SouthernIce's Training Journal--gettin outta the "200 lb" club!--comments welcome - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 01:36 AM
SouthernIcedTea should change his/her status!

Default THURSDAY--CARDIO AND ABS!

ok. . so i had a good week over all i think. Saturday, i had an alergic reaction to shrip (i think, since its the only think i've eaten differntly lately) and had hives and a rash Sat, Sun & Monday. so. . . i let this be my reason for not working out.

Yesterday and tonight.. well i dont have an excuse. I've been organizing things around the house, and keep finding things that seem better to do. . .cleaning, organizing, reorganizing, mending. .i even did some spray painting. . .

but now i have to recognize what im doing--neglecting a very importan part of my life. Health. So here's my plan for tomorrow

WARM UP
Elyptical (20 min lv. 5)
Stretch (10 minutes)

ABS
Set 1--3x20
ABS Medicine ball crunches, 1LB BALL-- (arms and legs come up together, & go down toghether passing the ball hand to feet with each crunch)

Set 2--3x15
ABS: Planks (3 sets of 10 @ 20 seconds each)

Set 3—4x25
ABS: Leg raises

HIIT CARDIO
bike 5 minute warm up cycle
(level per min 1,2,1,2,1--then, rest 1 min)*levels on the bike (not exersion)
** less than 10 minute moving from bike to treadmill**

Treadmill (20 minute HIIT)
Level intensity per minute
Min 1/lvl 5 (4.0 mph—a slow jog)
Min 2/lvl 9 (6.0 mph—im going as fast as my little legs can go)
Min 3/lvl 8 (5.5 mph—a fast run)
Min 4/lvl 7 (5.0 mph—a run)
Min 5/lvl 6 (4.5 mph—a jog)
Min 6/lvl 5 (4.0 mph—a slow jog)
Min 7/lvl 4) (3.5 mph—a brisk walk to catch breath)
Min 8/lvl 5 (4.0 mph—a slow jog)
Min 9/lvl 6 (4.5 mph—a jog)
Min 10/lvl 7 (5.0 mph—a run)
Min 11/lvl 8 (5.5 mph—a fast run)
Min 12/lvl 9 (6.0 mph—im going as fast as my little legs can go)
Min 13/lvl 4) (3.5 mph—a brisk walk to catch breath)
Min 14/lvl 9 (6.0 mph—im going as fast as my little legs can go)
Min 15/lvl 8 (5.5 mph—a fast run)
Min 16/lvl 7 (5.0 mph—a run)
Min 17/lvl 6 (4.5 mph—a jog)
Min 18/lvl 5 (4.0 mph—a slow jog)
Min 19/lvl 4) (3.5 mph—a brisk walk to catch breath)
Min 20/(6.0 mph—im going as fast as my little legs can go)
**And cool down a minute or two**

bike 10 minutes
Cycle 1-(level per min 1,2,3,2,1--then, rest 1 min)*levels on the bike (not exersion)
Cycle 2--(level per min 2,3,4,3,2--then, rest 1 min

** i have read over tips given. Thanx guys for checking out my work out. I've decided to cut cardio out of leg days. and split cardio on upper body days. Cardio in the morning 10 to 11am. .. weight lifting after work 12:30 to 2am.
<font color="red">BODY FOR LIFE-(a foundation)</font>--IF YOU DONT WORK ON IT FOR LIFE--THEN DID YOU REALLY DO IT? It's a journey where success is measured by what you gain, not by what you lose. . .It's not about weight loss. . .Its about gaining enery, increasing strenth, renewing health AND decreasing body fat. . .its about gaining muscle, gaining self respect, self-awareness, . . self trust. . .self esteem. Gaining control of your life!"
<font color="red">MY REASONS</font>live healthier, feel better physically, mentally, emotionally, learn to be proactive (plan) instead of reactive, build endurance, a *stronger back*, organize better, a clearer mind, more energy, lose fat, better fitting clothes, self trust-- learning to fullfil promises to my self, for good habits to pass on to my family & children (when i have them). . most of all--inspire others and SHOW THEM--IT CAN BE DONE!
<font color="red">CURRENT STATS</font>
Female/Height:5ft.3in Weight:218 Body fat: 32% Neck:15in Chest: 48in Biceps: 16in Waist: 40in Hips: 46in Upper thigh: 26in Calves:16in
<font color="green">"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--Philippians 4:13
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."-- Hebrews 11:1
</font>

Old 08-23-2004, 09:20 AM

Default Starting the Cycle Over--Day 1--Mon-Upper body--Day 1

ok. . so for the past two weeks . . i've been hit and miss. I do well when i go the gym every day scheduled, and thrown off if i just miss a couple... its hard to get back in the swing.

This week my work schedule is gonna be craaaazy! but i'll work it out.. while i only worked out 3 times last week, instead of the scheduled 6, im quite proud that i also managed to play 3 hours of tennis (the first hour doesnt really count--cause i hadnt picked up a racket in 9 years, and it took an hour for me to remember my aim, and get consistent contact with the ball)

I also went Latin dancing Satruday night which was a good 2 hours of cardio--i was there longer, but i didnt count the times i had to sit down, cause my legs were on fire from doing 3 merengue songs back to back.. . Any way had a big fun weekend. . . that included lots of activty. and now im ready to hit the weights!

here's the plan for today:

DAY 1 UPPER BODY—CHEST/BACK &amp; BICEPS/TRICEPS
(HIGH DEFINITION ROUTINE)

12-noon before work--

WARM UP

Elyptical and 3lb weights (20 minutes)
Stretch (10 minutes)

CHEST &amp; BACK
Set 1--3x15
CHEST: Incline barbell press ______lbs
BACK: Bent over barbell rows_______lbs

Set 2—3x15
CHEST: Flat bench dumbbell press ______lbs
BACK: Bent over barbell rows_______lbs

Set 3--3x15
CHEST: Seated Press (machine) ______lbs
BACK: Reverse grip pulldown_______lbs

BICEPS &amp; TRICEPS
Set 1--3x15
BICEPS: Standing EZ bar curl ______lbs
TRICEPS: Close grip mid bench press_______lbs

Set 2—3x15
BICEPS: Dual dmbl. Hammer curl ______lbs
TRICEPS: Dual dmbl. Kickbacks_______lbs

Set 3--3x15
BICEPS: Incline curl palm up ______lbs
TRICEPS: Seated overhead dmbl. Press._______lbs

AFTER WORK 12:30 am--30 minute HIIT cardio

*** note the cardio here . is just warm up, very light. . i strongly believe in warming the muscles up and stretching thoroughly before giving them a pounding i did cut out directly after

]NUTRITION
Breakfast (11am) 5 eggs scrambled (2 w/yolk, 2 just whites)on wheat bread &amp; (cup of cottage cheese if im reeeeally hungry) &amp; atleast 16 oz of water

POST work out--(2pm)EAS protein shake, made with skim milk and couple drops of coconut flavor. --take vitiamins, l-glutamine, &amp; chromium---&amp; atleast 16 oz of water

Lunch--30 minutes after PWO shake--Baked chicken breast w/brown rice &amp; tomatoes &amp; atleast 16 oz of water

Mid Meal--(between 5 &amp; 6pm) Protein shake and cottage cheese (separately-- i read some of those cottage cheese shake ideas and was hoooorrrrified)

Dinner--(8:30pm)Baked chicken breast w/brown rice &amp; tomatoes &amp; atleast 16 oz of water &amp; atleast 16 oz of water

Last meal--11:30pm--Baked chicken breast w/brown rice &amp; tomatoes &amp; atleast 16 oz of water

im single. . so i dont cook something different each meal--i simply cook 3 or 4 servings of one thing and eat off it a day or so. . . call me lazy.. i think it saves time.

--tomorrow. . . i take it to the track!!! its shoulders/abs and 12 laps around. More details tomorrow morning. .gotta get started on today!

<font color="red">BODY FOR LIFE-(a foundation)</font>--IF YOU DONT WORK ON IT FOR LIFE--THEN DID YOU REALLY DO IT? It's a journey where success is measured by what you gain, not by what you lose. . .It's not about weight loss. . .Its about gaining enery, increasing strenth, renewing health AND decreasing body fat. . .its about gaining muscle, gaining self respect, self-awareness, . . self trust. . .self esteem. Gaining control of your life!"
<font color="red">MY REASONS</font>live healthier, feel better physically, mentally, emotionally, learn to be proactive (plan) instead of reactive, build endurance, a *stronger back*, organize better, a clearer mind, more energy, lose fat, better fitting clothes, self trust-- learning to fullfil promises to my self, for good habits to pass on to my family & children (when i have them). . most of all--inspire others and SHOW THEM--IT CAN BE DONE!
Female/Height:5ft.3in Weight:218 Body fat: 32% Neck:15in Chest: 48in Biceps: 16in Waist: 40in Hips: 46in Upper thigh: 26in Calves:16in
<font color="green">"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--Philippians 4:13
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."-- Hebrews 11:1
</font>

Old 08-23-2004, 10:33 AM
noodlejr should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: THURSDAY--CARDIO AND ABS!

[ QUOTE ]
** i have read over tips given. Thanx guys for checking out my work out. I've decided to cut cardio out of leg days. and split cardio on upper body days. Cardio in the morning 10 to 11am. .. weight lifting after work 12:30 to 2am.

[/ QUOTE ]

glad we could help out.......i think you will be impressed with the differences you see in the long run, so just keep it up! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

and get that meal plan posted for us to take a look at.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:33 AM

Default Dang it :(

<font color="green"> well im starting to get really discouraged with my body, lately. I havent been able to work out consistently because. . .i keep getting sick [img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] . Week before last i had sinus headaches from hell. Monday i started getting dizzy spells, and every time i took a deep breath i felt a dull pain down the left side of my neck, my chest across the collarbone, and my back. It came and went so made it through work came home and started icing down in case it was muscle related.

Yesterday, i woke up and the pain (still) dull was recurring and worried me, cause aside from allergies, im a usually healthy person and i've never felt anything like this. I tried to make it through work, but i was soo preoccupied with what my body was doing that i couldnt focus, so i left, and went to the doctor

Well you know doctors, i dont think he knows whats wrong, but they gave my a few shots in my butt, prescribed me some medicines to see what happens.. and if still happens after i work throught the meds.. we'll prolly try something else.

So im on muscle relaxants, allergy meds, and a steriod pack to reduce swelling in my chest and around my lungs (possibly allergy related. . everything usually is with me)

I didn't work out yesterday, cause i left work sick. This town is so small that if i even check my mail box everyone at work knows it, and people at my old job too. Its probably good that i didnt work out. But its definitly a no-no. My job's theory for absenteeism. . is if you arent dead or dying--you should be at work. My boss as been there 11 years and only missed 1 day. . .

anyway... depending on how i feel after work today. . im prolly just do a light work out, and prolly go light the rest of the week.

I feel like i should, must, be doing something. But i dont wnat to push, untill we know for sure what ever is going on with me is ok. . .otherwise i could do more damage than anything else

so im thinking on weights, im just gonna do 2 sets of everyting and light weight. . . and cardio will just be light.. no HIITs this week.

the good thing i guess is that i havent gained any weight during this time of trying to get back in my routine. . .. bad thing is. . it could be that im just losing muscle mass [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]</font>
</font>

Old 08-25-2004, 10:23 AM
vealboy should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Default Re: Dang it :(

Tea,
Just peeking in your journal. Looks like you have had a little hiccup in your routine. Don't get discouraged, the medical stuff will pass, and you will be back at it in no time. I admire your winning attitude, and I know soon you will be back in the saddle kickin' butt and taking names.
EVIL CONSERVATIVES!
Homestar Runner
Old 08-25-2004, 11:12 AM

k. . so i just read the info on the steroid pack my doctor put me on--methyipredisolone is used for.. and severe allergies is what i figure im using it for .. and respitory problems. . .

but under side effets it keeps talking about weight gain. . .now im cringing. .. i did not bust my but for half a year to start gaining weight agin. .. anyway. . maybe drinking lots and lots of fluid, and doing light cardio will help.

the rough part. . . and whats always hardest for me. . .Im gonna have to watch my intake really hard. . . during this time. . . no cheats . . . and im already craving chocolate
</font>

Old 08-25-2004, 12:23 PM
vealboy should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
under side effets it keeps talking about weight gain. . .now im cringing. .. i did not bust my but for half a year to start gaining weight agin.

[/ QUOTE ]I am sure it is just a temporary weight gain, right? Once you get off the meds, you will likely drop the weight. But I think you are right to increase your water and cardio.
EVIL CONSERVATIVES!
Homestar Runner
Old 08-30-2004, 06:27 PM

Default Ok. This week\'s Plan. 1 post for the week. Update as i go. Post meals daily

<font color="red">THIS WEEK'S PLAN </font>

DAY 1 UPPER BODY—CHEST/BACK &amp; BICEPS/TRICEPS
(HIGH DEFINITION ROUTINE)<font color="red"> I decided to go light. This is my first time hitting the weights, in about a week. I spent the last week doing track (lightly) due to sickness. and crazy steroid pack. . .i wanted to make sure not to overdo anything . . or hurt anything. . . so this week im doing the outlined workout, but just 2 sets and lighter weight. Call it a warm up. . i dunno.</font>

CHEST &amp; BACK
Set 1--3x15 <font color="red">2 sets</font>
CHEST: Incline barbell press <font color="red">bar</font>
BACK: Bent over barbell rows<font color="red">short bar</font>

Set 2—3x15<font color="red">2 sets</font>
CHEST: Flat bench dumbbell press <font color="red">15lb dmb's</font>
BACK: Bent over barbell rows<font color="red">short bar</font>

Set 3--3x15 <font color="red">2 sets</font>
CHEST: Seated Press (machine)<font color="red">70 lbs</font>
BACK: Reverse grip pulldown<font color="red">60 lbs</font>

BICEPS &amp; TRICEPS
Set 1--3x15<font color="red">2 sets</font>
BICEPS: Standing EZ bar curl <font color="red">30 lbs</font>
TRICEPS: Close grip mid bench press<font color="red">short bar</font>

Set 2—3x15<font color="red">2 sets</font>
BICEPS: Dual dmbl. Hammer curl <font color="red">15 lb db's</font>
TRICEPS: Dual dmbl. Kickbacks<font color="red">10 lb's</font>

Set 3--3x15<font color="red">2 sets</font>
BICEPS: Incline curl palm up <font color="red">10 lb db's</font>
TRICEPS: Seated overhead dmbl. Press <font color="red">15 lb dmbl</font>

DAY 2 ABS/SHOULDERS &amp; CARDIO
<font color="red"> It felt great to get back in the gym. A few of the hardcore guys (they just came back from a competition in orlando) gave me heck for being out of the gym for over a week. . . I explained the medicine thing. . It felt good to be missed by the hardcore. They tend not to pay anybody attention especially girls that seem to come and go. It feels good they consider me one of them. anyway. ..

today there was a schedule to do cardio in the gym. . but that wasn't right. . I always. . ALWAYS . . go to the track the day after Upperbody. I know my body can't handle it the day after legs.

Today. . . Total 12 laps (3 miles)
Laps 1 &amp; 2--Walked and Stretched
Laps 3-10--ran straights/walked curves
Laps 11&amp;12--Walked again.

Just getting back in the swing o things.
Also, I get off work early tonight. So I'll be going into the gym to hit Abs &amp; Shoulders at aroun 9pm

I got off at 8pm. Did abs/Shoulders until 9:30, drank my PWO shake and met some friends at the tennis courts by 9:45. WE played tennis til midnight. . too much fun. . i got my but thouroughly spanked though!</font>

DAY 3—LEG DAY (high def routine)
<font color="red"> looks like i'll be in the gym at 1 am. I overslept today, and though i prefer to workout when i get up, I've only left myself enough time to get my meals for the day cooked and get ready for work. I'm not sure why i needed soo much sleep. I musta overdid it yesterday. I was exhausted. . .anyway. . . I'm gonna post my meals and work out after work.</font>

set 1 3x15 each exercise
QUADleg extentions--60 lb
HAM lying leg curl--45 lb

set 2 3x?
QUAD30's on 3pt. leg press--90 lb (10 rep top, 10 rep middle, 10 at bottom of foot placement platform)
HAM Dead lift--45 lb bar 3x15

set 3 3x15
QUAD sissy squats
HAM lying dmbl curl--15 dmbls

set 4 for 3 sets
3 pt. smith machine squat--10 legs together, 10 shoulder width apart, 10 wide leg

<font color="red"> so i could tell its been a while since i hit the gym. . . i got weak really quick doing this work out.
i ended up only doing 2 sets of everything. but even that had my legs trembling!!</font>

DAY 4—CALVES/ABS &amp; CARDIO
<font color="red"> i switched out work outs. I did tomorrows workout today. and i'll be doing cardio, abs/calves tomorrow. my left calf is very sore and tender . . . so instead of running. . i thought it would be better to do upper body.</font>
Set 1--3x20
ABS Medicine ball crunches, 1LB BALL-- (arms and legs come up together, &amp; go down toghether passing the ball hand to feet with each crunch)
CALVES: Standing Calve raises __________lbs.

Set 2--3x15
ABS: Planks (3 sets of 10 @ 20 seconds each)
CALVES: Donkey Calf raise___________lbs

Set 3—4x25
ABS: Leg raises
CALVES: Seated calf raise _______lbs

HIIT CARDIO
bike 5 minute warm up cycle
(level per min 1,2,1,2,1--then, rest 1 min)*levels on the bike (not exersion)
** less than 10 minute moving from bike to treadmill**

Treadmill (20 minute HIIT)
Level intensity per minute
Min 1/lvl 5 (4.0 mph—a slow jog)
Min 2/lvl 9 (6.0 mph—im going as fast as my little legs can go)
Min 3/lvl 8 (5.5 mph—a fast run)
Min 4/lvl 7 (5.0 mph—a run)
Min 5/lvl 6 (4.5 mph—a jog)
Min 6/lvl 5 (4.0 mph—a slow jog)
Min 7/lvl 4) (3.5 mph—a brisk walk to catch breath)
Min 8/lvl 5 (4.0 mph—a slow jog)
Min 9/lvl 6 (4.5 mph—a jog)
Min 10/lvl 7 (5.0 mph—a run)
Min 11/lvl 8 (5.5 mph—a fast run)
Min 12/lvl 9 (6.0 mph—im going as fast as my little legs can go)
Min 13/lvl 4) (3.5 mph—a brisk walk to catch breath)
Min 14/lvl 9 (6.0 mph—im going as fast as my little legs can go)
Min 15/lvl 8 (5.5 mph—a fast run)
Min 16/lvl 7 (5.0 mph—a run)
Min 17/lvl 6 (4.5 mph—a jog)
Min 18/lvl 5 (4.0 mph—a slow jog)
Min 19/lvl 4) (3.5 mph—a brisk walk to catch breath)
Min 20/(6.0 mph—im going as fast as my little legs can go)
**And cool down a minute or two**

bike 10 minutes
Cycle 1-(level per min 1,2,3,2,1--then, rest 1 min)*levels on the bike (not exersion)
Cycle 2--(level per min 2,3,4,3,2--then, rest 1 min

DAY 5 UPPER BODY—CHEST/BACK (shock) &amp; BICEPS/TRICEPS (high def)
<font color="red"> I completed tis work out yesterday, and did cardio today. . . i only did 2 sets light yesterday on upper body. . then went and played tennis. . to day's track i didnt do HIIT cardio. .i just walked 3 miles around the track because owwww my back hurts. . . i think i turned it wrong some how playing tennis.

I spent a large part of my day icing it down and taking aleve. . . now tomorrow i'll be applyng heat. going to the track again tomorrow.</font>

CHEST &amp; BACK
Set 1--4x15
CHEST: Swiss ball dumblell flys ______lbs
CHEST: Swiss ball dumbbell press_______lbs

Set 2—4x15
BACK: Bent over reversgrip rows ______lbs
BACK: Close grip pull down_______lbs

Set 3--3x15
CHEST: Incline barbell press ______lbs
BACK: One arm bent over dumbbell row_______lbs

Set 4--3x15
CHEST: Weight assisted Dips
BACK: Weight assisted pull ups

CHEST/BACK COMBO—PUSH UPS! 4 X 20 (SLOW &amp; CONTROLLED)

BICEPS &amp; TRICEPS &amp; SHOULDERS (LIGHT WORK)
Set 1--4x15
BICEPS: Cable Curls ______lbs
TRICEPS: Cable pull down______lbs
SHOULDERS: Cable pull up _______ lbs

Set 2—4x15
BICEPS: 3 grip barbell curls ______lbs
TRICEPS: Lying overhead extensions_______lbs
SHOULDERS: Backward flys _______ lbs

DAY 6 –HIIT CARDIO AT THE TRACK &amp; SHOULDERS/ABS
WARM UP
<font color="red"> sigh*** just walked again today 8pm. making sure my back is ok, before i try to run. I should be good to go again by monday</font>

</font>

Old 08-30-2004, 06:33 PM

Default Monday 8/30/04--Nutrition

Breakfast--10:30am
-a full glass of water
-cup of orange juice
-5 eggs scrambled (2 whole, 3 just whites)
-on a 2 corn tortilla's

Lunch--1pm
-glass of water
-tuna &amp; corn Salad--1 can tuna, and 1 cup thawed frozen corn mixed with "i can't believe it's not butter spray" Seasoned with a Goya Sazon Packet (i put that on everything), and raw onions.

Mid Meal--4pm
-1 cup cottage cheese

Dinner--7pm
-1 16oz glass water
-more tuna &amp; corn salad ('bout a serving and a half . my breath smells like onion bad right now!)

Midmeal--10pm
-1 cup cottage cheese
-protein shake (EAS Simply Whey Vanilla

Last meal
yawwwnn .. more cottage cheese..

Gym 12:30am --2am. See previous post-- to do Monday's workout
</font>

Old 08-31-2004, 08:35 AM

Default Re: TUESDAY 8/31/04 Nutrition

Plan--Track 8am <font color="red"> see workout post 2 prior posts. Day 2 updated</font>

** vitiamins to take today--Multi, C, Chromium, L-glutamine.

Meal 1--9:30am
--16 oz water
--protein shake (skim milk, EAS whey, 1 teasp. instant coffee mix)

Meal 2--10:30am
-3(1 ylk, 2 wht) egg/tuna omlett (w/1 slice cheese, onions and peppers)
-1 slice wheat toast (no butter)

Meal 3--1:00pm
-turkey patti on wheat bread
-1 serving broccoli

Meal 4--4:00pm
-protein shake

Meal 5--7:00 pm
-turkey patti
-small baked potato
-broccoli if im still hungry

Meal 6--10:30pm
protein shake before bed

Bed by 12:30am
</font>

Closed Thread