heavy lifting- does it impres men? - Page 3 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 12:18 PM
NutMeg is sleepy
Mr. Universe

Default Re: heavy lifting- does it impres men?

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] It's all a matter of opinion... my dad and bro don't like it either...
Old 01-13-2005, 12:18 PM
byblos should change his/her status!
Lightweight

MFT, now you roused the ire of soccerchick and countless other hardcorites. Not a wise move my friend (and so totally wrong might I add).

Seriously, though, aside from the strength and the cut aspects (which is very cool, in my opinion), what is most impressive is the level of dedication displayed by the female athletes that are members of this site. It equals and sometimes even surpasses that of any male bodybuilder anywhere. One can't help but be impressed by it.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:19 PM
Raging Dragon should change his/her status!
Rookie

When I see that a woman has a hardcore work ethic I'm usually quite impressed... Lifting heavy weights impresses me just that much more I guess. I don't mind athletic looking women personally. However, women really after a certain point I've noticed women can be *too* cut up. I do like women fairly curvy, and being too cut can hurt a woman's curviness.
Old 01-15-2005, 04:21 AM
cr4zyguy should change his/her status!

a girl lifting heavy won't really be a turn on for me (neither is it a turn off) but it'll definitely make me interested to know her! i do find it cool if a girl is strong..

BUT, there is definitely an exception! if i were to be squatting at my 2-3RM and she walks up to me, asks for a work-in and starts squatting my weights as warm up, i think there will only be 2 outcomes:

1. faint right on the spot
2. if i did not faint miraculously, i would just end my workout immediately, pack up (not forgetting PWO), go home and confine myself for the rest of the entire year and not step foot out of the house!

Lightweight Baby!
Old 01-19-2005, 12:30 PM
JTiger should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Lifting is sexy
Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not Mr. Lebowski. You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing. - Jeffrey "The Dude" Lebowski
Old 01-19-2005, 09:33 PM
B.A.M. should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

It impresses me to see a girl lift weights, but I'm not particularly turned on by a strong girl or muscular girl.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:26 PM
nozzle should change his/her status!
National Champion

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] It's all a matter of opinion... my dad and bro don't like it either...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! I can one up that one. My parents' reaction to me telling them that I was going to start this Olympic and Powerlifting training program to get ready for the Highland Games was "Gasp! Oh, no, don't. Please don't." They couldn't have sounded more disappointed in me if I had just told them that I was shaving my head, changing my name to Earl and getting a sex change operation.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:31 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! I can one up that one. My parents' reaction to me telling them that I was going to start this Olympic and Powerlifting training program to get ready for the Highland Games was "Gasp! Oh, no, don't. Please don't." They couldn't have sounded more disappointed in me if I had just told them that I was shaving my head, changing my name to Earl and getting a sex change operation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, a kindred soul!
When I started bodybuilding at the age of 19...my father told me that whatever I was doing, I should stop it, because I didn't look "normal" Ouch! No wonder I am such a rebel! LOL

Nozzle, buddy, if we lived on the same zip code, I bet we could tell each other tons of stories in this regards!

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 01-22-2005, 10:09 AM
LegendaryWatcher should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

[ QUOTE ]
It really, really, really depends on the guy. And even then, it may all depend on how secure the guy is with himself.

I think you'll find quite a few guys on this site likes a girl who will lift heavy. In the gym, if you see guys doing hardcore lifts, most of them will be impressed if they see you doing the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find this to be absolutely true in my case. There are a few women at the gym I attend who frequently go heavy and hardcore. I really dig chicks who have lots of strength and bust out with the heavy compound movements. I find that it is easier to talk to women in the gym who are more in tune with the type of training I have set forth for myself. Nicely said Meg, I couldn't agree more!!
Old 01-24-2005, 04:28 AM
YouFiz should change his/her status!
Middleweight

there is this girl at my gym and she is defined and cut.. she lifts heavy and i sometimes train with her.. she has all my respect but most of the guys at my gym do not respect her at all.. they say stuff such as 'thats not a chicks thats a guy wit T%$S' and i find that very offensive.

she works out hard and she is very happy with herself..and im happy for her also.

why is it that a lady can lift but a guy can these days??

PASSION - PAIN - PERFECTION
Closed Thread