Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 07:20 PM
sta63bmx should change his/her status!
National Champion

Default Re: Summer Lifting Journal

[ QUOTE ]
Dancing Indians = good stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's NATIVE AMERICANS, you....you...YOU WHITE MAN! Sorry. The people on this campus literally are like PCU. Only you can't smell the people on the TV in PCU. Ugh.

Chest and bicep day! Oh, the joy of being small and weak.

Squat: 135x10 to get loose. Nothing works out the kinks like some deep squats. Mmmmmmmmm. I also saw the first quarter squatters of the season while I was in there. Oh, how I love them so. I want to see them go deep and get crushed. That would rule.

Bent Leg Abs: 15,15,15,15 (this actually felt good...)

Incline: 115x6,5,3,4,1/miss (the fitness supervisors at IMPE are not allowed to spot you for insurance reasons...how asinine is that? Why even hire them? Unless they're hot girls, which they are not.)

Decline tricep extensions: 45x10,7,6 (I am going light on my triceps, since they hurt so bad last week...)

Bicep burnout: start with 4 5's on each side of an ez curl bar, drop sets from 2 reps, increasing in reps, decreasing in weight. This is always good.

I got done in a hurry because I didn't have to wait for anything. Tomorrow is leg day, which should be fun. I'll be sure to take some music to lift to.
Old 05-20-2004, 08:17 PM
MansonOzz should change his/her status!
Olympia Champion

So how long did it take you to get the bar off your chest since dumbasses can't spot you? [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] That's retarded, but half the people I bet you wouldn't even WANT to spot you.
Old 05-20-2004, 08:41 PM
CoLDTuRKeY should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Oh good Lord how did I miss this one before? **** it's great to see you back JP. I'll be frequenting this one as long as it doesn't go the same direction as your last journal!
Height - 6'2"
Bench - 440 lbs
Squat - 505 lbs.
Dead Lift - 545 lbs.
Power Clean - 315 lbs.

My Training Journal

Proverbs 3: 25-26...
Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked,when it cometh. For the Lord shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

Old 05-21-2004, 07:12 AM
National Champion

It was incline, so I just sat up and dumped it on the floor. Isn't that depressing? I am going to stick with incline for a while.

My back is still tight in the mornings, more on the right side. I may up the amount of ab work to try and keep is stretched out. I think I also need to put abs last. That and start doing some right before bed, as well as stretching my back out right before bed.
Old 05-21-2004, 01:34 PM
Adam Knowlden should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

JP! Great to see you! I don't know how I missed this journal either.

Hey, which links were not working for you?

The Prez has a lot of the archieves off line right now, to keep the site from overloading. We have over a million posts in archieves!

But I can move them into the regular forums for ya!

again, great to see ya! You're the man!
Old 05-21-2004, 03:42 PM
National Champion

[ QUOTE ]
You're the man!

[/ QUOTE ]

I will never figure out how anybody can draw any inspiration from me. Maybe I connect with the same part of the brain as Spike Dudley, where you think "He's so pathetic we HAVE to cheer for him!" [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'll send you a PM with the links. They were just the ones in my signature. SOme of them are not important, but a couple of them I referred over and over again, esp. the SLDL post.

I have decided that on today's squat sets, I'm just going to go until I get squashed. I have been lazy long enough.
Old 05-21-2004, 04:06 PM
MansonOzz should change his/her status!
Olympia Champion

Man, those links in your sig haven't worked for over a year.
Old 05-21-2004, 04:33 PM
icecube should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Whoa, just saw you started a new journal, welcome back again. Maddox is hilarious!

-Matt
Old 05-21-2004, 06:04 PM
CoLDTuRKeY should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Yeah JP you're kinda like the little engine that could. Plus you taught me to love the deadlift so you get major kudos for that. And if it wasn't for you and Dave I probably would have never gotten to know and love CoB.
Height - 6'2"
Bench - 440 lbs
Squat - 505 lbs.
Dead Lift - 545 lbs.
Power Clean - 315 lbs.

My Training Journal

Proverbs 3: 25-26...
Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked,when it cometh. For the Lord shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

Old 05-21-2004, 06:36 PM
National Champion

That's true. Speaking of the little engine that could, I'm hoping to keep dropping fat and get down to around 165-170 this year. I think if I can get 315x20 at that weight that it would be more impressive that 315x20 @ 200 lbs, which is where my fat butt was headed. I just don't care anymore. I think I'm going to concentrate on lifting weights and screw the rest besides watching my diet. Whatever happens, happens.

Speaking of weak...

Bent Leg Abs: 15,15,15,15
Squat: 135x10, 185x2, 225x5/miss,3/miss,3/miss
Front SQuat: 115x4/miss,5/miss,4/miss
SLDL: 115x8/miss,6/miss,5/miss

I finished my workout with some abs, which felt nice for my back. I am expecting the weights to come back up to full power in the next month or so, hopefully.

My back felt great squatting today. Really good. The failing was 100% legs. I really enjoyed myself today. However, the sets did not take me to the heart-pounding, nauseous place I was hoping to get to. I have gotten in the habit of riding my bike everywhere (y'know, gas prices...) and I think I may be developing some cardiovascular endurance. I know, weird.

I had a good time! Isn't that what it's all about? I am eagerly awaiting 225x10. Here are my summer goals that I have set for myself...

DL: 315x20
Squat: 225x20
Bench: 265
Overall: Get cut! I am currently around 184-ish and 16% BF. I have no clue what bf% I'll be at if I maintain muscle and look cut. But I could stand to lose twenty pounds of fat. Do you have any clue how much faster and lighter I would feel if I was this strength at 165? It would be stupid fun. Especially doing chins. Ugh. I feel like I'm hefting a ton of lard every time I do a rep.

Finally, the high point of today is hot girls in bikinis back at the pool. Low point is fat girls and fat old men at the pool...
Closed Thread