A rebel with a cause: Ion's summer journal - Your Comments Wanted - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 08:54 PM
ion should change his/her status!

Default A rebel with a cause: Ion\'s summer journal - Your Comments Wanted

I've been skinny all my life. Decided two years ago to start working out. For the past two years I've worked out on a semi-consistant basis -- its hard to work a schedule around college. Haven't really had any idea of what I was doing until the past year or so, and certainly haven't kept to a diet. Its too easy in college to eat unhealthy, and often hard to fit more than 3 meals/day.

This summer, I've decided to end the excuses, put forth my best effort, and see where it gets my by the end of the summer. I'd like to hit 140 lbs by end of Aug.

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 132.5 lbs (6/8/04)

Diet:
Will post that later. Slowly working on increasing calories, and number of meals. Tracking it all is going to be the hardest part.

Workout Split:

Sunday: Off (gym closed)
Monday: Off (night class)
Tuesday: Biceps/Triceps
Wednesday: Back
Thursday: Legs
Friday: Chest
Saturday: Shoulders/abs

Wednesdays, I'm going to have to workout at 5:00 am in the morning. Not ideal (i hate working out first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, but this is the ONLY time I have free Wednesdays).

I've been looking at Vlad and Matt Brye's Journal to answer my questions, and give me some idea of what I'm up against (thanks Vlad for answering my questions in your thread!).

Todays Workout 6/8/04:
Arms

Standing Alternate dumbell curls: 10,8,5,4
Preacher Curls: 10,7,5,4 (should've done a drop set)
Skull Crushers: 12,10,8,7
Close Grip Bench: 8,6,5,5

Pretty basic workout, but it was intense. Huge pump on my biceps especially. As I progress, I'll switch things up, add in some supersets, etc. This week I don't want to blast my body too bad, since I havent worked out in atleast 3 weeks.

Goal: 140 lbs by the end of summer. 150 lbs by Winter.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:37 PM
getnbgr should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

Default Re: Ion\'s Summer Journal

Welcome to ABC and good luck with your journal. Split looks good. Remember eat, eat, and then eat some more [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

http://www.tag-board.com/smilies/bowl.gif

********** getnbgr's Training Journal **********
Old 06-08-2004, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to ABC and good luck with your journal. Split looks good. Remember eat, eat, and then eat some more [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my plan. I figure ~4000 calories should do me good. That has really been my pitfall in the past. I have the metabolism of a hummingbird, and if I want to gain muscle, I'm gonna have to eat big and clean. That means putting together clean meals that I can easily make within my schedule, and staying away from junk food.

Jonathan

Old 06-08-2004, 10:01 PM
getnbgr should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my plan. I figure ~4000 calories should do me good. That has really been my pitfall in the past. I have the metabolism of a hummingbird, and if I want to gain muscle, I'm gonna have to eat big and clean. That means putting together clean meals that I can easily make within my schedule, and staying away from junk food.

Jonathan

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I'm the same way. 4000 is a lot. I'm right around 3000. And that is tough with my schedule. When I eat right I gain. My problem is sticking to the game plan. It's tough sometimes.

http://www.tag-board.com/smilies/bowl.gif

********** getnbgr's Training Journal **********
Old 06-08-2004, 10:01 PM
IronFuji should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Good luck!

--Skip La Cour</font>
Old 06-08-2004, 10:47 PM
Jenkies should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Ion...how many hours a day do your classes take up? I just don't know how it's possible to not even have any time to train during the day, or even to have time to prepare a meal. If that's the case, then I am screwed next year.
And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shalt be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out! Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thou foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.

Old 06-09-2004, 05:37 PM

I don't have next semester's class schedule off hand, but i've got classes sprinkled from 9:00 am anywhere up to 5:00 pm. Usually have a few 1 hr breaks inbetween classes each day. So basically from 9-5 I'm on campus, maybe have time to squeeze a workout in there. But usually not a whole lot of time to run back to my apartment for food.

Then from 5:00 to say 12:00 or 1:00, I'm doing homework.

Old 06-10-2004, 08:44 PM

Today's workout: Back

Stiff Legged Deadlifts: 10,8,7
Bent Over Rows: 8,8,6
Shrugs: 12,11,10

Overall, very short, intense workout. My arms have major DOMs from Tuesday's arm workout, so I didn't want to blast them again with a heavy back workout. My lower back needs work... needs to catch up to my upper and middle back. Mostly since I've never really focused on it.

Old 06-13-2004, 12:01 PM

Saturday's activity:

2.5 miles of running. Trying to squeeze in a day or two of cardio per week. Might limit my gains a little bit, but yesterday was nice and sunny out, and I couldn't pass up the chance to work on the tan.

Old 06-15-2004, 08:00 PM

Today's work out: bi's/tri's

Dips: 8,8,6
Preacher Curls: 10,10,8 (arms felt horrible today, had to use a really light weight)
Standing dumbell curls: 8,6,5
Skull crushers: 10,8,6

Overall, today just wasn't the intense work out i was hoping for. My arms were really sore during the preacher curls. The inward side of my joint was killing me this week, and I just didn't have the energy. Chalk it up to a combo of being overzealous last week, and really hot weather today.

Weight: 132.6
I need to start eating BIG. Been slowly increasing meals, but need to really start eating big.

Tomorrow's workout (time permitting, i have a test tomorrow): Back.

Closed Thread