Pilaties - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 03:09 PM
zap should change his/her status!
Rookie

Default Pilaties

However its spelt.... What i was wondering was is it actually like good to burn down fat?

I havn't tried it but my sister has been on it for 2-3 months although i havn't noticed a weight loss she seems to say she is losing a bunch... I just don't want her to be really disappointed but i mean she won't go on a diet like i am because she says they are stupid. She doesn't eat that much junk food and gets in alot of vegetables and chicken but i just want her to be happy with her life and not get really disapointed later because pilaties didn't help.

PS: I never checked into pilaties yet so if this sounds really stupid thats why.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:17 PM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Default Re: Pilaties

i know pilates is good for strengthening your core muscles. i've done it before, but i cannot attest to its fat burning abilites as i do it in conjunction with bb'ing and cardio.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:23 PM
Rookie

ic...Well my sister she doesn't do much else i mean once in a while she will run on the treadmill but its not consistant she plays no sports (but bowling) and i have tried to get her to edicate her on various things like HIIT and diets but she calls them crap.

PS: thx for the quick response i posted this thread like a minute ago.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:25 PM
NutMeg is sleepy
Mr. Universe

it's incredibly good for your core.. and may help improve posture... and if you listen to Daisy Fuentes, it can give you a body like hers! (just like Madonna, I mean Esther [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img], only did yoga to look like that [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

I don't know your sisters stats, but she could be seeing some results due to activity and possibly different eating habits. I also don't know what or how often she is doing Pilates as that could make a big difference as well... I would almost liken it to calisthenics... as you use your body weight for the activity.

Classes and video tapes vary too... I thought the Crunches Pilates workout was a piece of cake, but I have an old Denise Austin one that still kicks my butt.

I think it's a great addition to a good weight training split, but it shouldn't be the only thing done.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:27 PM
Olympia Contender

i don't think she will get very good results losing bodyfat if she solely does pilates, especially with no concern to her nutrition or anything else that helps.

she must have a good forearm from bowling! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] my friend bowls and his bowling arm is huge and muscular, the other one is not so. LOL
Old 06-18-2004, 03:30 PM
Rookie

WOW another quick post..... I was thinking it might be like that but i was hoping it wasn't.... As much as i hate my sister sometimes i still don't like her being sad. I think she did it like 3-4 times a week and i dunno what tape it is. I seen her doing it once its like a older blonde chick not to old like maybe 40's but you can't tell when they are in great shape (like tuf). Well thx for the help.

PS: that madonna/esther thing is so dumb she's just trying to hide what she did in the past...even tho she claims she's like proud of it.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:31 PM
Rookie

Lol i guess she has a big forearm never actually checked... but she has been bowling since she was like 6 and she is turning 18 in a month. She kind of concerns her nutrition but shes not on a specific diet she just mostly lays off the junk food.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:32 PM
Rookie

PS: the womans forum has fast responses
Old 06-18-2004, 03:37 PM
Olympia Contender

winsor pilates maybe? the teacher is a middle-aged blonde.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:38 PM
Rookie

ya i think so
Closed Thread