Getting the Girl to the Gym - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 07:32 PM
el trigueño should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Default Getting the Girl to the Gym

What ways work as encouragement to get that special somebody into he gym? She's got a cute petite figure. But her stomach seems too mushy...it needs to be tight. Also I'd like her arms to be somewhat lean...and for her lats to be carved. Oh and her legs to be nicely defined...and if squats would make her behind bigger, i'm all for it.

Now. Exactly how can I motivate her so that she'll start going to the gym. She'll feel the desire to go? I'm not sure if I'm doing it right or what. But she's told me she'd go early this year. And we are in March almost. The closest she's been is checking out the price, and that was last week. What words would motivate a gal?
Old 02-23-2005, 10:01 PM
Profly should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Getting the Girl to the Gym

Umm dude, I dont think you are going to go about it the right way. She has got to want to go for herself... not for you. It sopunds like you want her to go FOR YOU. this is not right. Before I rant on you (sorry) what relation is she to you. If she is your g-friend, I wouldnt go and say her tummy is too mushy... that it needs to be tight... her lats need to be carved... ect. this is not very nice of you. I am sorry if I am coming across as mean... but if she is your g-friend, you should be happy with her the way she is.

GGG

Age: 33 (Old enough to know better, still too young to care)
Weight: 192 lbs
Height: 5'10"
BF: ~12%
Arm: 16.5"
Forearm: 14"
Chest: 46"
Waist: 33"
Thigh: 24.25"
Calve: 16"

Old 02-23-2005, 11:53 PM
el trigueño should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

i haven't expressed my sentiment in any rude and direct way.(like the part about the lats) It has been more suttle in my opinion. Like maybe I'll rub her side, and she'll grab my hand and giggle. I've even said let's spend more time together, going to the gym is fun and healthy at the same time. She has gone, but stopped due to a change in work schedule. But when she has had the time, she hasn't gone to at least check out the local gym as soon as I would hope.

I'd like for her to have a bit more self-confidence, so I figure shaping her body a bit more may help. I don't put her down with harsh words: 'you look horrible' or 'i don't want to touch you.' We've been together for almost 2 yrs now. And I've been proud of her spiritual and overall maturity progress as time has elapsed. I don't like talking about it too much, because females can be quite vain (i'm up there). And it sucks that my own vanity, or self image (i hate my calves...and i wish my forearms were bigger etc etc...which i routinely do in the mirror) is getting the best of me at times.

I'd just like her to get involved. It'll give us something extra in common. Hopefully an opinion from a femal member can give an extra advantage.

P.S.

Nice hat. I'm thinking of one or two but smaller for a new spring/summer look.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:20 AM
Kyra1991 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

I am sorry to tell you but I agree with Profly. The way I think about it is that you should not get into a relationship with someone that you want to change. If she conforms to how you want her to be, how do you know you will like her as the new person. And I know you may say that you are not trying to change her, but a physical change in someone definetely results in a mental change. If she wants to go to the gym thats her perogative, not yours. It is not your responsibility to motivate her. And it is not your responsibility to make her go to the gym.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:48 AM
Light-Heavyweight

If you really like her and the relationship is good, then get active otherways.. See how YOU can get more things in common with HER. Maybe she like to just toss a frizbee around? go for a walk, enjoy the outdoors. Maybe she doesnt really want to go to the gym and this is why she procrastinates about it. What if she like to go for a picnic?? Then go spend a day at the park, bring a football, a frisbee, baseball and gloves, soccerball... have a little lunch... this to me would be better? No? To me this is a better way of finding what her physical interests are. If you really like her then get active on her terms. If she is interested in the gym, she will go. I wouldnt force her. If she sees how much you enjoy it, she may give it a try. I wouldnt make her or expect her to go. She will have to go on her own intuition.

GGG

Old 02-24-2005, 11:46 AM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

Kyra and Profly...wow..you guys...hold on..I have some whey in my eye..be back..

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 02-24-2005, 12:59 PM
X-Factor should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Oh man, I'm sorry but it just sounds a little.....um, shallow, or egotistical, I dunno. You just presented your question wrong dude. I know what you mean. My ex used to train alot, BEFORE I got to meet her. When I did she still had a nice body, she was'nt a hard body, she was just solid (I like my girls with a bit of meat on them [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) but when I saw her old pics of when she used to train for soccer, I was like "****!". I thought I really wanted her to get back into shape that way. It sounds bad but it's true. I won't lie. However I just said to her, man look at your stomach in that pic it's so toned, stuff like that. She told me she really liked working out before. THen I saw my opportunity and said "COME WITH ME!!". Right after that she said "What do you think i'm Fat?" I just kind of realized it was selfish. There is nothing wrong with suggesting it especially if you are worried about health problems for them. But at the end of the day you gotta love her for her. Esthetics should be a plus. This is coming from a 17 year old, who does'nt have any problems with girls either. I learned a fair bit from her. And I did forget it after.

There is nothing wrong with your want, as long as you will love her just as much. I agree with Profly though, just bring her out with you to do cardio. Thats all you have to do by the sounds of it, you just want her leaner. And help her fix up the diet, just make suggestions like "Thats so bad for your..." Stuff like that comment on how bad stuff that she eats is, not directly, just out of the blue if you see her fav fast food, just say "That stuff disgusts me..." Worth a shot, but don't hurt the girl man.....
Old 02-24-2005, 01:03 PM
Kyra1991 should change his/her status!
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
And help her fix up the diet, just make suggestions like "Thats so bad for your..." Stuff like that comment on how bad stuff that she eats is, not directly, just out of the blue if you see her fav fast food, just say "That stuff disgusts me..."

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be careful how you say these things to her. It can come accross as criticism. My ex, used to critize everything I put in my mouth and that lead to his comment "Feed that A$s" I got tired of hearing the critism and it lead to fights. Not the best way to help out. I am talking from experience.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:24 PM
Light-Heavyweight

I also agree, Treading on thin ice man. Your wording has to be very precise. Women can be very critical about how they look. If you guys are seriously into one another, it shouldnt matter what she looks like. I find women of all shapes and sizes attractive. Whats on the surface is just a bonus. Agreed, I want to be with someone who is physically active and in shape but in shape can be lean or not.

Let me ask you this, Do you find pregnant woman attractive? I certainly do, and it has nothing to do with how they look, it has to do with how they act, the glow they have.

GGG

Old 02-24-2005, 02:34 PM
TimmyA should change his/her status!
Rookie

[ QUOTE ]
If you really like her and the relationship is good, then get active otherways.. See how YOU can get more things in common with HER. Maybe she like to just toss a frizbee around? go for a walk, enjoy the outdoors. Maybe she doesnt really want to go to the gym and this is why she procrastinates about it. What if she like to go for a picnic?? Then go spend a day at the park, bring a football, a frisbee, baseball and gloves, soccerball... have a little lunch... this to me would be better? No? To me this is a better way of finding what her physical interests are. If you really like her then get active on her terms. If she is interested in the gym, she will go. I wouldnt force her. If she sees how much you enjoy it, she may give it a try. I wouldnt make her or expect her to go. She will have to go on her own intuition.

GGG

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said Profly...I totally agree.

Closed Thread