Sage's MOSTLY Cutting Diet & Training Journal - Critiques Welcome! - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 11:49 AM
sage63 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Sage\'s MOSTLY Cutting Diet & Training Journal - Critiques Welcome!

RE-EDITED INTRO: <font color="red"> Okay - I've been reading more and am learning enough to clean things up and still improve along the way. Thanks to the help of all of you, I am really trying to understand this whole "DIET" thing a lot better. This is almost the hardest (if not THE hardest) part about BBing!! Please read my journal and make comments/suggestions - that is how I'll learn! I'll be following the 12-week program as it is a little less hardcore and will help me ease into this new way of eating.</font>

My Goals are:
THIS BODY!!

* Bench Press my weight
* Build a better butt through clean eating and hard work!
* Legs to get more cut - more diet and exercise!
* Abs - see above! cut! cut! cut!

I would also like to work on rounding my delts, building up my chest a bit more and continue to work on the back - and of course the abs (see above!)

My current split is:
M/W/F - Alternating Upper and Lower+Abs Split
T/TH/Sa - Run 4-6 miles/Sa - long run of 8-12 miles

<font color="red"> Soon to change split to:
M: chest &amp; back
T: run 4-6 m
W: legs &amp; abs
TH: run 4-6
F: shoulders/bi/tri
SA: run 8-12
SU: OFF </font>

Daily Supplements:
Multi-Vitamin
B-Complex
C - 1000mg
E - 400 i.u.
Alpha Lipoic Acid - 100mg
Zinc - 65mg
Magnesium - 400mg
MSM - 100mg
Chromium Picolinate - 200mg
Digestive Enzymes

DAY 1:

So far today I had a slice of cake for breakfast. My bad! I've been messing with organizing my office and working on getting my wireless router networking all of my computers so I didn't even stop for the mid a.m. meal - but after that cake....I don't feel like I need the extra calories.

On the plus side...I did eat an awesome grilled salmon fillet last night with steamed broccoli and a whole wheat roll.

Well - that is is for now. Hopefully I can post some better news later.
Old 04-24-2004, 11:52 AM
Boka should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Default Re: Sage\'s \"I Picked A Bad Day to Start A Journal\" Journal

Sage good luck in you goals, they are all dualbe and you will get to them! BTW I love the title of your journal! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Certified Personal Trainer
Certified Kettlebell Instructor
Level 1 Crossfit Instructor
Old 04-24-2004, 11:54 AM
Syddles should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Hehe... it's great to see you're starting a journal! Lots of people are starting journals here. Kinda makes me want to start a new one myself. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Good luck sage! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2004, 11:58 AM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

LOL! At least you are honest with yourself about your diet, Sage! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Best of luck with your goals! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Kinda makes me want to start a new one myself.

[/ QUOTE ]
HA HA, Syd! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 04-24-2004, 11:55 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Nothing better to report diet wise today. Went to see Hidalgo w/ the family and ate movie popcorn. Then we finished up the b.day cake tonight. At least now it is outta here. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Things I did right: Ran my 6 mile hills course w/ my sis. She is faster than me and pushed me to close to a 9 min pace. Very challenging but rewarding (once done!)

Took all my vitamins so I get a checkmark in that dept. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Challenges: tomorrow I'm helping host a baby shower and am bringing strawberries and chocolate fondue. I need to keep a photo of Maggie Diubaldo (my goal body) on my forehead to keep the ultimate goal in mind. Hard body beats Chocolate! My new mantra. I will say it over and over! Pray for me!

Old 04-25-2004, 10:31 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Sunday:

Rest day for exercise.

Weight was up 2.5lbs after the celebrating (136.5). The party's over! I ate better today. Yeah!

M1: 1 c cooked oatmeal w/ 1 Tbsp Nat PB and SF syrup

M2: 1/2 EAS Choc/PB Protein bar (btw Sunday School &amp; Church) - had to split it with my "needy" DH (Ha!)

M3: 2 Slices lean turkey breast on ww roll, At baby shower: strawberries, grape tomatoes, baby carrots and a few wheat thins - ate NO chocolate fondue, cake, cookies or punch. Whew! PTL!

M4: Spinach salad w/ grilled salmon sliced on top, red bell pepper, broccoli, 1/2 c wild rice w/ almonds, 1 Tbsp flax oil w/ cider vinegar and Mrs Dash as salad dressing. Yummy!

M5: 1/2 c 1% cottage cheese w/ splenda, sugar free jello

Am going to bed to curl up with a ton of articles I've printed off of this site! Can't wait to read up and get the hang of all this. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] DH is slowly coming on board with me. That is cool! He's reading the articles after me and asking questions. Now if I could just get him into the gym!!
Old 04-26-2004, 12:57 AM
Syddles should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Whaaaa.... no protein in meal one?! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] You at least need some egg whites in there hun. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2004, 07:29 AM
Light-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
Whaaaa.... no protein in meal one?! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] You at least need some egg whites in there hun. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooops! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] You are right!! Thanks! I'll get it in there today. Thanks for stopping by and helping, Syd! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2004, 01:18 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Default Sage\'s MOSTLY Cutting Journal

MONDAY WORKOUT:
Upper Body 8:30 - 10:00 (too much chatting today - w/o partner was catching up w/ everyone over the weekend's activities)
Must move faster on Friday!

warm up - 3 sets/12 full-body pushups on the medicine ball

Chest: 3/12 flat bench @ 95lbs / 3/12 incline bench @ 65lbs
Back: 3/12 V-handle cable row @ 55lbs / 3/12 Freemotion Cable Lat Pulldowns @ 70lbs
Shoulders: 6 static lateral raises (count to 20) 8lb dbs / 3/12 upright rows @ 35lb bb / 3/12 rear delt machine @ 20lbs
Alternating Bi/Tri semi-supersets:
Bis: 3/12 incline hammer curls @ 12lb dbs / Tris: 3/12 parallel bar dips (unassist)
Bis: 3/12 ez curl bb curls @ 30lbs / Tris: 3/12 overhead rope extensions @ 60lbs

MEALS:

Vitamin Supplements: check!
Water: Check! (in the form of AZ Instant Diet Green Tea)

M#1: 1 c cooked oatmeal, 1 Tbsp Nat PB, 1/2 egg + 2 whites

M#2: PWO EAS Protein Bar (26pg) - waiting for my whey protein too come in the mail!

M#3: Spinach salad w/ 1/2 c rice pilaf (wild and white rice w/ almonds &amp; green onions - this is leftover from the weekend), salmon, red pepper, grape tomatoes, dressing made from 1 tsp flax oil + cider vinegar &amp; Mrs Dash, bag mixed veggies (broccoli, carrot, cauliflower) steamed and sprayed w/ Braggs Liquid Aminos

M#4: EAS Protein Bar (I know...too many in one day...don't know what to do here mid-afternoon)

M#5: Grilled Turkey Mignon (41pg), 1/2 c rice pilaf w/ spinach, Mixed Veggies (see above), grilled red pepper &amp; onion w/ olive oil and roasted garlic

M#6: 1/2 c 1% Cottage Cheese w/ splenda and cinnamon, SF Jello
Old 04-26-2004, 08:46 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Sage\'s MOSTLY Cutting Journal

Re: above - I worry that I've eaten too much today to lose weight. It seems like a LOT of food and I'm very full. My workout today was very good except for too long and too much talking. My wo partner was having to relay her weekend's tennis tourn. outcome to many interested parties so it put us behind. On the plus, I worked really hard and the 95lbs bench is getting easier. Can't wait to move up to 100lbs! Hopefully before I go to the beach in mid May. And I did my dips unassisted for the first time today....all 3 sets of 12 reps. I just "felt it" that I could do it and I did. That was GREAT! Now if I could EVER do a real pull-up, I'd be really impressed with myself. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Closed Thread