Summer Lifting Journal - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 02:12 PM
diamondtim should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Summer Lifting Journal

Good to see ya!

The pain of discipline is always less than the pain of regret!!!

my old pics
My workout journal

Ecclesiastes 7:5
It is better to heed a wise man's rebuke than to listen to the song of fools.

Height 6'0" Goal 6'0"
Weight 238Lbs Goal 200LBS
Body fat 28% Goal 10%
Old 05-15-2004, 03:50 PM
PiZ56 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
No, really...

Abs: Rockyx15
DL: 135x10, 225x10,10 (really easy...I'm trying not to die the first couple weeks)
Bent Over Rows: 95x15,5
Hang Cleans: 95x10,10
Rear delts: 12x8,5,7

[/ QUOTE ]

And the big rock that makes people scared of you while looking psychotic and/or angry in this workout is where ?

good to see you back, what's your split look like?
Old 05-18-2004, 10:32 PM
sta63bmx should change his/her status!
National Champion

Back Day, everyone's favorite.

Bent Leg Abs: 15,10,15,10
DL: 135x10, 225x20, 315x1,1
Chins: BWx6,6,3,2
Hang cleans: 95x10,10,10
Behind the back shrugs: 95x10,10,10

No clue what happened today. And it's totally my grip that's giving up at 315. I think I'm just going to jump to 265 and go for twenty. I saw Darryl today, too. That was fun. I felt good.

I tried the second single at 315 in more traditional DL form today. Usually my stance is wide and my grip is wider, but for the last rep I ran a traditional DL form, with a much narrower stance. I don't think I could rep it out like that, since it would destroy my shins. But it felt pretty good.

No workout music today since I lifted at IMPE. But nobody watches the CD player! Next time I'm taking some metal. I'm dying to squat on Friday.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:47 PM
MansonOzz should change his/her status!
Olympia Champion

Stocky German *******. Lays off lifting for months, DLs as much as me [img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2004, 08:38 AM
National Champion

[ QUOTE ]
Stocky German *******. Lays off lifting for months, DLs as much as me [img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're forgetting that my legs are about as long as most people's arms, so I only have to move the weight about 6". It's more of a pin pull when you're built like a midget. Now the squat, totally different. Every other lift will be way down, but the DL never goes away for some wacky reason. My only guess is that it has something to do with the fact that I have always deadlifted way too much. I dunno.

It's a relief to know that some people find this journal funny. A lot of people that know me just think I'm mental.

Deadlift Form Note: I have never paid a lot of attention to "correct" deadlift form insamuch as "correct" translates to "what other people do". I just did something that felt comfortable. My stances have all gotten wider and wider over the last few years, and the DL is no exception. I grip just inside the power rings and my feet are about that wide. I should really just switch to sumo if I'm gonna do that. But yesterday on one of those singles I ran the form like the other two dudes in there deadlifting. Feet much closer, and grip at the very inside of the knurling, for traditional form. I haven't lifted a bar like that since I don't know when. I think my form is more stressful on my back....in that form, the greater arm extension you can get means the bottom of the lift is completely *** and ham. You're pulling back and pushing from the heels. I think I use a lot more back when I do it my way.

If I were going to compete I'd probably do serious work on my form. But if I were going to compete, I'd just go sumo. My legs are so short that the lift would become tiny.

However, I'd never be able to rep it out in traditional form, since there's way too much thigh scraping involved.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:13 AM
Olympia Champion

Yea, I have that problem with repping. For that reason I stick to lower rep, 4-6 tops. Does going sumo make it less likely for scraping? I will have to try that sometime to see how I like it.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:33 AM
nozzle should change his/her status!
National Champion

Nice to see you back...again. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Am I allowed to find that Maddox guy funny since I'm a woman? [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2004, 08:21 PM
National Champion

[ QUOTE ]
Yea, I have that problem with repping. For that reason I stick to lower rep, 4-6 tops. Does going sumo make it less likely for scraping? I will have to try that sometime to see how I like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, my lazy form reduces scraping. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I don't think that a true sumo stance will reduce scraping. No matter what, if you're going for max power, I think you need the bar back up against your shins so you can drive from your heels. It's also easier on your back.

That being said, I think the weights I'm working with are light enough that I can get away with my form. I'm more forward, but I don't feel bent over. I think it comes back to the same thing as wide stance squatting...if your stance is wide, you don't feel like you have to bring your knees forward to keep your balance.

I can't explain this. God, I suck. Try standing with your feet about shoulder width apart, and grip at the INSIDE of the knurling. Really pull back and up and drive from the heels. Try that for a couple reps. Then step out so your feet are wider apart...my feet are almost as far apart as the power rings. Then I grip with my hands almost right over my feet. I feel like I really have to concentrate on getting booty-down.

I should repost that 225x20 clip again, now that I know I can do it. That was fun. Next week, 265. i think I can get 10 easy. It will all depend on my grip, though.

Yes, Maddox is funny for all! I love the "civil disobedience" graphic in his "safe stance on abortion" rant. Why do I think it's so funny?

Here at the U of I, our school's symbol is Chief Illiniwek. As far as I know, the Illini Indians (sorry, Native Americans for any PC monitoring...) got killed off by other N.A. tribes (no, the tribes were not naturally aspirated, for all you gearheads) and so there aren't any of them left. So we have this dude as our symbol. They have a student who learns this dance, which is some form of "fancy dancing", and probably not an "authentic" Illini dance, since they're all friggin' dead, and his costume is evidently that of a Plains Indian, not a Great Lakes Indian or wtf, as you know, I am not a history major. He dances at halftime of men's football and basketball games.

And you would think from the reaction of some of these people that they were being asked to eat broken glass when you mention the Chief around them. Good freaking grief, get out the Preparation H. How some people go through life with permanently chapped anuses is a mystery to me.

These people have some kind of pointless protest every year where they try to get the university to eliminate the Chief as our symbol. The school's chancellor (who got paid $324,000 a year while I am gettin just over $20K to do original research) was in with them from the very beginning. She is leaving. Yay! Ding dong, the...um. moving on.

The last vote they took on this campus (which is most likely a more leftist place than the rest of this state, being a university campus and all) showed that 69% of the people wanted to retain him. I did not have a chance to go to the polls, since I was busy working. But these people do this every year.

This year they all went to Swanlun, the administration building, and had a sit-in. I interpret "sit-in" as "candyass person with candyass major who has candyass assignments that don't require any work and would you be liking some fries with that Happy Meal, sir", since these people obviously have nothing better to do.

My feelings are deep. But I am peeved that the UIUC police department, which was evidently acting on advice from our lame-duck chancellor, can't just throw their sorry asses out for trespassing. They blocked the entrance to the building so people couldn't get in. Sadly, Swanlund is useless enough that it doesn't affect the university much. And that's all ok, everything is great. What would happen if I tried to block the entrances to, say, the engineering library? What would happen if somebody was blocking the door to my building, trying to prevent me from getting in to finish a doctorate, while singing "We Shall Overcome"? let's see. If your guess was that I would ask nicely and then proceed to beat the living daylights out of said person, you would be correct.

They're all fighting the man! YEAH! But wait! They're all from the ethnic group I would call "crack-*** crackers". Don't you have anything better to do? No homework? No job? No research to be doing?

This place is like PCU, absolutely no friggin joke. There is another group, the GEO, about whom I could rant for hours. Let's leave it at this...they desire redistribution of my research money to subsidize their extra children and their grad school careers.

Argh!!! That picture sums up my feelings. The first person who tries to prevent me from getting into my lab to get work done will be the honorary recipient of the Boot In The Head Award, immediately followed by investiture in the Flying Hippie Society. Let's have a democratic vote and call it done, eh? Oh, wait, we did that and people voted to retain the Chief! "Well, those results are just not accurately showing what people think..." Yes, and this boot is only making contact with your *** in the existential sense.

1. Take a shower.
2. Get a job.
3. Do some homework.
4. Try doing something useful, really useful, with your pathetic life.
5. Look up "logic", "vote", and "democracy" in the library.

If this was a big deal and violating a bunch of civil rights, I'm sure the federal government would step in.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:36 PM
Fireproof should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Whoa - he's back! Look forward to keeping up with your journal, bro!

The one good thing about winter is deadlifting in sweat pants to protect the shins. But now, we'll all have to just shed a little bit of blood. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2004, 09:43 PM
Olympia Champion

Dancing Indians = good stuff.
Closed Thread