SouthernIce's Training Journal--gettin outta the "200 lb" club!--comments welcome - Page 3 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 10:50 AM
SouthernIcedTea should change his/her status!

Default WEDNESDAY 9/1 NUTRITION

MEAL 1--10:30 AM
Scrambled eggs on wheat tortillas (2 SMALL)
1 glass orange juice
1 glass water

MEAL 2--12:30 PM
protein shake w/ skim milk

MEAL 3--3:30 PM
-1 to 2 turkey patties.
-1 serving black beans
-1 serving mashed potatoes (if im still hungry)

MEAL 4--6 PM
Protein shake

MEAL 5--8:30PM
-1 to 2 turkey patties.
-1 serving black beans
-1 serving mashed potatoes (if im still hungry)

MEAL 6
-PROTEIN SHAKE

PWO SHAKE--2AM.

BED AT 2 AM
<font color="red">BODY FOR LIFE-(a foundation)</font>--IF YOU DONT WORK ON IT FOR LIFE--THEN DID YOU REALLY DO IT? It's a journey where success is measured by what you gain, not by what you lose. . .It's not about weight loss. . .Its about gaining enery, increasing strenth, renewing health AND decreasing body fat. . .its about gaining muscle, gaining self respect, self-awareness, . . self trust. . .self esteem. Gaining control of your life!"
<font color="red">MY REASONS</font>live healthier, feel better physically, mentally, emotionally, learn to be proactive (plan) instead of reactive, build endurance, a *stronger back*, organize better, a clearer mind, more energy, lose fat, better fitting clothes, self trust-- learning to fullfil promises to my self, for good habits to pass on to my family & children (when i have them). . most of all--inspire others and SHOW THEM--IT CAN BE DONE!
<font color="red">CURRENT STATS</font>
Female/Height:5ft.3in Weight:218 Body fat: 32% Neck:15in Chest: 48in Biceps: 16in Waist: 40in Hips: 46in Upper thigh: 26in Calves:16in
<font color="green">"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--Philippians 4:13
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."-- Hebrews 11:1
</font>

Old 09-04-2004, 08:47 PM
RuthRose should change his/her status!
Rookie

Default Re: WEDNESDAY 9/1 NUTRITION

Hi Tea,

Just got done reading your journal... You are really a hard worker!

Gotta a question... Are you doing the BFL meal plan? Looks alot different than some of the other meals I see others post.

Keep up the good work.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:11 AM

Default my meal plan

hmm I'm wondering if i've veered away from the plan without realizing it? Can you help me see what's different?

I do try to follow body for life's meal plan as far as. . .
I try to make sure i get 1 to 2 servings of protein, and 1 serving of "good carb" 6 times a day. I try to fit in a vegetable twice a day. . but i usually fall short there. I have to get better at that!

Now, I am single . . and if i try to cook different meals for my self through out the day for variety's sake. . . , I have left overs that i never seem to be able to get back to before it goes bad. So i Cook 4-6 servings of one meal, and eat off it a day or two till its all gone. It helps with time two.

On a good week, where i've planned meals in advance. . . i cook two meals at once (3 or 4 servings ) and eat off em a couple of days, and i only have to cook every other day.

a lot of times i really don't care what the meal is . . or what it taste like as long as it has protein &amp; carb balanced. . . . that's how i discovered tuna and mexicorn salad!. . . one day i was in a hurry, looked in the cabinet. . say tuna (protein), corn (carbs. . not the best carb, but i was in a hurry). . dumped them in a bowl, and ran. . . while eating in the car. . . i was like wow. . if this had just a little fat free mayo or something. .. and some Sazon it would be .. THE BOMB!!

but usually when i dont plan, and im on the run like that. . i eat hooooorribly.

another nutritional challenge for me. . . My job is known in town for its gourmet chocolate chip cookies . . . many people buy them across the united states. . . especially in our town. . and well. . my job feels compelled to but trays upon trays of them EVERYWhere for employees to eat all day from 9am to 12 pm.

They smell so good its the worse temptation ever . . .especially since the trays are all over the office. . its easy to form a habit of picking up a cookie everytimeyou pass a tray. . uggg. . im dreading Tomorrow and the battle of wills.
<font color="red">BODY FOR LIFE-(a foundation)</font>--IF YOU DONT WORK ON IT FOR LIFE--THEN DID YOU REALLY DO IT? It's a journey where success is measured by what you gain, not by what you lose. . .It's not about weight loss. . .Its about gaining enery, increasing strenth, renewing health AND decreasing body fat. . .its about gaining muscle, gaining self respect, self-awareness, . . self trust. . .self esteem. Gaining control of your life!"
<font color="red">MY REASONS</font>live healthier, feel better physically, mentally, emotionally, learn to be proactive (plan) instead of reactive, build endurance, a *stronger back*, organize better, a clearer mind, more energy, lose fat, better fitting clothes, self trust-- learning to fullfil promises to my self, for good habits to pass on to my family & children (when i have them). . most of all--inspire others and SHOW THEM--IT CAN BE DONE!
Female/Height:5ft.3in Weight:218 Body fat: 32% Neck:15in Chest: 48in Biceps: 16in Waist: 40in Hips: 46in Upper thigh: 26in Calves:16in
<font color="green">"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--Philippians 4:13
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."-- Hebrews 11:1
</font>

Old 09-05-2004, 09:48 AM

Default My Work out Plan 9/6/04-9-12-04

<font color="red">MONDAY--9/6/04</font>
I couldnt get to the gym.. go figure.. they are closed on labor day [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] oh well, just means today was my free day. and i'll be working out tues--sunday this week.

<font color="red">TUESDAY--9/7/04</font>
LEG DAY (QUAD AND HAMSTRING SHOCK)
<font color="red"> im starting to get aggrevated--if its not one thing its another. Tuesday morning i took a walk around the neighborhood for abot 30 minutes. . but it doesnt look like leg day is gonna happen today. . . i dont have a ride to the gym. . . so im at the mercy of other people's kindness. . and it's a little short notice to start arranging. . . so a walk it was.</font>

<font color="red">WEDNESDAY 9/8/04</font>
CALVES/ABS &amp; CARDIO
<font color="red"> took another short walk only did about 20 minutes here. . .did abs while watching tv in my room. . . still no ride to the gym. .</font>

<font color="red">THURSDAY 9/9/04</font>
UPPER BODY—CHEST/BACK (HIGH DEF) &amp; BICEPS/TRICEPS (SHOCK)
<font color="red">FINALLY GOT my butt to the gym!!!! Post poned upperbody for a much needed leg work out. . here is what i did. Upper body will be done tomorrow . . and Legs again on SUNDAY!. . i will have my car back Tomorrow!!yeah. . </font>

set 1--2 sets each exercise[
QUAD: 30’s (10 rep up, 10 rep mid, 10 rep low) on leg press--60 lb
HAM: seated leg curl--45 lb 3x15

set 2 2x15
QUAD: Hack Squat 100 lbs
HAM Dead lift--45 lb bar

set 3 2x15
QUAD: Leg ext
HAM: Leg curl

set 4 3210
Barbell step ups (4 sets of 10 reps each leg)

<font color="red">FRIDAY 9/10/04</font>
UPPER BODY
<font color="red"> this was supposed to be leg day again. . but im doing upper body . . with a bicep tricep kill.</font>

Set 1--4x15
CHEST: Lying dumbbell press (change angle w/ each set)
BACK: Dual dumbbell row

Set 2—4x15
CHEST: Hammer Press
BACK: seated Rows

BICEPS &amp; TRICEPS
Set 1--4x15

BICEPS: 3 grip barbell curls
TRICEPS: Lying EZ bar French press

Set 2—3x15
BICEPS: Cable curls
TRICEPS: Cable press down

Set 3--3x15
BICEPS: Palm up varied incline curls (incline changes w/each set)
TRICEPS: Isolated kick backs

Set 4—3x15
BICEPS: Hammer curls______lbs
TRICEPS: dips

<font color="red"> SATURDAY 9/11/04</font>
CALVES/ABS &amp; CARDIO

Set 1--3x20
ABS Medicine ball crunches, 1LB BALL-- (arms and legs come up together, &amp; go down together passing the ball hand to feet with each crunch)
CALVES: Standing Calve raises __________lbs.

Set 2--3x15
ABS: Planks (3 sets of 10 @ 20 seconds each)
CALVES: Donkey Calf raise___________lbs

Set 3—4x25
ABS: Leg raises
CALVES: Seated calf raise _______lbs

HIIT CARDIO
bike 5 minute warm up cycle
(level per min 1,2,1,2,1--then, rest 1 min)*levels on the bike (not exertion)
** less than 10 minute moving from bike to treadmill**
Treadmill (20 minute HIIT)
bicycle for 10 minute--2 5 minute cycles!

<font color="red">SUNDAY 9/12/04--LEGS-WIDTH EMPHASIS</font>

LEG DAY (width emphasis)[/b]

set 1--2x20 warm up
QUAD: light leg extension
HAM: light leg curl

set 2 4x15
___Side lunges (15 each leg)
___ Unilateral Leg press (wide stance)
___Wide leg sissy squat (no weight)

set 3 3x15
___Smith machine wide leg Squat for 15___________ lbs
___ Lunge from the smith machine to the lying leg curl machine (6 steps each leg in my gym)
___Lying Leg curls for 15
___Lunge back to the smith machine
___Smith machine wide leg squat for 15!
***this is a super duper superset. Meaning no rest from one activity to the next. All steps together make 1 set. Complete the steps 4 times. With 1 to 2 minute rest between the sets****

set 4 4x15
___Adductor machine
___Abductor machine

[b]<font color="purple"> THOUGHT FOR MY WEEK: When adversity strikes, don't give up! Overcoming adversity is what life is all about. When an obstacle or challenge presents itself in life, it's easy to renegotiate little things in life, eating, work out,--it's easy to say "I'll get to it later.". . .Yet often enough, I find when i start renegotiating my plan, my goals. . .my work outs, i start letting go of small parts of my life. . . i start letting go of life.. . Life to me is about taking negatives and making them postitive, overcoming adversity, and succeeding no matter what! So this is my week's mantra!
</font>

Old 09-06-2004, 09:18 AM

Default NUTRITION--MONDAY 9/6/04

1/2 cup brown rice
2 eggs over easy/2 egg whites extra
1 full glass of water with a squeeze of lemon

MEAL 2--1PM
-1/2 cup brown rice
-1/2 cup stewed tomatoes
** no protein i know. . . i slept late . . and didnt get a chance to cook good quality protein. .im gonna pay for it today. . .

MEAL 3--4PM
1 1/2 CUP OF COTTAGE CHEESE &amp; JELLO MIXED W/PINAPPLE CHUNKS

MEAL 4--6:30PM
-1/2 cup brown rice
-1/2 cup stewed tomatoes

MEAL 5--9:30PM
1 1/2 CUP OF COTTAGE CHEESE &amp; JELLO MIXED W/PINAPPLE CHUNKS

MEAL 6--12:30 AM

--scrambled eggs (2 whole egges, 3 whites)
-1/2 cup brown rice with it. ..
i know i shouldnt have done this this late. . but i went to bed at 2:30 am. .

protein really lacked here.. i know. i'll do better tuesday!!
</font>

Old 09-06-2004, 09:55 AM
RuthRose should change his/her status!
Rookie

Default Re: my meal plan

[ QUOTE ]
hmm I'm wondering if i've veered away from the plan without realizing it? Can you help me see what's different?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what the BFL plan is. Which is why I asked. If the diet is working for you please don't change on my account!! I am just curious as I am in process of cleaning up my diet and was looking at others journals to get ideas.

How is your progress been on this diet?

[ QUOTE ]

but usually when i dont plan, and im on the run like that. . i eat hooooorribly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean there! Even if you think you got it down. I have discovered you still need to write it down otherwise you can end up wayyyyyyyy off plan without even realizing it!

Have a good day!
Old 09-06-2004, 10:34 AM

Default Re: my meal plan

i eat lots of strange combinations. . . as long as there is protein, and "good carb" balanced. . i feel im on the bfl plan.

I find sometimes i dont eat as many calories as i should. . but i get a lot of my ideas from the Eating for life book. . and others . .just kind of happened.
but i will continue to post my meals .

the diet. . i think works. . i lose weight.. i don't know if i can attribute it to the diet, the work out or both. . i know that when my nutrition is off. . i plataeu
</font>

Old 09-07-2004, 11:37 AM

Default NUTRITON--Tuesday 9/7/04

NOT WORKING OUT TODAY UNTIL 12:30 AM AFTER WORK.

3 eggs over easy( i shouldnt have ate the third whole egg)
over
1 cup brown rice
1 full glass of water

MEAL 2--1:30 PM
1 FULL GLASS WATER
1 CUP BROWN RICE
1 PIEC OF BAKED CHICKEN
1/4 CUP CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP TO TOP RICE AND CHICKEN

MEAL 3--4PM
1 TO 1 &amp; 1/2 CUP COTTAGE CHEESE AND SUGAR FREE JELLO MIXED
1 FULL GLASS WATER

MEAL 4 7PM
1 FULL GLASS WATER
1 CUP BROWN RICE
1 PIEC OF BAKED CHICKEN
1/4 CUP CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP TO TOP RICE AND CHICKEN

MEAL 5--10PM
MORE JELLO, COTTAGE CHEESE

MEAL 6--12:30 AM
PROTEIN SHAKE BEFORE GYM

PWO SHAKE 2 AM. . THEN BED. .
</font>

Old 09-13-2004, 12:01 PM

Default A new Week.. after a questionable weekend

so i've been pressured into entering a 5K race.. . i've got a month to prepare. .

I will now be running every morning. 2 days on 1 day off, for the next month. . .

still weight lifting Mon/wed/Fri. .. but i will be doing it at night after work. .. . about 12:30 am. . . that gives about a 8 to 10 hour time period between running and lifting. . .

i just hope my health stands up. lots of freaky stuff going on with my health lately. .. mostly allergies. . its crazy how allergies put you outta commission though
</font>

Old 09-15-2004, 10:36 AM

Default back on track it looks like

I did pretty good in the gym last week.. and the week before.. . i went light. . 2 sets of everything. .to ease back into things. . .

yesterday i went full strenght 3 sets on everything. . .

have yet to start the track. I plan to go today after work. .. start getting ready for this 5 k thing. i just want to be able to jog run the whole thing. . no walking. . . otherwise. .i dont care if i win. .. i will have one to myself. .cause its something i've never done before. .

the race.. &amp; jogging/running 3 miles w/o stopping.
</font>

Closed Thread