ QUOTE ]
After reading this thread I have an unnatural urge to buy something pink...(no not an Abercrombie shirt). [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I'll never think of Tuf or LA the same way again. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about a pink hat to use when snowboarding? LOL

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 03-07-2005, 09:57 PM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

[ QUOTE ]
After reading this thread I have an unnatural urge to buy something pink...(no not an Abercrombie shirt). [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Heen could probably loan you something...might be a bit tight, though.

[ QUOTE ]
I'll never think of Tuf or LA the same way again. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I am as girly as they come, Joe. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 03-20-2005, 09:26 AM
MS LADY should change his/her status!
Middleweight

I wish that I could help you. I am a pecan toned Black woman that very rarly wears makeup. I use MaryKay products to clean and mourish my skin. I use vickie secretions lip gloss, and any brand of lipliner if I like the color. I am partial to earth tones though.

It is not necessary to wear any makeup to appear professional. However, do soemthing with the hair. I would suggest a low maintanence hair-do. A bit of color goes a long way. I am partial to Navy, olive, black, and browns. I wear any of those shades to work. Those are my favorites. But i am professional at all times. Even when they let me wear jeans. I like buying double breasted suites for women with the matching skirts. I love pencil skirts and wide leg pants. I favor pump uup to 2 1/2 in. and wedge sandles.

Less is more, no one said u had to wear makeup. My indulgence is Vicke Secretions.[img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Be you no matter which way u go. I love looking strong and like a woman/lady. Well that was b4 i took a break and put on weight. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Heck i am still a lady

<font color="green">Mz. Lady's Journal of Temple Refinement</font>
<font color="purple">Mz. Lady's Nutrition Journal</font>

"In my life, GOd has closed a lot of doors in my face because He knew I was headed in the wrong direction. The good part is that He opened the right doors and steered me that way. If your gut feeling tells you that you are headed in the wrong direction, turn around before its too late."[img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
http://diamonique.home.comcast.net/l.../anibanner.gif
[b]<font color="purple">

http://images.animationfactory.com/i...weightloss.jpg
Old 03-21-2005, 11:37 PM
stephers081 should change his/her status!
Stranger

Those are all great tips! I would recommend going to an Ulta store if there is one near you. They have a wide variety of cosmetics and also a salon. The sales people are very helpful and you can even try some of the makeup before you buy it. I'm pretty sure they have a good return policy too, so if you buy something and decide you don't like it, you can probably take it back (if you don't use too much of it). If there isn't an Ulta store near you, there are probably other stores out there that are similar, and they also have a website - www.ulta.com.

Also, I've never used Bare Minerals makeup, but Almay is a good brand too. I have fair skin, so I usually choose one of the lightest shades of foundation. I also use a light concealer under my eyes (but don't go too light!)...I would recommend just trying to keep your makeup natural-looking. Less is more!

As far as clothes go, you might want to purchase mostly classic/basic pieces (black, navy, or gray suits, black slacks, etc) because they won't really go out of style. Then if you want something trendier, you could just get a few things each season instead of a whole new wardrobe. Hope this helps! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2005, 11:44 PM
l0stsheep is practicing beginner's mind

Hi, I'm a guy but i hope I can post my opinion haha...

If it was me(which is a weird thing to say)...But anyways, if it was me, I would go to MAC or Nordstrom, or MACY'S and so on...and go to the make up counter and just tell them what you are looking for. If you seemed interested in buying something, they should be very helpful. And hey, its their job, so you can trust what they recommend to you. Also, you could as them to try a few different things as far as diffferent colors so you can see how it looks.

Anyways...thats my 2 cents.

A list of Forum Rules For ABCbodybuilding - Click Here For In Depth Bible Studies - ABC Store

"...Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death." -Philippians 1:20

Authentic Happiness
Old 03-23-2005, 11:46 PM
l0stsheep is practicing beginner's mind

oh and for wordrobe, I would definitely make sure you get SOMETHING Burberry. I like the scarves, seriously though. Anything black with a burberry scarf will brighten up and make any outfit look more sophisticated. Oh and you can say "spring" or "summer" without having any flowers on ANY of your clothes [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

A list of Forum Rules For ABCbodybuilding - Click Here For In Depth Bible Studies - ABC Store

"...Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death." -Philippians 1:20

Authentic Happiness
Old 03-27-2005, 05:23 AM
LegendaryWatcher should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Can I take you shopping[img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'm sure I can help out in someway or another [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Well, if anything I can buy you a milkshake or perhaps a Starbucks [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2005, 05:40 AM
Paige should change his/her status!

Thank you all for the replies. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] This is a lot of stuff to digest. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

I went to Wal-Mart a few nights ago to look around, and one woman shopping around suggested a place nearby that sells Revlon, Clinique, and all sorts of other types of make-up, and said they will actually help you find the right colours and put on every shade of the rainbow to find the right one if needed. You don't have to buy anything either. I'm going to go there Tuesday or Wednesday after work to check it out.

I went to the mall last Saturday and no one gave free makeovers at the counters in Dillards, but they did help me try to find the right shade of somethings. Many of the foundations were too dark, but were some other things I liked. I think I will try that other place the woman recommended because there will probably be things that look better/I like more.

I also went to an Aveda shop. The woman showed me some things. The lightest foundation (.5 - Aspen) was way too dark, but I did buy some eyeshadow (Azalea) and lip gloss (Rosemist) that I liked a lot, and given the outrageous price I paid for those two things, that is gonna be my splurge for this whole make-up ordeal. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] But I'm happy with them.

[ QUOTE ]
I know that the BE website and QVC show a color swatch, so you can check that out and see the difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ordered Light and Fairly Light samples off of ebay Tuesday and that should be coming in any day now, but I couldn't find the colour swatch on the BE site. Unless I'm just blind. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

What is QVC?

[ QUOTE ]
I can also PM you a pic of my face to show you my skin color if that would help you decide.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would probably be good because it doesn't seem like make-up goes on skin exactly as it is packaged and should give me a generic idea of how yours comes out. At least I know lipstick is that way. I tried this one mauve and the stick thing inside looked like a dark-brown/red, but it turned my lips a bright magenta. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

I'd email you a pic of my face I guess if only to help advise about colours, or at least make the trade even. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Although you probably wouldn't be able to tell anyway because half my face is black and blue; I was crunching data and work and my desk was covered with stuff and I set my plate of broccoli with a bowl of cottage cheese on top of a book since there was no place else, and I left and came back and tripped over my feet and I fell forward and to prevent killing myself on the desk I used my arm to stop my fall but my hand hit the plate and it launched the bowl of cottage cheese like a catapult and the side of the bowl hit my cheek and nose and forehead and I was covered in cottage cheese and since I managed to somehow land on the floor the open bottle of water I had toppled over and rained on my hair. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] I don't think cottage cheese is exfoliating, but if I bruise I guess I could just use concealer, right? [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
On a powder foundation like BE,

[/ QUOTE ]

I am curious; I can understand a liquid foundation, but how does a powder become a foundation?

[ QUOTE ]
Blush, of course, you don't use all over, but I'm sure you know that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've actually seen people that use it in huge circles about the entirety of their cheeks and on their necks. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I read you can use a little bit down the centre of your nose to make your face look slimmer. My face shape is somewhere between round and oblong, but more round IMO, and tend to store fat in my face so I was thinking of maybe trying that. Has anyone here done that or heard of that trick?

[ QUOTE ]
No, it isn't necessary. It's really up to you and how "made up" you want to look.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that the same concept with lipstick? So far a lot of shades I tried just look fake on me, or it makes it obvious I am wearing some. Many of the dark ones make me look like a china doll and the lighter ones make my face look washed out. But it must all come together when you get everything else on? However I do like my natural lip shade a lot; are there any transluscent lipsticks?

For the most part I want a natural look for everday circumstances, but I suppose for something like a special occasion I may as well go for the whole shabang.

[ QUOTE ]
if you are wondering about hair, i say go to a salon for a cut and casually ask for different tips and techniques on how to style your hair. a good cut helps and they will tell you how to style.

[/ QUOTE ]

My hair used to be knee-length through high school and I got a shag sort of thing that looked really good on me, but I didn't understand how to style it so it ended up not looking much different than my first hair. I went back to the same stylist a year ago to cut it back the way it was (it had grown out some, although I tried to keep it trimmed) and for some reason she gave me a bob with choppy bangs and it made me look like I gained 20 lbs... I'm still trying to recover from that trauma. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I've been asking women I see in the locker room of the gym and at church where they go, and I'm beginning to see a little bit of a pattern. I was scheduled to go yesterday/Friday but I had to reschedule for next week.

Will a good stylist help you figure out what looks good? I've been looking at hairstyles and clipping some, but I just don't know if some of these will look good on me. My hair is wavy, and there have been times I've tried to straighten it that haven't worked, so I doubt it will do some of the things I would like. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Don't tell anyone I gave you this link...it could tarnish my reputation here at ABC..

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, thanks for the link LA! That's been very helpful. Lots of good info! I'm still reading around. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I'm over that now... the biggest thing that helped me was window shopping. Set a few dates to go to the mall and JUST LOOK at clothing in some stores. Next, I made a couple of dates where I went and JUST TRIED ON different outfits, combinations. It pisses the sales people off a little bit, but WTF, how else will you learn what looks good on you? It took me a month or two, but I ended up with a pretty good nose for fashion.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good idea. Apart from workout clothes my wardrobe is mostly made up of T-shirt and baggy pant Hot Topic-ness, topped with 80s TMNT hoodie goodness, mainly because it would just flatter my figure more than the junk in Wet Seal or wherever (and it fits better). I'm trying to cut muscle with minimal fat gain too so my bodyshape is changing about every week. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] But in a way that's a really good thing just because that will help me learn more about fashion and what looks good and what doesn't.

I feel weird wearing anything else though, like it's not me. This whole overhaul of my wardrobe and appearance is something I guess I have to do, but in some aspects I feel like I'm not being myself anymore, or I don't exude the impression I'm my own person and in lieu of that it sort of makes me feel insecure in a way. I don't know how to explain it. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Taking a guy with you could help too, we'll tell you if you're lookin' hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will do that. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Though times like this make me wish I had a gay friend, lol. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
It is not necessary to wear any makeup to appear professional. However, do soemthing with the hair. I would suggest a low maintanence hair-do.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's something I want to go for if it's possible. I don't want to spend more than 5 minutes on something... maybe 15 tops, but that's really pushing it. When my hair in its current state is down it's rather wavy, but it's gotten long and doesn't really have any shape to it. Right now I just wear it pulled back into a bun with a braid around it or I'll wear some kind of hat, although having some other option would be good.

[ QUOTE ]
If there isn't an Ulta store near you, there are probably other stores out there that are similar, and they also have a website - www.ulta.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! There is a store in the city so I will stop by there. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
As far as clothes go, you might want to purchase mostly classic/basic pieces (black, navy, or gray suits, black slacks, etc) because they won't really go out of style. Then if you want something trendier, you could just get a few things each season instead of a whole new wardrobe. Hope this helps!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that does help, thank you. That's something I can go to resale shops for and would go along with my not wanting to buy a million different things. I can probably mix and match classics more easily as well.

[ QUOTE ]
oh and for wordrobe, I would definitely make sure you get SOMETHING Burberry.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is that? [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
After reading this thread I have an unnatural urge to buy something pink...(no not an Abercrombie shirt).

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you could use some new posing trunks:

And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me --- everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you. - Philippians 4:8,9.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:43 AM
Paige should change his/her status!

[ QUOTE ]

I'm sure I can help out in someway or another [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, probably. Honestly I'm debating right now if I want 13 Going on 30 or Kill Bill Vol. 2 on DVD. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Well, if anything I can buy you a milkshake or perhaps a Starbucks [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Make mine a Vanilla Bean Frappucino with a slice or two of carrot cake!!!!!1111oneoneoen *dies, melts*

And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me --- everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you. - Philippians 4:8,9.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:12 AM
LegendaryWatcher should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, probably. Honestly I'm debating right now if I want 13 Going on 30 or Kill Bill Vol. 2 on DVD. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Make mine a Vanilla Bean Frappucino with a slice or two of carrot cake!!!!!1111oneoneoen *dies, melts*

[/ QUOTE ]

13 Going On 30 is a much better movie than the other choice you mentioned [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And are you seriously going to have me tempt fate on this cut by ordering that mouth watering goodness [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I believe QVC is a home shopping network on tv, but I could be wrong.

Also, this is really cool that you are exploring so have fun. That's what it's all about. You'll find what you need and you'll know it because you'll feel it deep down inside yourself. You can do it girl [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Closed Thread