viper483's Online Training Journal - The Journey - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 06:05 AM
viper483 should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default viper483\'s Online Training Journal - The Journey

Hey, Iím new here. After reading a few of the articles, I decided Iíd join up to post in the forums, and hopefully increase my knowledge.

Well Iíve finally decided to start up an online training journal, mainly for motivational purposes, but to also keep track of how Iím going, and for help from whoever reads this.

I guess a bit of back-story is necessary, because I like to ramble on, and I feel like it.
My family has always had a problem with being over-weight, and after being told by doctors and dieticians, that Iíd never be skinny, Iíve decided to make a stand, and beat genetics. I wasn't going to use it as an excuse for being overweight anymore. It was time to change.
I realise that Iíll never be a skinny little runt, but the best I can do, is turn my body fat into muscle and stay healthy throughout my life. This requires a complete life-style change, and this journal is my main motivational tool.
This isnít the first time Iíve attempted something like this (loosing weight), but I always seemed to give up after a month or so simply because I lost interest and got sick of the negative (although, there were some positives) comments. This time though, Iím focused and confident that I will lose the weight, and I hope to share my journey with all of you, should you happen to read this.

Anyway, at the moment, Iím focusing on cutting more-so than bulking. I already have a big build, but my body fat % is also high, (most likely over 28%...maybe even over 30%, Iím not completely sure), so before I start bulking, I want to lose a bit of this fat. Iím following the ď13 weeks to hardcore fat burningĒ workout and diet, so Iím hoping to lose at least 5% body fat by the end of the 13 weeks, if not more. (If these are un-realistic figures, please let me know, I donít want to be disappointed at the end of the 13 weeks.)

Today, being the first day of the 13 week program, I followed the first day of the workout program which consisted of chest and shoulders.
I love that feeling you get when youíre working out and it feels like your muscles feel like theyíre going to explode. Itís even more gratifying when you finally finish the workout, knowing that youíve accomplished something and that in the end, youíre going to have something to show for it.

Iíll post my workout for today and tomorrow, tomorrow, because Iím running out of time here.

As for counting calories, I didnít do that, because I was somewhat un-prepared, though tomorrow, Iíll start counting using the calorie counter (courtesy of KrYptic.x) as of tomorrow, and am intending to drop my calories by about 250 calories (this is going by the 13 week diet).
Iíll also post my diet for tomorrow, tomorrow.

Hereís my stats at the moment too.

Age-16
Height-189 cm
Weight-120-130kg (not completely sure on this, Iíll have to get accurate figures soon)
Diet- Cutting
Body Fat % - 25-35 (Again, not completely sure about this)

Split Ė 5 day cycle Ė Week 1
Day 1 - Chest and Shoulder
Day 2 Ė Biceps, Triceps and Forearms
Day 3 Ė Cardio and Abs
Day 4 Ė Quads, Hamstrings and Calves
Day 5 Ė Rest day

Iíll post my actual workout and diet tomorrow, but for now, thanks for reading.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:45 AM
LegendaryWatcher should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Default Re: viper483\'s Online Training Journal - The Journey

[ QUOTE ]
Iím hoping to lose at least 5% body fat by the end of the 13 weeks, if not more. (If these are un-realistic figures, please let me know, I donít want to be disappointed at the end of the 13 weeks.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats on starting up a journal and getting motivated to head out on a cut. I finished the 13 Weeks program not too long ago. I just want to say that you will lose much more than 5% body fat for sure if you are starting out that high and are fairly new to hardcore lifting that the program entails. I lost 8% during my cut and managed to only lose 13 pounds in the process which means I held on to my lean mass fairly well. Well, my journal is loaded with everyday of my cut if you ever feel the need to turn back time and take a peek. I also post my diet everyday if you need to check out some cutting diets. My journal is getting sort of long, but if you go back in there I mark each day with what day it was in my cut. Dude, you can do it and that is awesome. You are in the right place for sure.
Old 08-03-2004, 05:44 AM
Stranger

Thanks for the motivation LegendaryWatcher. Itís great to be able to come here and get positive comments whether Iím a veteran or a newbie to all of this. Itís much appreciated!

Well itís the second day of my Ďcutí and Iím happy with the way Iím committing myself to the workout, I donít feel completely satisfied with the diet.
I have to wait until the weekend until I can get down to a health shop and buy all the necessary vitamins etc.
So until the weekend, Iíll have to make do with what I can find in the pantry.
One thing Iím happy about, is the fact that Iím drinking nearly twice as much water as I used too. I havenít been counting calories yet; Iíve been basically eating what I feel like. This is something I plan to fix within the week.

Hereís my meals for the day.

Meal 1 Ė
1/3 cup of oats
Ĺ cup of skim milk
2 glasses of water (roughly 600ml)
1 Vitamin C tablet

Meal 2 Ė
Note: This is the meal I eat for my first break at school. I didnít have time this morning to organize anything, so I just had to grab a doughnut. Quite sure that didnít too well for my calories.
350ml water

Meal 3 Ė
Again, didnít have time to organize anything proper for lunch, so I had to make a roll with ham.
750ml water

Meal 4 Ė
Note: post-workout meal
2 cups boiled rice
1 piece of steak
Oven-cooked fries
Green Beans (not sure how many)
1.5ml water

Meal 5 Ė
This is basically desert, not completely sure what to have here.
Most likely have some Weet-Bix (Australian Cereal, basically no fat) with some skim milk and a tea-spoon of sugar.
750ml water

Thatís it for the day, as I said, I have to buy a few things on the weekend, but for now, a few critiques for todayís meals would be nice, as it helps me to prepare for tomorrow.

As for the workout, it was triceps/biceps/forearms today.

I donít have time to type out all of the weight and types of exercises I did, but Iíve decided I love tricep exercises.
The feeling I get when my triceps are stretching is great, itís a real rush. Feeling good after my workout, triceps are a bit stiff because I never really paid much attention to them before recently. Iíll be feeling this in the morning.

Anyway, thatís all for now, running out of time again.

Thanks for reading.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:49 AM
Stranger

****, I lost my internet connection for a few days, then we went away for a small holiday for about a week.
Looks like I'll be starting all this again.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:59 AM
LegendaryWatcher should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

No worries Viper. Your journal will still be here and so will the support of all of us at ABC. You'll get right back on track.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:58 AM
getnbgr should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

[ QUOTE ]
Split Ė 5 day cycle Ė Week 1
Day 1 - Chest and Shoulder
Day 2 Ė Biceps, Triceps and Forearms
Day 3 Ė Cardio and Abs
Day 4 Ė Quads, Hamstrings and Calves
Day 5 Ė Rest day

[/ QUOTE ]

What day are you going to do Back?

http://www.tag-board.com/smilies/bowl.gif

********** getnbgr's Training Journal **********
Old 08-22-2004, 12:05 AM
Stranger

Finally have a permanent internet connection now. I'll post today's results later on.

[ QUOTE ]
No worries Viper. Your journal will still be here and so will the support of all of us at ABC. You'll get right back on track.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a lot, this is what makes me want to keep going with this.

[ QUOTE ]
What day are you going to do Back?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops, forgot to add that in. That's done on Day 1 (Chest and shoulders)
Old 08-22-2004, 12:10 AM
OUTLAW20SICX should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

i think u should change your split a lil. chest, back, traps and delts is a lot on one day, depending on what u do for them. it would take me 4-6 hours to do all that. so my opinion is to split it up

"I see little people"
Old 08-22-2004, 12:33 AM
Stranger

Any ideas?

I was following the '13 week' workout and modifying it a little bit (mainly the diet, because it's a bit hard to follow a strict diet at school).

Monday and Tuesday are usually the nights when I have the most time, so I want the biggest workout's then. Wednesday is smaller because I have an external school course on Wednesdays and I don't get home til late. Thursdays and Friday's can be average, depends on how much homework I rack up, and weekends vary.

I was thinking something like this though.

Day 1 - Chest, Shoulders, Traps
Day 2 - Biceps, Triceps, Forearms
Day 3 - Abs and Back (plus cardio workout)
Day 4 - Hamstrings & Thighs
Day 5 - Rest (A little bit more cardio. My main aim at the moment is to lose body fat).

Anything wrong with that at the moment? I'm thinking of awapping maybe Day 2 and Day 4 around. I want to focus a lot on my hamstrings and calves and seeing as I have more time on Tuesdays, I figure it'd be easier to do that way.
Old 08-22-2004, 02:53 AM
OUTLAW20SICX should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

it all depends on how much time you wanna spend on a body part.
try puttin chest and back together and superset them, that can save some time. bis and tris could be supersetted same with delts and traps. i would put legs on the day you have more time. try do abs and calves together.
1 - chest, back
2 - delts, traps
3 - quads, hams
4 - bis, tris, forearms
5 - abs and calves
and for cardio, could u make it in the am before school or work, about 15-30 min of hiit??
shoot for somethin like that maybe, you can always put hams with back, or traps with back or somethin.

"I see little people"
Closed Thread