Any Mums Out There - How To Do It All - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 03:13 AM
GymRose should change his/her status!

Default Any Mums Out There - How To Do It All

<font color="purple">My title pretty much says it all. I'm a wife, mum of 4 very hyper active ratty yet loveable boys, business owner with hubby and am TRYING to study to be a PT (not getting anywhere fast with that). I did BFL in 2002 losing a huge amount of weight and losing 6 dress sizes and have powered on since but this year have totally burnt out and become extreemly ill with a re accurance of Ulceratve Colitis (I'm learning just to say it instead of beating round the bush and being embarresed by it) and have started to put on weight again.

I am desperate to go full on with BB but I'm the type of person who finds it easy to encourage and spur on others and forget myself along the way........... Been a mum for almost 12 years.

I know how I did it in the begining....... Pushing myself real hard with a very strict routien but now I'm draggin myself real bad and feel so burnt out.

Do I put off the study and focus fully on me for a while when the youngest starts school at the end of the year?

Never want to compete or anything but want to get to a certain standard just for me cause I love muscle.

Please someone tell me how mums do it. Any tips.........Please </font>
Old 06-07-2004, 04:00 AM
SG4Life should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Default Re: Any Mums Out There - How To Do It All

from my experience with adults, they would wait till their youngest is at school first before continuing with their careers

but they are some execeptions, they continue with their careers and they hire a babysitter to take care of the kid

just my 2 cents [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2004, 09:46 AM
Bex should change his/her status!
Lightweight

I say go for it all! While I don't have 4 children, I do have 2, a full time job, full time "gym", spouse, and a business to run; so I feel like I am "qualified" to respond [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
My husband calls me the schedule queen because I plan every aspect of our day/week/month. I don't deviate from it unless ABSOLUTELY neccessary. I find the kids love being on a schedule and my husband and I do too...it makes life run much smoother..we all know what to expect. A typical day goes like this: 4:45am- I get up and get ready for work...M&W I run for 30mins, 6:45am leave for work...hubby gets up and gets kids ready for daycare/school/gymnastics in the summer. 12:30 I pick up my daughter from gymnastics and drop her off at daycare. M,T,Th 3:30pm I go to the gym, hubby picks up girls. 5:45pm...I'm home cooking dinner and playing with girls...8:30pm girls are in bed and I head out for a run (T&Th). Sat I hit the gym at 7am, home by 9am and we're out boating by 11am [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. Sunday, 7am it's long run time....home by 9:30 or 10am and off to the lake we go.
I am not sure what kind of work out you do...but it might be wise to use a "split"...i.e. Day1:Back/Shoulders/Bis, Day2: Chest/Tris; Day 3: legs/Abs...something like that..frees up some time and helps you orgnaize your week. 20min HITT sessions are great too and don't take a lot of time.
Anyway..this was long and I am sorry..but I hope it helps. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2004, 10:35 AM
lean_nmean should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

I am a mom of 2 girls and I do my workouts all at home and my girls are always exercising with me. They love it and I am hoping when they grow up they stick with it. And it gives me time with them also.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:45 AM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

I wake up at 4:00 am and start working out at 4:30 am. My training time is sacred. If my 4 year old wakes up, she knows where she can get whatever she needs : water, milk, crackers, string cheese; and that she under no circumstances should interfere with mommy's workout (of course, if there has been loss of a major limb, then that is another story). Needless to say, I workout for 1 1/2 hrs 5 days a week. Weekends are for family and sleeping in. I take my daughter to the park after school (gotta get her tired so that she sleeps all night) and then we cook together. I delegate a lot of tasks or have her help me on the household chores. Praise is a big component of the way I raise her but so are rules.

I say, have your children and your husband help with the work at home. It will give them a sense of responsibility and respect for what you do in the house. You need to consider every child's age and capabilities. They might not be able to do the laundry but can they load the washer? They might not be able to wash the dishes but can they dispose of any food that was left in the plate? If each one has their room, they are responsible for it.

Needless to say, my four year old is a very happy child and mommy jumps on puddles with her when the mood strikes. I am the kind of mom that is playing with the kids in the playground until it starts getting dark outside.

Make sure your workout time is quality time where you really work your body. You could split your routine and workout twice a day or do everything early or later in the day.

I don't know what else to tell you. There are probably tons of things that I do like taking my kid hiking with me, and later, we will enroll in martial arts classes together (later). You are their mentor to a healthy and productive life. By you taking care of yourself, you teach them the meaning of self-steem. I hope my suggestions helped.

Good luck!

Amazon

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 06-07-2004, 01:05 PM
florida_rjs should change his/her status!

I also say go for it. I am a mother of two very hyper boys. I am a nursing student and work on weekends to pay for daycare. Make a schedule and get your family involved. If you really want "it" all, I say, you can have it all. It just takes a little courage to do it and of course you may have to work a little harder, but I bet you have it in you. Good luck.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:53 PM

<font color="purple">Thanks SO much ladies.......... Tis what I needed to hear. So many people say I need to back off and that workingout is what is burning me out. Or rather I should say the ladies around me.

I don't know any ladies that are into BB at all, in fact when I tell others my true goal they look at me like.... No leave that type of thing to the guys......... and I've even been told that.

I know it is good for me but I've started to doubt myself as to weather I should be waiting till they are all at school at the end of the year with the imput I'm getting from female friends especially the ones who are mums.

Looking at the way you structure your lives has been a great help. Thanks. I wish I found this site sooner..... </font>
Old 06-07-2004, 07:11 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

Never hesitate to come back!!!!!
If you need more support, we could email each other. I know it is not easy but I have a very busy life like you do too.
I have two jobs and have full custody of my 4 year old, so I can related *as I know all the other girls can relate too because we girls are always on our superwoman mode*

Hang in there.
Don't give up.
Take one step at a time.
What matters is to make the most of today in your training, your family and your life.
And like Jerry Springer said: "Take care of yourself and each other" LOL *Aren't you surprised that he says it and all those people that were fighting are behaving like Angels after kicking the living daylights out of each other?*

Amazon

We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

Old 06-08-2004, 04:14 AM

Thanks so much Amazon you'll proibly find I'll take you up on that offer before long. I know a good support system is vital in achieving goals. You ladies having the same intrest and know full well what it is to have goals or interests that aren't social norms for women. Not that anyone is real negitive but it is like ya don't wanna get too big just get a bit of tone......... Yadda Yadda

I go on another site from time to time and there are women there but I don't think any of them are mums and that was why I asked the question here hoping I wasn't insane for wanting to try and do it all.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:48 AM
National Champion

No problem.
Anytime.

Amazon

Closed Thread