The pill - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 06:32 AM
Serendipity should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Re: The pill

It's usually advised to take birth control a month before you start having unprotected sex, so I imagine the same holds true about it's effects on your skin. I would wait until your body adjusts to the stuff and go from there.

Some women have gained weight, others have lost weight, but most go back to normal after awhile. I've tried low dose birth control a while ago and it caused my period to go all wonky.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:13 AM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

i was having a hard time losing as well and decided to go off the pill just to see what happened, and i lost a bit. i am now on a different pill that has a lower dose of horomones that my doc said should not impede my ability to lose fat, which was my primary concern in switching pills. it just may be the pill you are on.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:53 AM
bphooch should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

[ QUOTE ]
i am now on a different pill that has a lower dose of horomones that my doc said should not impede my ability to lose fat, which was my primary concern in switching pills.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey soccerchick? my gf is looking for a pill to take but is scared of fat gain. which kind did your doc recommend if you dont mind me asking?
Old 06-08-2004, 07:38 AM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i am now on a different pill that has a lower dose of horomones that my doc said should not impede my ability to lose fat, which was my primary concern in switching pills.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey soccerchick? my gf is looking for a pill to take but is scared of fat gain. which kind did your doc recommend if you dont mind me asking?

[/ QUOTE ]

she just put me on yasmin. i'm only a few days into it, so i can't say if it works the way i want yet, but she gave me this one due to my concerns.
Old 06-08-2004, 03:35 PM
Faith should change his/her status!

Not to go too far off topic but do a search on any brand you might decide to switch to. I switched to Yasmin and had horrible side effects...bumps on my skin, lots of bloating etc. I found out through some searches that lots of problems have been reported about Yasmin.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:32 PM
bphooch should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

thanks soccerchick and faith
Old 06-09-2004, 02:48 AM
bombflower should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Just out of question. I was reading this earlier and tried looking for types of bc pills out there because I didn't know that they caused women to hold onto fat more than their bodies would off of the pill.

I've been off and on bc since I was 13 and have been on the pill for most of that time, except for the time I got the shot for a while and had horrible side-effects.

What types of pills are out there?

I'm taking Ortho Tri-Cyclen now and have been for well over a year & haven't had any problems with it. However, I wonder if it's a pill that causes my body to hold on to fat more than it would off of it.
Weight: 140
Squat Max: 225
Bench Max: 120

My training & diet journal
My bodyfat % and weight chart
My fitday account
Old 06-09-2004, 03:15 AM
WatchTheHands should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
Just out of question. I was reading this earlier and tried looking for types of bc pills out there because I didn't know that they caused women to hold onto fat more than their bodies would off of the pill.

I've been off and on bc since I was 13 and have been on the pill for most of that time, except for the time I got the shot for a while and had horrible side-effects.

What types of pills are out there?

I'm taking Ortho Tri-Cyclen now and have been for well over a year & haven't had any problems with it. However, I wonder if it's a pill that causes my body to hold on to fat more than it would off of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a possibilty BCPs are making fatloss more difficult, though there is no conclusive study that says so. There have been cases of women losing weight when going on the pill. As far as new BCPs, there is a low dose Ortho Tri Cyclen that recently came on the market (simply called Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo). We've had quite a few patients switch over where I work, you might want to talk to your doctor about it and try it out, though I don't know if it would help with ridding yourself of anymore fat... Some other common low dose pills are Alesse and Tri-Norinyl.

http://www.wtep.org/WTEPdata/Images/...0.01.18.46.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...anandron98.jpg
Ron Thal (Cartman shirt, needs a shower) and myself (flannel, needs a shower AND a haircut) in Nice, France; 1998 tour.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:18 AM
bombflower should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]

It's a possibilty BCPs are making fatloss more difficult, though there is no conclusive study that says so. There have been cases of women losing weight when going on the pill. As far as new BCPs, there is a low dose Ortho Tri Cyclen that recently came on the market (simply called Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo). We've had quite a few patients switch over where I work, you might want to talk to your doctor about it and try it out, though I don't know if it would help with ridding yourself of anymore fat... Some other common low dose pills are Alesse and Tri-Norinyl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! I saw something about O T-C Lo on the internet last night. I will ask my doctor about it next time.
Weight: 140
Squat Max: 225
Bench Max: 120

My training & diet journal
My bodyfat % and weight chart
My fitday account
Old 06-12-2004, 03:48 AM
Trench is is on a mission!
Light-Heavyweight

Try a differnt pill. My fiance was on a pill that had her gain quite a bit of weight, two months after she switched she went right back to a size 3 from a size 7.