Absolute Arkades, Simply the Best of - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 04:08 PM
Arkades should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: Torn Between Splits

Alrite. I think number one would rock too. Yeah, I'm definatly going with that one.

I hereby declear the following as my current split:

<font color="blue">mon: tris/bis/forearms
tue: legs
wed: front-delts/side-delts
thu: abs/calves
fri: chest
sat: back/traps/rear-delts
sun: off</font>

<font color="black">I usually did traps with delts on wednesday, but I'm gonna try blasting them with back on saturdays, just to see how it works. Ok, so I'm back in biz tomorrow, take a peek if you wanna!</font>
Old 09-27-2004, 03:07 AM
LegendaryWatcher should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Good choice Arkades. I believe this split will work wonders for your training. If you feel rear delts are lacking on Saturday's workout after back/traps, remove them and just hit them on Wednesday. In fact that is what I would do because back is really going to take it out of you and by the time you finish traps you're going to be wasted.
Old 09-27-2004, 03:29 AM
Middleweight

Okay, I'll do that.

<font color="blue">mon: tris/bis/forearms
tue: legs
wed: delts
thu: abs/calves
fri: chest
sat: back/traps
sun: off</font>

I'm really looking forward to todays arm workout. I'm going to totally perforate my biceps. Stay tuned. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2004, 03:46 AM
getnbgr should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

Look forward to seeing your progress bro... hit it hard...

http://www.tag-board.com/smilies/bowl.gif

********** getnbgr's Training Journal **********
Old 09-27-2004, 02:35 PM
Middleweight

Default Gunfire

[ QUOTE ]
Look forward to seeing your progress bro... hit it hard...

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks man!

I wont be posting weights today. I'm gonna try to fix my old printer, and make workout sheets that allow recording weights/reps quicklier, and in a more systematic way than just putting them down with a pen along the way. I tried the pen thing today, didn't work out too well, got kinda lost in the numbers and stuff. I'll see if I can fix it tonite or tomorrow.

<font color="red">Monday - Biceps/Triceps/Forearms:
</font>

<font color="blue">Barbell Curls: 3 sets, 8-12 reps, double drops, 30 sec flex - 10 sec pause - 30 sec flex each set.

Dumbell Concentration Curls: 3 sets, 8 reps, 8 negatives each set.

Hammer Curls: 6 sets, 8-12 reps each set.

Closegrip Benchpress: 3 sets, 6-8 reps, 10 sec peak at last rep each set.

Skullies: 3 sets, utilizing a 12,8,6 rep scheme.

Cable Pressdowns SS w/ Dumbell French Presses: 3 sets, 6-8 reps each set.

Behind the Back Wrist Curls SS w/ Dumbell Static Holds: 1 set, 25 reps, 60 seconds, 30 sec flex.

Reverse Cable Wrist Curls: 2 sets, 1st 50 reps, 2nd 30 reps.</font>

<font color="black">All credit for the concentration curls go to LW, that was awesome stuff bro, thanks. Had some trouble shaking my PWO shake after this one. Also, I attempted to flex my triceps after that last set of french presses, but no good [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Pretty good workout, pretty satisfied with the closegrip benchpress. Anyways, I'll be trying to get that old printer of mine working. I really wanna record weights and reps aswell, so that I can see my progress in strength aswell.
Awrite, thanks for stopping by.</font>
Old 09-28-2004, 02:29 AM
Olympia Contender

Default Re: Gunfire

Great workout Arkades and excellent volume. Awesome flexing bro and I am liking the way you are keeping your journal. I can't wait to see some of those weights and good luck fixing your printer.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:57 AM
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
Great workout Arkades and excellent volume. Awesome flexing bro and I am liking the way you are keeping your journal. I can't wait to see some of those weights and good luck fixing your printer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks man, feels good to have DOMS in my biceps again, been a while. I also have DOMS in my left glute for some reason, hope it wont affect todays leg workout in any way.
I'mma go fix that printer right now.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:08 AM
Olympia Contender

DOMS in your left glute eh? Yeah, I've been having an issue with my left glute/hammie tie in lately myself. Do you know how to stretch it? What I like to do is put it up on my staircase railing, which is abour waist high, lie my leg on there so it is crossed in front of me. I then lean over and kiss my shin with my face. A really good backside stretch.

Dude, you got biceps DOMS. Must be nice. I get a hella pump during workout and it just fades as the day progresses. I haven't had good BIDOMS in a while now, then again, I have been at it for almost 11 weeks straight too.

You go printer repair man, you go!!
Old 09-28-2004, 04:23 AM
Middleweight

I'm gonna give that stretching exercise a go today. Can't stand those glute DOMS the day after leg day.
As for the DOMS in my biceps, they'll prolly be gone in half a day. I never get to keep them for long.
The printer didn't work, I dunno why. It only has two buttons, one to turn if on, and another one that does absolutely nothing but glow orange. I will find a way to record my weights/reps though, don't worry.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:36 AM
Olympia Contender

I just write my workouts on a little notepad and manually write everything out. Yeah, it may be a pain, but I do it inbetween every set. You can do it bro, it's all good.

As for the stretch, you can also sit on the floor cross legged and bring that leg up to your chest. Grab your foot with one hand and your knee with the other and bring your shin up to your chest. That is the same stretch just you're doing it when you're sitting down.
Closed Thread