Protein Question - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 08:14 PM
Newpswahine should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Protein Question

Hey, I haven't been here in a long time. I've been doing a lot of cardio and I weightlift once in a while. I really want to exercise and eat healthier this summer. So I was wondering if I should drink protein shakes. I don't know too much about it, but protein is supposed to be good for your muscles. Can protein shakes make you fat? Is it alright to use them as a meal replacement for 1-2 of the 6 meals we're suppose to have a day?
Old 06-16-2004, 09:08 PM
Chris15 should change his/her status!

Default Re: Protein Question

If you are going to lift weights a lot you could. But if not...I wouldnt. I believe it can make you fat if you drink them and dont exercise. I use protein shakes for protein I cant get from a meal. What it does is give your body more protein to repair your muscles from intense exercise. Like lifting heavy weights.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:59 PM
NutMeg is sleepy
Mr. Universe

Eeeeeps!

Welcome to the site guys!

I suggest you read some of the articles under the nutrition tab above, and then ask some questions on what you've read as it should answer some you have and bring up more.

(protein shakes can make you fat depending on how many you have, and what's in them and your activity level, but then that isn't really the shake's fault, and it's ok, but you want real meals for all of your meals instead of shakes)
Old 06-17-2004, 01:48 AM
Stranger

If I did the 13 week workout for fat burning, would two scoops be fine? Would this meal plan be good enough or should I add more food? The workout plan says that I should only do cardio on one day, is that even enough? can't I do cardio every other day without losing muscle if I get enough protein?

Meal #1: (6:30)
cup of oatmeal
piece of fruit or boiled eggs

Meal #2: (9:45)
bagel w/cream cheese

Meal #3: (1:00)
Protein shake.

Meal #4: (3:00)
4 ounces of chicken or turkey breast
1 cup of rice
2 boiled eggs

Workout (5:30)

Meal #5: (6:30)
Protein shake
Old 06-17-2004, 04:46 AM
Kilomanjaro should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Adding more fiberous veggies in your diet would definately help a little.
Old 06-17-2004, 06:58 AM
NutMeg is sleepy
Mr. Universe

do you really plan on going 12 hours without eating? If so, you need a slow-burning protein so your body doesn't eat your muscles. You'll also want a source of protein at every meal. Bagels and other breads aren't recommended on a cut.

That doesn't look like enough food. That coupled with a lot of cardio will just keep your body in a catabolic state.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:49 AM
BrothaMan325 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

BrothaMan325 here. no way on the drinking kid. it cuts your muscle recovery and general energy in half. i have been lifting serious for about 4 to 5 years now and i am still all natural. i notice a bigger difference when i drink because i am an all natural lifter. but if you are looking to get supper big or cut, either one, you need to leave the beer alone. now every now and then is cool. but it cant be every weekend. good luck on the training.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:11 AM
NutMeg is sleepy
Mr. Universe

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] what in the world... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2004, 02:42 PM
Fireproof should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] what in the world... [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2004, 07:23 PM
Stranger

I know that the bagel is no good, but I'm going to be at school during that time. They only have pizza, chips, and all that other junk food. What protein shake should I try?
Closed Thread