Need a lower back exercise for my girlfriend - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 11:15 PM
Vito should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Need a lower back exercise for my girlfriend

Hello Ladies,

I need to tap into your collective conscious's and find a lower back exercise that my girlfriend can do. She has a bad back and doing SLDL's and Good Mornings and Squats and Deadlifts are out of the question. I do have her doing Leg presses to work on her quads and seated leg curls for her ham's. Do any of you have a suggestion?

Vito
"Far better is it to dare mighty things,to win glorious triumphs,even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much,because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt

http://www.taracaballeroauthentic.co...ng_you_jpg.jpg

Old 07-20-2004, 11:22 PM
MansonOzz should change his/her status!
Olympia Champion

Default Re: Need a lower back exercise for my girlfriend

Hyperextensions? My girl LOVES those as her primary lower back movement. So does my workout partner. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] I think I need to have a talk with him.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:59 PM
CheezitMan22 should change his/her status!
National Champion

[ QUOTE ]
Hyperextensions? My girl LOVES those as her primary lower back movement. So does my workout partner. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] I think I need to have a talk with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Deads, then hyperextensions. I wonder what Dave and his workout partener are gonna talk about.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:17 AM
SG4Life should change his/her status!
Lightweight

hyper is good
Old 07-21-2004, 02:53 AM
Eleni should change his/her status!

Hi, well to actually do hyper extensions is a little bit of a toughy when trying to get round a bad back prob...i would say start by dpoing really wide pull downs at a reasonable weight (about 25 reps) and about 4 sets really slowly...tell her to keep her back straight and really hold the rep for a 3 second count. As for inbetween set recovery I would say no more than 15-20 seconds...that will start working her lower back and then subsequently she will be able to start hypers..... oh and tell her to never loose focus on her exercise... El.
Dear all, I am a Personal Assistant and have decided to ask my company that I work for, to convert our store room below, into a gym for the company. My wish was succesfuly granted and now we have a well equiped gym downstairs....see what a little perseverance does...
Old 07-21-2004, 06:57 AM
MansonOzz should change his/her status!
Olympia Champion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Deads, then hyperextensions. I wonder what Dave and his workout partener are gonna talk about.

[/ QUOTE ]

He said DLs are out of the question.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:12 AM
Light-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He said DLs are out of the question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. At least someone pays attention to the question at hand. :-)
"Far better is it to dare mighty things,to win glorious triumphs,even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much,because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt

Old 07-21-2004, 07:14 AM
Light-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, well to actually do hyper extensions is a little bit of a toughy when trying to get round a bad back prob...i would say start by dpoing really wide pull downs at a reasonable weight (about 25 reps) and about 4 sets really slowly...tell her to keep her back straight and really hold the rep for a 3 second count. As for inbetween set recovery I would say no more than 15-20 seconds...that will start working her lower back and then subsequently she will be able to start hypers..... oh and tell her to never loose focus on her exercise... El.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have her doing pull downs now but not at that high a rep count. I will have to increase her reps on that one maybe.
Thanks El.

Old 07-21-2004, 07:27 AM
Eleni should change his/her status!

Hi there again...thanks for replying...also just another note to keep in mind...that forearm failure in woman are somewhat of an obstacle gotto take that into concideration (maybe give her a nice set of wrist wraps in the beginning to give her a boost-if she doesn't already have a pair)....the reason for the high reps is because it will start targeting all her inner back which ultimately runs down to getting the lower back involved...the squeeze is amasing.... Good luck and keep me posted.

1.)back straight and 2.)chest a little out ... El.
Dear all, I am a Personal Assistant and have decided to ask my company that I work for, to convert our store room below, into a gym for the company. My wish was succesfuly granted and now we have a well equiped gym downstairs....see what a little perseverance does...
Old 07-21-2004, 07:53 AM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

I realize you said no good mornings (I paid attention to the question at hand [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]), but do you think she would be able to try some light, higher rep seated good mornings? They are a much more comfortable movement.
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Closed Thread