Emotions and Food - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 07:50 PM
Annam54 should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Default Emotions and Food

This is kinda awkward, but Im wondering if anyone here ever turns to food for example when things arent going the greatest for them. I find sometimes when I am 'extra sad' I find myself turning to some kind of food to make me feel better [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I don't get like this all the time, the odd blue moon, but when it does trigger, I found the connection that it was when I was most upset/emotional.One thing I HAVE found that works is hitting the gym hard to let off steam, but an other suggestions? [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
"I studied the lives of great men and famous women, and I found that the men and women who got to the top were those who did the jobs they had in hand, with everything they had of energy and enthusiasm."
Henry Truman

Age~ 23 years old
Height~ 5 foot 3.5
Weight~ 103-108
BF% 10.4 (April '04)

Old 06-15-2004, 07:53 PM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Default Re: Emotions and Food

Emotions--of various sorts--can cause several hormonal imbalances, promoting either anorexigenic or orexigenic responses. I discuss the importance of staying mentally sound here, An Investigation of the Dual-Centered, Glucostatic, Glycogenostatic, Thermostatic, & Sensory-Specific Satiety Hypotheses as Applied to the Manipulation of the Satiety Mechanism: A Research Initiative.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 06-15-2004, 08:18 PM
steakzilla should change his/her status!
Lightweight

What you experience is not uncommon at all. You have probably heard the term "comfort food" befor. and that comes from situations like yours. I think most of us have a food, that cheers us up. But if its not good for you, be strong, and find comfort in some cozy Iron
Old 06-16-2004, 06:35 AM
GymRose should change his/her status!

Not alone at all boy can I empathise with you. In fact I just put on 20kg due to our business going into financial difficulties which brought on a flare up of a digestive disease I have causing depression and panic attacks about going out in public places then weight gain. ROFL gotta laugh or I'll cry. Praise God I had prayer after 6 months of agonising debilitatation my symptoms vanished in 2 weeks of prayer and a word spoken over me I will see a miricle.

I now have huge amounts of energy and am getting stuck in again to get the weight off.

But it doesn't matter how much or lil you have those cravings or how much you put on, point is how you feel after I think must be the same disappointment in yourself as the next person but you're not alone at all. This site I'm finding is so great for inspiration............ Now if only I could get my posts to 150 ta go in the Members Discussions and PM to really get to know people.

I get out and hit the bag and my neighbour looks over the fence and says who did it today Hubby or The Kids?

Gettin in the gym helps big time too.

And I am so ganna read that link.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:41 AM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

when i get down, i eat chocolate. lots of chocolate.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:46 AM
Bantamweight

I am sorry you went through what you did. But the Lord is ALWAYS there for you to guide you through the hardship. He has everything in store for us and is always watching us, even though we may feel He is not.
The weight will come off with dedication and patience. You seem to have a good focus so Im sure with your spirits and energy sky high now, you will get there in no time Gymrose!!

I am glad to know other people understand where I am coming from too [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] thanks
"I studied the lives of great men and famous women, and I found that the men and women who got to the top were those who did the jobs they had in hand, with everything they had of energy and enthusiasm."
Henry Truman

Age~ 23 years old
Height~ 5 foot 3.5
Weight~ 103-108
BF% 10.4 (April '04)

Old 06-16-2004, 08:49 AM
Bantamweight

Soccerchick, I do as well, that is the one that triggers most lol, but there is apparently a connection with chocolate and how it really does comfort us! Something to do with serotonin, if I find a study I will post it..
Henry Truman

Age~ 23 years old
Height~ 5 foot 3.5
Weight~ 103-108
BF% 10.4 (April '04)

Old 06-16-2004, 02:07 PM
bombflower should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

When I'm sad, upset, pms-y, etc, I find ice-cream brings me tempoary relief. Until, of course, I find myself with an empty ice-cream cup...
Weight: 140
Squat Max: 225
Bench Max: 120

My training & diet journal
My bodyfat % and weight chart
My fitday account
Old 06-16-2004, 02:18 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

Hum...I do get those...but then again, I get some sugarless gum and chew away. If no gum anything chocolate goes. I guess that exercise has helped me a lot and now I use it more and more as a release of tension *although we can't exercise 24/7..*

Hang in there!

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 06-16-2004, 05:05 PM
GymRose should change his/her status!

I tried that gum thing but it just didn't do it LOL. But I think exercise does help get rid of the tension especially hittin the bag.
Closed Thread