New Protein Bars - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 05:00 PM
jenjake should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default New Protein Bars

I am not ashamed to admit that I lurk in the corners reading posts with much enjoyment, but very rarely respond or post.

Nonetheless, I am curious what y'alls take is on the new Detour, U-Turn, Joyride, etc... protein bars is. Are they too good to be true? I hate that they use Palm Kernel Oil, but most bars do.

Thoughts?? Comments??
Old 06-01-2004, 05:56 PM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

Default Re: New Protein Bars

Yep, too good to be true. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

You can do a search either here or in the nutrition forum and you will find several commentaries about bars.
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 06-01-2004, 07:26 PM
Fireproof should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Yep - too many sugars and processed "stuff" in them.

The general consensus is that if you need protein bars for convenience / on-the-go eating, make them yourself. Recipes are in the recipe forum.

For store-bought bars, the closest to whole foods, is probably Chef Jay's Tri-O-Plex carbs. A couple studies have shown that carb and protein counts can vary from batch to batch, so I'd only use these if you are bulking or not concerned about exact nutrient counts. They are yummy and filling, though!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-02-2004, 03:08 PM
sage63 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

LOL! I knew that was coming!! I like the bars too but you have to eat it **really quietly** around here (abc)!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2004, 05:24 PM
Dayna should change his/her status!
Stranger

Trio Plex bars are best for bulking?? Oh god! I bought a whole box of Peanut choc chip! I will usually have one in place of a meal if I don't have tome to eat. But I don't wanna bulk, I wanna build lean muscle and lose some body fat. Is there a better bar?
Old 06-07-2004, 04:49 AM
GymRose should change his/her status!

I tried both of them for the fact that they were "supposed" to be better for you and taste like Snickers and Mars instead of a Snickers or Mars for a cheat. As far as taste goes I wouldn't waste my money, nothing like a Snickers or Mars and they are smotherd in chocky and really rich no way they can be "that good" for you.

The recipe here to make your own is SO YUMMY and you know exactly what is in them.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:02 PM
jdf should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Plus the are HYDROGENATED = bad bad bad!!