for all the Eliptical masters:) - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 10:10 PM
flyskygirl should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default for all the Eliptical masters:)

Hey there everyone [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Ok, well I have always just hopped on the EFX machine and went to town for 20 minutes manual at about 7 level.With all the leg in use.

Well, I tried the programed level 7 and I was wondering how do you know how many "strides per minute" you need to do, to do the job?
The machine told me(with the little lighted dots) the entire time whether I went 115 strides to 150 that I was "off the charts" with the cardio level!
When I do the interval and it drops down to say level 1 I am about 150 strides...now when it jumps up to level 8 and it also inclines how do I know how many strides I should be doing? do I just need to stay at 150 like at level 1? or do you back down...of course its alot harder to stay at 150 by 20 minutes!

or does it all really matter. LOL [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
I mean, as long as your heart rate is up it probably doesnt matter how fast or slow your going right?
Just trying to figure this machine out! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Thanks Sky

37 years old
5'9"
145lbs
16% BF
Goal: 155 lbs of pure muscle! ..in the next 3 years
Possibly enter into a amature fiqure competiton by age 40!

My Profile
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/flyskygirl/

GO BUCKS! O - H -I -O

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...a/65a2b10b.gif
Old 06-08-2004, 10:54 PM
NutMeg is sleepy
Mr. Universe

Default Re: for all the Eliptical masters:)

when it ups to level 8, you shouldn't be going as fast. Liken it to climbnig a hill on a bike. you don't keep going fast once you hit the hill, you power though each stroke, most likely even needing to stand up. If 8 is really that easy, once it goes up to a higher level, increase the resistance yourself... it should automatically adjust at the next interval... I think.

I forget if efx's allow you to pick a level number before you start...
Old 06-08-2004, 11:19 PM
flyskygirl should change his/her status!
Middleweight

[ QUOTE ]
when it ups to level 8, you shouldn't be going as fast. Liken it to climbnig a hill on a bike. you don't keep going fast once you hit the hill, you power though each stroke, most likely even needing to stand up. If 8 is really that easy, once it goes up to a higher level, increase the resistance yourself... it should automatically adjust at the next interval... I think.

I forget if efx's allow you to pick a level number before you start...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Nutmeg
I dont remember it asking my what level..it just asked me program,time,weight and age.

Ill have to check out some of the other programs..Im sure there is a way you can adjust that while in the program sequence.
I just hate to have to change it every five minutes..its nice to have it automatcially. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

It was a hoot though the first time I did the interval Im all thinking .."wow, this is easy" striding right along on level 1 ....not holding on ...drinking my water...then all of ths sudden Level 8 kicked in and I about fell off the machine...grabing for the handles and about dropped my waterbottle. it was a sight Im sure someone got a kick out of that whole trama...little miss epx amateur [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~Sky

37 years old
5'9"
145lbs
16% BF
Goal: 155 lbs of pure muscle! ..in the next 3 years
Possibly enter into a amature fiqure competiton by age 40!

My Profile
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/flyskygirl/

GO BUCKS! O - H -I -O

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...a/65a2b10b.gif
Old 06-08-2004, 11:24 PM
NutMeg is sleepy
Mr. Universe

yeah, were you doing the fat burning program or the interval program?

Wait, you said you did interval... the fat-burning one is intervals too, but longer ones. Maybe you could try that, so adjusting for a harder restance or something won't be as much.

I personally think the interval one is harder tho. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Closed Thread