Uhhh...another stupid question about women's signals. - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 06:33 PM
Serendipity should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Re: Uhhh...another stupid question about women\'s signals.

I'm guessing that she is trying to tell you she loves you without turning it into a big deal. Some people get scared off by the "L" word because they're not ready or because it puts pressure on them to return the favor.

So maybe she's just trying to express it without making it this serious thing where she stares at you waiting for you to say it too.

She's also giving you an in. So when you are ready to say it to her and be, ya know, emotionally gooey about it, you can do it without worrying what her reaction might be.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:55 PM
IronKnuckle should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
dude quit bein dumb and ask her out, apparently she wants to take it a step further. so ask her out and go out on a date with her. apparently you feel the same way as she does.

[/ QUOTE ]ditto
those are the strongest hints KNOWN TO MAN OR WOMAN-KIND.
Workout Design I (split)
Workout Design II
Old 05-27-2004, 07:59 PM
Kid Savage should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Personally I'd be creeped the hell out if it was me. IMO, if a girl says she loves you and you haven't had at least a year between you (that's a year being seriously linked, and not just having known each other) that's a sign she either:
A. has no idea what love means, and says it to every dude that buys her lunch (in other words emotionally immature)
or
B. is going to be hiding in your bushes watching you sleep in a few months and making threatening calls to every girl you talk to.

Course, you know her, I don't, so use your judgement, just be careful you don't start running too fast, or you might end up taking a big dive.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:36 PM
kungfu_chick should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

I'm with the gals on this one.

I think she's trying to tell you she loves you, but she's introducing the concept in a light-hearted way so that if you're not ready for it yet or don't feel the same way, she can *pretend* she was joking.

But I really think she's trying to drop you the hint.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:45 PM
WatchTheHands should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

I think you two are just in the early, cutesy stage of really starting to get to know one another. To some people, saying "I love you" is a monumentous occasion, to others it is not so much. It's kind of a silly semantic thing, but to most women I've known there is a huge difference between "loving" someone, and "being in love" with someone. It's much more important how she acts and more so how the two of you are with eachother. That will make any real love so much clearer. Because, at the end of the day, words don't mean a **** thing...

http://www.wtep.org/WTEPdata/Images/...0.01.18.46.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...anandron98.jpg
Ron Thal (Cartman shirt, needs a shower) and myself (flannel, needs a shower AND a haircut) in Nice, France; 1998 tour.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:21 PM
bigpoppadiesel should change his/her status!
Middleweight

it doesnt take years to realize you love someone. it might take you years to realize you should get married but not love. the only girl that i know that till this day i actually loved i only dated for like a month adn i knew cuz we clicked on every level. if shes feeling that maybe shes just trying to grab you before someone else does and maybe shes been using subtle hints for awhile and they havent been working. you said youve known her for awhile. maybe thats what shes wanted from the beginning but you needed a more abrupt message. just my 2 cents
Old 05-28-2004, 10:22 AM
WeaponX should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

It is definitely not the "cutesy" puppy love deal. We are both very mature people and neither of us are the emotional types. She is 31 I am 28 we aren't kids anymore. In the time I have known her she has always been somewhat emotionally detached from people but still very friendly. She is different with me though, she talks to me about things she won't tell anyone else (I am a notoriously great listener, comes from having to listen to my patients all the time). We click on everything but there are differences nothing insurmountable, but we do that creepy thing where we say things at the same time, complete each others thoughts...it's nauseating. There is ridiculous chemistry, her weaknesses are my strengths and vice versa. I know you are all "go for it then man stop being stupid!" But there are complications (she is not in a relationship or anything like that), our company has a strict no dating employees policy. It is my understanding people have been fired for violating it. I make alot of money, close to 6 figures and it will only go up over time. She has been here for 9 years and I have been here for a year and a half, we both love our job. So it is a hard decision, what am I willing to risk? Can you see the quandry?

"I am not of afraid on dying, I am afraid of not living."

http://www.shopfoodex.com/catalog/im...4400000057.jpg
Cracker and proud of it!

http://www.stratovarius.com/forum/emoticons/owned.jpg

My Training Journal
Old 05-28-2004, 10:35 AM
nozzle should change his/her status!
National Champion

[ QUOTE ]
I can't explain it. I guess men are as complicated as women huh.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the statement of the century! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2004, 10:58 AM
sage63 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

1. Money can't buy you love. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (Couldn't resist that one.)

2. Could you possibly appeal to the management and tell them of your situation? You have already "dated" so technically you are in violation of the no dating policy as it stands. Surely if they respect the both of you and the professional way you conduct yourselves and value the job you do, then they could possibly bend the rules for you. The best way would be to be up front about it with them though. You'd get in a lot more trouble if they found out you were "sneaking around".

3. I think you are a nut for even having to think twice about this....sounds like you were made for each other! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2004, 04:46 PM
Serendipity should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Is it possible to get a transfer somewhere else or at least to a different department?
As sage said, you're already technically dating so you already violated the rule.

Are there any married couples where you work? Not that I'm suggesting anything, but if there are it could open things down the line.
Closed Thread