Sick two days now! - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 01:10 PM
MusicJennifer should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Sick two days now!

So I have a bladder infection which is making me feel pretty bad. The only other time I had one, it moved into my kidneys and I was hospitalized, so when I woke up feeling that "pain", I went right to the doctors. Funny thing...yesterday I felt really sick and didn't go to work. I figured I just had some 24 hour bug. Then today I woke up even worse. I didn't work out yesterday and won't be able to today. This makes me feel so awful and guilty. Any words of advice? Should I lower my cals for today? I'm certainly not hungry. Tomorrow, I will be ready to work out for sure.
Old 07-27-2004, 01:20 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

Default Re: Sick two days now!

MusicJennifer:

If you are sick, you need to give your body the nutrients it needs to recover! Don't decrease the amount of food! Even if you are not hungry, you should feed your body. You should also provide for time for rest. What did the doctor say about diet and exercise while you have your bladder infection?

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 07-28-2004, 11:40 AM
Light-Heavyweight

I didn't ask the doctor because I didn't want to hear the answer! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Today I am at work, still feeling groggy and not myself. I was planning on workng out though. We'll see I guess, I have a soar throat, my back still aches, and I have a headache! I HATE BEING SICK, it's so inconvenient! I can't remember the last time I got sick and had to stop working out.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:59 AM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

Well, aren't you something! Go and get your b**t checked! Delaying it could only make things worse and what kind of benefit will your body get from being pushed further when it is not at its best.

Good luck today!

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 07-28-2004, 05:31 PM
Light-Heavyweight

haha! Well, I ended up running 4 miles and did wind sprints for the 5th mile. (I am training for a half marathon) I have to say, it made me feel SO much better when I was done. Hard to get through though. I will just take it easy the rest of the day now. Thanks for the words of encouragement [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]