Getting the Girl to the Gym - Page 3 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 05:35 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

Default Re: Getting the Girl to the Gym

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, some good advice floating around here...Personally, whenever I compliment a girl (which I don't do, because if they deserve then they hear it all the time anyways, they just turn it off). But like someone said earlier if I compliment them and they say something along the lines of sure whatever...something like that. The biggest mistake guys make is pleading his case that it's true. I just say aright you're right (in a way that I think she's being stupid). This immediately causes them to accept it, it works wonders. Any guy that pleads his case is a chump, and is more of a self help recording than a man.

This is in response to the guys who say they can't compliment women.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can accept a compliment.
I know who I am.
I know how hot I am..
The point is...there is a way to say things..if you tell me something looking at me like you are planning on physically assault me..Then you will need surgery for dumbbell removal. If in the other hand, you say it casually, as part of the conversation..I will say: Thanks!

Just say it if you mean it. How the other person reacts to it, is THEIR choice.

We all are driven to change for different reasons, more than the behavior we look at what motivates behavior and positive feedback. Learning about a person and what they like is important, specially if you are in a relationship. See behavior. Maybe other type of activity that is sports related, not necessarily gym and lifting would work for her.

Kudos on Profly, Kyra, Brothaman, X-Factor, etc. You guys have given awesome advice!

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 02-25-2005, 06:05 PM
el trigueño should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

well....i can safely say that if i was your husband and i were to call your stomach "mushy", i certainly ain't sleeping nowhere else but my bed with you in it.[img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

i like to try and plan some physical activities. i think last summer was really enjoyable for us. we did alot more outdoor things. and i hope to duplicate that this summer as well. i always give a few words with positive feeling and intent. like eating good meals, not to skip out on them because you need your strength and nutrition. or how simple cardio will give ya a little boost as it does for me. we'll see where things go.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Bantamweight

well at least you understand...i think. i've been with her for this long not because of her exterior but because of the person she is.
if it's any consolation, for my sakes, the girl before her was 'meaty.' and i never had thoughts about leaving her because of it. and the one before her TOO. i just think it's mis-interpreted and looked at as being shallow, or superficial...if you have a loved one and you want him/her to 'trim the edges' to put it as such.

it may have come across as picky...but i'm worse when it comes to my own body. she even tells me to lighten up...and how my legs are fine...arms are bigger etc etc.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:21 PM
sta63bmx should change his/her status!
National Champion

[ QUOTE ]
Kudos on Profly, Kyra, Brothaman, X-Factor, etc. You guys have given awesome advice!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I gave awesome advice, too. NOBODY wants to get blamed for cramping.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:20 PM
X-Factor should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I gave awesome advice, too. NOBODY wants to get blamed for cramping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stab! You owned this thread dude!!

Yea, I guess i never looked at the fact of delivery on compliments Amazon. It is very true. If you can casually say something then it's perfect.

The best compliment i ever gave a girl was that her nose wiggles when she laughs...this was when she was laughing of course and then...hey there it goes again!...it was very casual..compliments need to be selected with the importance of a PWO shake [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2005, 11:09 PM
Bantamweight

[ QUOTE ]

Stab! You owned this thread dude!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha!...This is MY creation. No one can take what they don't have.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:34 PM
Super-Heavyweight

You better watch out, JP will unleash an army of calculators on you if you're not careful....
Old 02-27-2005, 09:42 PM
Adam Knowlden should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

[ QUOTE ]
What ways work as encouragement to get that special somebody into he gym? She's got a cute petite figure. But her stomach seems too mushy...it needs to be tight. Also I'd like her arms to be somewhat lean...and for her lats to be carved. Oh and her legs to be nicely defined...and if squats would make her behind bigger, i'm all for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds more like one of those personal ads in the paper.Its not about finding the right person, its about being the right person bro.

You can not change others, only God can change people. You however, change yourself with God's help. Which is what I would suggest focusing on. For example, if your girlfriend sees your dedication to health and fitness, that motivation may rub off on her. But perhaps it will rub off in a different way. For example, instead of weights, maybe she'll enjoy running.

However if you are working out and making it a large part of your life and it has no impact on her wanting to improve, I would guess that your motives for working out are wrong. Certainly someone who sets a good example will motivate others.

For myself, I want to be in good shape for two reason:

1. Being slothful is a sin.
2. I want good health so I can minister to the poor as long as possible.

These are not self centered reasons, but others focused reasons.

If you are working out for the purpose of vanity, it will have little impact on others to change for the better as it will not appeal to their spirit, but their flesh. For example it may incite someone to lust for you due to your shape, but your shape will not impact their spirit if the reasons for your working out are not spiritual.

In the same manner, your desire for you girlfriend to work out should be for health reasons above your fleshly lust for enhanced sexual stimulus. That really is selfish.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:04 PM
Kyra1991 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
Its not about finding the right person, its about being the right person bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%!
Old 02-28-2005, 03:26 PM
Super-Heavyweight

Good post OS...I love how the mods/admins can go to any level of intelligence in discussion, and still give priceless advice and info, it's amazing how they adapt....surely a gift...
Closed Thread