KC911 - Comments Welcome - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 10:05 AM
KC911 should change his/her status!

Default KC911 - Comments Welcome

Yesterday was my birthday.(46 isn't really old you know [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ).

My present to myself was reaching my first goal! At some time after beginning workouts just to get into better shape, I said I would gain 15 pounds by my birthday. I studied the info here on bulking. On June 28th I weighed 147. On Aug 22, the day before my birthday, I weighed 162.

I actually have a shape other than "beanpole". For the first time in my life, my legs aren't "popsickle sticks" and my biceps are larger than my forearms, lol.

A reply to my introductory post was to start a journal. Well, in the evolution (no, I'm not an Evolutionist [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] )of my bodybuilding, I've decided to jot some sort of record here that I can reference to keep myself motivated and see how I've progressed. Not necessarily all the details of each of my workouts, but a general overview of this, my diet, etc.

More to come...Got to go for now,
KC
Old 08-24-2004, 10:55 AM
respa should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Default Re: KC911

Happy belated BD. Congrats on reaching your goal. Just stick to it and you can achieve anything you want.

<font color="green">Some people dream of being big... while others wake up and work hard at it. I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.</font>

My Journal
Old 08-24-2004, 11:32 AM
vealboy should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

KC911,
Happy Belated Bday!

Great decision to start a journal, looking forward to reading about your progress!
EVIL CONSERVATIVES!
Homestar Runner
Old 08-24-2004, 11:35 AM
AndDueRue should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Happy Belated B-day [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2004, 08:16 AM

<font color="blue">My First Split </font>
If you remember, I began working out to kill an hour while my daughter was in a Fit Kids Program at the YMCA. I really liked it. This led to my bodybuilding. The noob gains fueled it all the more. Now I'm accused of having become obsessed.
Anyway, I've done a total body program every third day over the past two months. Last night I went to concentrate only on my legs. Supersetted Leg Press with Leg Extensions, slow and controlled.
Leg Press 10,8,8,6 @200 and Extensions 8,8,8,6 @65
rested a few minutes
Leg Press 8,8, @160 and Extensions 8,5 @50

Followed it up with 2 sets Standing Calf 10x200

On the way home I sure was wishing my car didn't have a clutch!

Oh well, time to eat again, Yuk. I hate eating.

KC
Old 08-25-2004, 08:19 AM

PS:
Sorry, I meant to thank you for the Birthday Wishes. I'm getting younger every day!
Old 08-25-2004, 09:03 AM
vealboy should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] WHAT??? Do my eyes deceive me? I read this and I did a combination of spitting out my oats in horror, and trying to still swallow them with out choking. I don't think I have ever seen this statement in writing.

KC911 - Don't think of eating as a chore, think of it as a way to refuel your muscles, and to fill out your 'beanpole' physique. (If I may use your words)
EVIL CONSERVATIVES!
Homestar Runner
Old 08-25-2004, 10:57 AM
respa should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] WHAT??? Do my eyes deceive me? I read this and I did a combination of spitting out my oats in horror, and trying to still swallow them with out choking. I don't think I have ever seen this statement in writing.

KC911 - Don't think of eating as a chore, think of it as a way to refuel your muscles, and to fill out your 'beanpole' physique. (If I may use your words)

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I look at food as fuel for my muscles and body. You have to put the right kind of fuel in the tank so the machine works properly.

<font color="green">Some people dream of being big... while others wake up and work hard at it. I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.</font>

My Journal
Old 08-25-2004, 01:26 PM

[quote I read this and I did a combination of spitting out my oats in horror, and trying to still swallow them with out choking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's a funny visual! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

You guys are quite right. I eat with the same determination that I lift. But sometimes I think it'd be easier to bust a gut forcing one more rep than trying to swallow another mouthful of food. Never been much of an eater. All my life I've drank soda all day, eaten a few hundred calories in the afternoon and then maybe 500 more at night and then maybe a bowl of cereal before bed. Always good foods tho, low-fat and little meat. So 3000 cals a day is a big change for me!
Old 08-25-2004, 07:37 PM

<font color="blue">My First Split-Part II </font>

OK, having done legs last night, I had beacoups of energy for my upper body workout today. Even went into overtime.
Bombed my chest, back, arms and abs. It hurts so good!

Off tomorrow to work a 24hr shift. I sure hope it's an easy one.......
Closed Thread