Frustrating Fat! - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 07:25 PM
Charmaine should change his/her status!

Default Frustrating Fat!

Hi...I am 20 y/o female...and I am 5'5 and 129-130 pounds (dumb scale)
Anyways, I started the 13 week fat burning diet last week and it seems like nothing is happenng. I know it only been a week but I dunno.
ok heres the thing. I am very lean, no fat on arms, VERY minimal on legs, close to none, BUT fat over my abs, like my stomach is flat but there is a lot of fat and love handles. This is the spot I monitor b/c its basically the only place I need and want to lose fat from but godddd it will not come from there!!!!!! I have tried thousands of diets before and I have been working out for 4 years now and it seems like i lose everything (b/c i did have fat on legs) but it will NOT come from my tummy.
My diet is clean clean clean, and i have followed every step and guideline to that 13 week thing, my workouts are intense, i have a lot of muscle, inclduing my abs, i can see them sort of.
anyways im hoping since im not far into this 13 week thing that things will change for the better but it sure makes things hard when you dont see any changes [img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2004, 08:06 PM
Serendipity should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Re: Frustrating Fat!

Could be your genetics.

And this might be a real vacuous question, but what's your posture like?
Old 06-17-2004, 09:23 PM
nozzle should change his/her status!
National Champion

if you can see your abs, even slightly, your body fat is not that high. i think you have a warped view of yourself (nearly all of us do [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ). you've got to give it more than a week, too.

be patient and remember that you can't spot reduce. you have to lose overall fat. and if the only place you have is on your abs, then you'll lose it.

i remember your post about your diet...have you changed it to match the 13 weeks diet?
Old 06-17-2004, 09:34 PM
Fireproof should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Don't get frustrated...we just have to start tweaking things from your approach to elicit better progress.

BUT - it's hard for us to diagnose with just a description of your problem. Is there a way you can get pics of you posted? If you have no where to post them, I can host them for you. That will let us better assess your current state and propose tweaks to your diet and training.

Also, how much cardio are you doing? Too much cardio can hinder progress - especially if you've been doing it for a long time.

If you are not doing too much cardio, it could be your estimation of maintenance calories was a bit high - so we'd need to drop calories a little bit more to induce fat loss.

Or, if you are like some, and get "over zealous", you might be dropping your calories too much thinking if a small drop is good, then a giant drop is better. But that's not the case.

Anyway, if you can get us some pics, that would really help. But don't give up...keep going. If you've followed the diet for 2 weeks perfectly, then drop another 250 calories and keep going.
Old 06-18-2004, 01:56 PM

Hi guys...thanks for comments. Well I have been following the 13 week, yes i changed it to no fruit or yogurt os anything really. I eat oatmeal chicken, veggies, flax oil plus supps and whey etc etc. Usually about 1750 cals a day

Frireproof I have pics of myself and tried to get them on here a hundred times and i put them on yahoo but nobody could see them and i couldnt make them public, i would love for u to see them so u can help me out with this!
Thanks...let me know
Old 06-18-2004, 02:00 PM

try this??
Old 06-18-2004, 02:00 PM

try this??

Me
Old 06-18-2004, 02:02 PM

again?

me again?
Old 06-19-2004, 06:48 AM
LegendaryWatcher should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

There were no pics in your yahoo account?
Closed Thread