Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > In Depth Nutrition

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 08:38 AM
DB_Head should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Default Homemade ZMA

Hey everyone,
I'm from the Philippines and I've been trying to find ZMAs. Unfortunately the only ones I've been able to find are extremly over priced!

I read somewhere that i you can make a homemade ZMA with the individual vitamin and mineral supplements Zinc monomethionine aspatate, magnesium aspartate and some b6. Problem is i can't find any Zinc monomethionine aspatate. All I can find is Zinc Gluconate.

Can i take Zinc Gluconate instead of Zinc monomethionine aspatate?

What's the difference between the two?

Is it okay to take 50mg zinc, 500mg magnesium and 50mg B6 or are these dosages to high?

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2005, 09:41 AM
a-folov should change his/her status!
National Champion

Default Re: Homemade ZMA

The difference will be mainly in total absorption. If you use 50mg of zinc gluconate, it will not matter on the over-all scale.

The dosages that you listed are just fine, but if you don't feel "right" with that combo, try lowering your magnesium dose (cut the pill in half if it's a single one).
Old 01-05-2005, 03:09 AM
HKDave should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Hey Ordo, I'm from Manila as well... You're right about ZMA, it's hell to find one with a reasonable price, not even Mercury has it. Health food stores usually have Calcium - Magnesium - Zinc combo available. Let me know if you find anything... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2005, 09:53 AM
DB_Head should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

hey theveed. nice to see a familiar face... i found magnesium aspartate in a health store in robinsons galleria (its in the back near olypic gold) and you can get zinc gluconte and b6 at pretty much any health store.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:00 AM
HKDave should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Ordo: Been there too, that place is really pricey hehe. Healthy Options has a lot more choices, but like you, I don't exactly know which Zinc and Magnesium to pick.

I think I saw ZMA in Galleria but not near Gold's, the supplement store at the 3rd floor near Nescafe and all the clinics area had ZMA.
Closed Thread