Back to the Gym and have questions... - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 07:07 PM
gtrplayer should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Back to the Gym and have questions...

Hi all!

Ok, back to the gym today for the SECOND workout. Last gym day was 6 days ago. Prior to that it has been 4 months or more!

Today I started with the typical guy workout. Chest.

I did dips (3 sets of 10)
Flat bench plain bar x1 set of 15
35lb on each side 3 sets x8,x6,x5
Incline dumbell (3sets, 10lb each hand x 11, 20lbs x11, 20lbs x 10) I really pushed myself here to squeeze out the last rep
Flat bench Flys (10lb x12, 20lb x 10, 20 x 10)
Light Ab work out to finish up.

Food intake for the day?
Small bowl cereal and milk early am
Large coffee (black)
Harvest bar 10am w/large coffee (black)
1pm. 1 grilled chicken breast, 1 sweet potato and a portion of bushes beans for lunch. 24oz of Water x2
3pm to Gym
24oz water x2 while at gym
Dinner at 6:30pm Mac and cheeze and pbnj sandwich 24oz water x2

Now. Here is a question. During my workout, I felt "ok"... I really felt like I pushed pretty good and can tell I'll be sore tomorrow. The problem is that right after my workout, on the way home I could hardly keep my eyes open I was so **** tired! I felt like I could just lie down and sleep right there! What is that all about????

Your advice? Comments? Suggestions?? ALL are very welcome!

Thank you all so much!

Also, what should I work out tomorrow???? Thought about arms or shoulders...????
Old 10-12-2004, 07:58 PM
mamcubus should change his/her status!

Default Re: Back to the Gym and have questions...

Welcome GT! Hard to get back into the gym after an extended layoff, huh? I used to always get dizzy towards the end of my routine during the first couple of weeks after an extended layoff, however, I never got so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open.... You didn't mention what your goals are, however, I think that you should look at your food intake which looks pretty slim for a workout diet. The nutrition tab has a lot of excellent info regarding calorie intake and the such, depending on your goals.

Good Luck
Old 10-12-2004, 08:03 PM
Hisoka should change his/her status!

In my humble opinion I beleive you need to really increase the amount of food you eat. Your breakfast is too miniscule to provide you with enough calories for the day.

I recommend having a bowl of oatmeal as well for breakfast. At 10 am the harvest bar isn't enough. You should have some meat or other protein source and some complex carbs as well. Also do you know about post workout shakes? If not you should read the window of opportunity sticky. You should also eat another meal after 6 30 and perhaps some slow digesting protein before you go to bed. Hmm, i'm assuming you are trying to increase mass. This is a very good website and I highly recommend you read the articles on nutrition here. You will gain much insight and knowledge about nutrition.

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time. ~Mark Twain

There's nothing certain in a man's life except this: That he must lose it. ~Aeschylus, Agamemnon

No one knows whether death is really the greatest blessing a man can have, but they fear it is the greatest curse, as if they knew well. ~Plato
Old 10-12-2004, 08:18 PM
Stranger

Yea, I know I'd get hit hard on my food intake, although I like to keep it real and that's why I posted that lame little bit of intake.

My goal is to gain mass and bulk up.

I am reading the nutrition tab stuff now and will heed to the much appreciated advice!!!!!

I just had a scoop of chocolate whey protein in water. YUCK! NASTY! LOL.... I'm sure my body needed it though. I should have just eaten it dry!

Back to reading and thank you all for the info!
Old 10-12-2004, 08:53 PM
Hisoka should change his/her status!

Hmm I just noticed your name. What kind of music you like to play? I also am a guitar player, not a very good one though. I like to play classical guitar and also electric. Metal, classic rock, blues and stuff. I also like to play bass especially some black sabbath.

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time. ~Mark Twain

There's nothing certain in a man's life except this: That he must lose it. ~Aeschylus, Agamemnon

No one knows whether death is really the greatest blessing a man can have, but they fear it is the greatest curse, as if they knew well. ~Plato
Old 10-13-2004, 02:38 PM
Stranger

Hey there.

I've been playing since I was 6yrs old (now 37) I play a little bit of everything. I always say that the only music my guitars won't play is country!!!! LOL although, I appreciate ALL music.

As my age will define, I'm an avid "old school" rock fan too! 80s rock. Extreme is one of my favs. Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Stevie Ray, and of course Eddie.

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]