Tanuki is back! *Seriously, gonna update this time...* =^.^= - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 09:21 PM
Tanuki is back!
Middleweight

Default Tanuki is back! *Seriously, gonna update this time...* =^.^=

Alright everybody, I have returned! What's that, you didn't even notice I was gone? Haha, well, I was out of the country for a long time and then when I got back home to Oregon my internet connection was 24.6, which I just couldn't handle. Now I am back at Portland State with a real gym, cardio room, and cable internet, so hopefully I can update this journal a bit more consistently than I have in the past.

As most of you will probably gather by the way I train, I more of a strength athlete than a bodybuilder I guess. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing changes in my physique as I grow, but I get more satisfaction out of adding 5 or 10 pounds to heavy, compound lifts. I definitely train low-volume, in fact I remember someone here saying that the knew powerlifters who perform more sets than me. Anyway, I have been training this way for over two years now and I absolutely love it, not to mention that the gains haven't stopped coming.

Right now I am trying to lean out a bit so I am shooting for 4-5 cardio sessions a week and I also eat loads of vegetables.

Here is the basic diet that I follow, and I am trying not cheat more than once every 10 days.
---------------------------------
Breakfast
2 whole eggs
5 egg whites
1/2 cup oatmeal
Green pepper

Pre-workout
Whey protein isolate
45g glucose

Post-workout #1
Whey protein isolate
45g glucose

Post-workout #2
1/2 chicken breast
1/2 scooop whey protein isolate
White rice (approx 50g carbs)
Soy sauce

Post-workout #3
12 oz. skim milk
1/2 scoop whey protein isolate
4 egg whites
25g glucose

Post-workout #4
1/2 chicken breast
1/2 scooop whey protein isolate
White rice (approx 50g carbs)
Soy sauce

Pre-cardio
1/2 scoop whey protein
16g glucose

Post-cardio
1/2 scoop whey protein
16g glucose

All other meals (3 or 4 times a day)
Large salad (lettuce, cabbage, spinach, carrots, broccoli, sprouts)
1 1/2 Chicken breast (sub 6 oz. lean beef for one meal)
Every other meal have 1/2 scoop whey protein instead of the extra half chicken breast and add 1 tsp. flaxseed oil as well

Midnight meal
10 oz. skim milk
1 scoop whey protein
1 tsp. flaxseed oil
---------------------------------

Here are the supplements I am currently using, not including the whey.

Creatine (start loading next week)
L-Glutamine (25-50g daily)
Multi-vitamin (3 times a day)
Vitamin C (2.5-3.5g daily)
Vitamin E (1200-2000iu daily)
An ephedra-free pre-workout instensifier (almost not worth the money geez)
CLA (6g daily)
Flaxseed oil
r-ALA (600mg daily)
NAC (1.5g daily)

...And I think that about covers it!

What else? Hmmm... Ah yes, stats. Well, right now I am usually right around 215 pounds at 5'11". I am definitely not as lean as I'd like to be but I've got some good cuts in my legs most of the time and I have a faint outline of a 4-pack, not sure on the BF%, kinda don't wanna know haha.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:31 PM
Tanuki is back!
Middleweight

Default Re: Tanuki is back! *Seriously, gonna update this time...* =^.^=

I don't have the numbers for the other 4 workouts from earlier this week, but you guys don't mind do ya? You will see it all as I go from here on out.

Friday, Oct. 1st- Back
Deadlifts 1 X 6 @ appox. 353 lbs., 1 X 5 @ approx. 353 (I set the weight back down after each rep)
Pull-ups 1 X 6 @ bodyweight, 1 X 5 @ bodyweight (I perform these with my hands about shoulder-width apart, keeping my elbows in.)
Barbell rows 1 X 4 @ 205, 1 X 5 @ 195 (first set was too sloppy)
Pull-downs 1 X 6 @ 175 (same grip as pull-ups)
V-bar pull-downs 1 X 6 @ 190

This was a pretty solid workout, though I felt a bit distracted due to the fact that the gym was packed this afternoon. I usually get in during the early morning, but today I had to train right around peak hours. This is my first week back after a week off, so I am not going balls-to-the-wall just yet. Next week I really wanna give 100% and tear things up. Right now I am just trying to get back into the swing of things.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:47 PM
Tanuki is back!
Middleweight

Forgot to mention that I also use a joint-support supplement.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:20 PM
Tanuki is back!
Middleweight

Oh, and comments are definitely welcome here!
Old 10-02-2004, 06:51 AM
DukeOfEarl should change his/her status!
Middleweight

hey dude! im really interested to see your workouts.

IF SOMETHING'S HARD TO DO THEN IT'S NOT WORTH DOING!

<font color="blue"> 12 yrs old
BW: 235lbs
21 inch arms(cold)
Bench: 625lbs (NEW PR 10/16/04!!)
Squat: 785lbs
Deadlift: never maxed probly liek 800 tho</font>

Old 10-02-2004, 06:45 PM
Tanuki is back!
Middleweight

Grrrrrrrrrrr... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] So apparently the gym closes at 5:00 on weekends. Blah, I will have to do today's scheduled workout tomorrow. Not all is lost though, I think I will go for a jog tonight.
Old 10-03-2004, 11:38 AM
Mr. C should change his/her status!
Stranger

Good luck with your workout today! kick some butt! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2004, 07:35 PM
Tanuki is back!
Middleweight

You know, I'd by lying if I said I wasn't impressed with my gains in size and strength over the years. I think it is important to give myself a pat on the back so-to-speak, but at the same time, just because I am impressed doesn't mean that I am anywhere near satisfied. Heck, it doesn't even mean that I think my current standards are good enough at all!

I was thinking today... How much more could I have accomplished if I truly dedicated myself 100% to the bodybuilding lifestyle? How much bigger, stronger, and leaner could I be right now? What if I had made sure to get 8 hours of sleep every night, never missed a meal to hang out with friends, never slacked off during a workout or skipped one all together? What if I put my goals first 100% of time? The truth is that I have no way of knowing, so the real question is what am I going to do about it?

I definitely think it is time to elevate my current standards. I want to put my training, recovery, and diet first. Of course, just saying that isn't enough. I have to devise a plan of attack and follow through with it. If you have ever tried to live the bodybuilding lifestyle 100% then you know it is hard. A lot of sacrifices have to be made, but in the end it always seems worth it. It is a matter of keeping a clear vision of what you want to achieve and not letting anything stand in your path.

Here are my current weak areas that I think I need to improve upon.

*Sticking to my diet without fail. Piles of veggies aren't the most enjoyable things sometimes, but they will help me reach my goals.
*Maintaining a constant day-to-day schedule. Right now I am kind of all over the place, but there is absolutely no excuse for that.
*Getting 8-9 hours of sleep on a nightly basis.
*Drinking enough water. I do okay most of the time, but my new goal is two gallons a day.
*Losing focus during cardio or skipping it all together! I need to treat cardio with the same focus a weight training session would recieve, and skipping a session will definitely not help me lose excess bodyfat.
*Being prepared with meals when I am out with friends.
*Spending time each day to reflect upon my goals and what I want to accomplish.
*Mentally preparing myself for workouts. I need to really get "in the zone" before I even pick up a weight.

These are just a few areas that from here on out I want improve in. I want to see what I am truly capable of. There is always a higher level.
Old 10-05-2004, 01:39 AM
Tanuki is back!
Middleweight

Monday, Oct. 4th- Shoulders and traps
Seated DB presses 1 X 3 @ 80, 1 X 4 @ 75
Side lateral raises 1 X 6 @ 35, 1 X 5 @ 35
Bent-over rear lateral raises 1 X 6 @ 50, 1 X 6 @ 52.5
BB shrugs 2 X 6 @ 275
DB shrugs 1 X 6 @ 100
Upright rows 1 X 3 @ 100 (not including bar)

Eh, not a very good one today. My strength was down quite a bit from where I was before my week off. I was almost ready for 90's on the seated presses and here 80's were too heavy. I will get back to where I was and beyond though! Laterals went down a bit two. Shrugs felt too light. BB shrugs kinda tick me off because little Tanuki always gets in the away, if you know what I mean. I am afraid of hurting him with the bar. Went a bit too heavy on upright rows.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:49 AM
Tanuki is back!
Middleweight

Man, you punks sure let me journal slide...all the way back to page 3!? *cries*

Tuesday, Oct 5th- Legs
Squats 1 X 6 @ 225, 1 X 4 @ 235 (I perform these going down as deep as humanly possible.)
Leg presses 1 X 6 @ 12 45-pound plates, 1 X 5 @ 14 plates
BB lunges 1 X 6 @ 155
SLDL 1 X 6 @ 205
GHG 1 X 6 @ bodyweight, 1 X 5 @ 25

A so-so workout today, definitely better than yesterdays, but I know I am capable of much heavier poundages. I think I need to get a steady training partner if I really want to get the most out of my training. I was bit disappointed with squats, I think I didn't rest adequately before my second set. I think I am going to scrap lunges in favor of more squats and leg presses, I just find them much to awkward. I did another, heavier set of SLDL that aren't listed, but they didn't feel good.
Closed Thread