Chronicles of the Meatless Muscle Vol. 2 --- Syd's Journal - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 12:59 AM
OUTLAW20SICX should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

Default Re: Chronicles of the Meatless Muscle Vol. 2 --- Syd\'s Journal

hey syds. glad u started the journal again. good workout
and princess diaries, u gotta be kindin, a vs p was way better, although i never seen princess diaries. well i saw the first one cause i was forced to, cause apparently its "cute". oh well

"I see little people"
Old 08-19-2004, 01:19 AM
WatchTheHands should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Good to have ya back, Syds. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] And you have my condolences on your Genny passing on. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I can also safely say I've never, ever heard of any of the bands you're listening to... alas. Workouts are also looking great, even with the color-coordinated rubber bands of doom you're using. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Keep it up!

http://www.wtep.org/WTEPdata/Images/...0.01.18.46.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...anandron98.jpg
Ron Thal (Cartman shirt, needs a shower) and myself (flannel, needs a shower AND a haircut) in Nice, France; 1998 tour.
Old 08-19-2004, 03:16 AM
LegendaryWatcher should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

[ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue">Music Trained To: Antidote - Fight or Flight</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple"> [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]Oh yeah, I've heard of that one [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] </font>

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="purple">Sprinting</font>
<font color="blue">Various starting/take-offs used.</font>
sprint 6 seconds (~60m), rest ~20 seconds, repeat for 18 minutes

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="brown"> Very nicely done Syds. That's a mighty fast paced sprint session you busted out. 18 minutes worth of torture at 20 second rest intervals.....way awesome [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] </font>

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'll hop on the bandwagon with the cool people listing the music trained to, if I can remember from here on out. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue">Yea!!!! Just what kind of weird Friendwoodian music is going to pop up in this journal? Ought to be very interesting indeedy [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

[ QUOTE ]
Yesterday afternoon I had to carry like thirty pounds of textbooks from the school bookstore to my car, which was out in Timbucktoo. You can count that as a forearm workout I guess. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] They kill ya with books though. Man. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue">Whoa [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] That's a ton of books! Totally outrageous and what a waste of trees. Books, schooks, who reads them anyways...oh yeah.... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] </font>
Old 08-19-2004, 08:00 AM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

hey Syd, what are Split Squats?
Old 08-19-2004, 11:12 AM
Syddles should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
and princess diaries, u gotta be kindin, a vs p was way better, although i never seen princess diaries. well i saw the first one cause i was forced to, cause apparently its "cute". oh well

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. It is cute! But not little bunny foo-foo cute. More like, birthday cake cute. The second is better than the first though, IMO.

[ QUOTE ]
I can also safely say I've never, ever heard of any of the bands you're listening to... alas.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! I listen to stuff that no one listens to, ever. XD

Elbow is an indie band I guess, seeing as that's its own genre now. Elbow's music is kinda bittersweet and reminds me somewhat of Radiohead with some elements from Coldplay, but Elbow is better IMO. My favourite songs are "Fallen Angel", "Fugitive Motel", "Grace Under Pressure", and "Red". I have both CDs, but IMO anything from the "Cast of Thousands" CD is great.

Antidote is a Christian techno/electronic duet. Now, if you look into them, be weary the people I'm talking about are REALLY hard to find. Be aware there're two bands (so it seems when I searched on SoulSeek) with the name Antidote, in addition to Antidote being a part of/the name of several albums by other artists. And... that crap is so opposite of Christian. You need to look for the albums "Fight or Flight", "Forget Yourself", "Forgive All", and "What Mountain?". I gave up looking to download the mp3s and just got a couple of CDs from a Christian music store out here. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Workouts are also looking great, even with the color-coordinated rubber bands of doom you're using. Keep it up!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Dan! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, I've heard of that one

[/ QUOTE ]

Tch, only 'cause I mentioned them to you. Cheater. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
hey Syd, what are Split Squats?

[/ QUOTE ]

They are similar to stationary lunges. But they are not a lunge as they involve no foot movement. Basically you stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and step forward with one foot, so your feet are staggered and you lower yourself in that position; don't let your knees bend past your toes, keep your back straight, head and chest up, etc.

Unlike the stationary lunge, you don't come back to where your feet are shoulder-width, which is why this isn't a lunge. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Just get your feet in the staggered position and perform your reps that way. Really focus on pushing up with the heel of the lead leg like a squat. I like them because they are useful for balancing out strength imbalances in the legs and you get a good hip flexor and gentle quad stretch in the rear leg if you're doing it right.

You can make it harder and engage the core by raising your arms to raise your centre of gravity (even holding the weight above your head will make it much more difficult). You can also place your rear foot on a swiss ball or elevate it on a bench. The front foot can be put on an airex pad or those little poofy disc-whatchamacallits.

If you want to make the movement plyometric, you can use explosive power to jump as you are coming up whilst switching legs and land using the leg as shock absorbers (squat jumps in plyometrics). Or you can switch leg positions at the height of the jump; but the front leg goes forward and up like you're clearing a hurdle. And you land and repeat the jump (these are split legs in plyos). Scissor jumps in plyos are the same as split legs, but not so much in a running action as the split legs. You jump vertically as high as possible with the legs straight and you switch the legs like a scissor at the height of the jump. You can increase the explosiveness using arm swings, too. I'd be weary doing any plyos with leg injuries, though. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2004, 11:18 AM
goldmill should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Good to see you back at it!
Old 08-19-2004, 03:57 PM
NutMeg is sleepy
Mr. Universe

I'm making my dad go with me to see PD2, he bought me the special edition first one on VHS with a little hair clip/crown thing...

and go for a shoulder bag... my traps be humongous with my work bag filled with that kinda stuff that I lug around all over
Old 08-19-2004, 10:46 PM
RuthRose should change his/her status!
Rookie

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Rose, welcome to ABC!

Best of luck to you, girl. Do you have any specific goals you'd like to share?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for stopping by and the welcome.

I meant to write down some goals when I first opened the journal but somehow didn't get to it. Thanks for the reminder. I am having a very busy day so probably won't get to that until tomorrow afternoon. This is an awesome site with tons of good information and very helpful people. I am glad I found you folks!
Old 08-20-2004, 08:45 AM
LegendaryWatcher should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Crazy unheard of bands, wicked explanations for the wackiest exercises, 50 names for your calf muscles, and a bunch of colorful, happy, smiley posts, why wouldn't I come in here just to come in here?

Syds, dude, what's the haps down there in the Southern portion of the big T? Just imagine if you were here now it is only 50 degrees...oooohhhhoooo...LMAO!! Got down to 40 something last night. Kinda chilly.

Well, today's Friday..yeeeheee, and I have no homework besides brainstorming a paper I must write. Dig it!
Old 08-21-2004, 08:06 AM
RGKfit should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Nice to see you back syddles [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

2/06/05...Added 4 new pics of my bulk, any comments welcome
Pics of beginning bulk May 22
Closed Thread