JerseyGirl on a mission - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 08:07 AM
JerseyGirl should change his/her status!

Default JerseyGirl on a mission

<font color="blue">I'm jumping in to this with both feet. I found a website (www.rachelcosgrove.com) with a picture of a woman on it that blew me away. Rachel Cosgrove is a beautiful woman!

Ok, so I'm 40 years old & will probably not be able to look like that but I sure can try!

So, I have decided that I want her body. I know the only way for me to achieve that is to train hard & eat right. I will have my husband take pictures of me tonight before we work out which I will post to my web page over the weekend. I will also take my measurements. I'll post those tomorrow.

I absolutely need to clean up my eating--mostly just tweaking. Surprisingly enough. I need to eat more & stay away from the coffee house in the morning. LOL

Last night I worked my legs. Here's what I did...

Tall box step ups --10 reps@15 lb dumbbells & 2 sets of 10@20 lb dummbells -- the dumbbells really pulled on my arms & I can't raise them to put them on my shoulders, I may try using my bar on my shoulders next time.

Leg curls 10 reps@30 lbs & 2 sets of 10@25 lbs

Squats 3 sets of 10@68 lbs (my bar weighs 13 lbs)

Inner thigh squats 3 sets of 10@68 lbs & 4 static holds

Lunges 3 sets of 10@48 lbs

I also did some ab work.

I was already showered before I realized I had not done my calves. Oh well, next time. LOL

I didn't eat very well yesterday so I won't even list that. Today is going to be a better day.

I'm going to do some cardio this afternoon--35-40 minutes of high intensity stepping ala Cathe Friedrich. I plan to do cardio 2 times a week, no more than 40 minutes at a pop.

Stats as I know them today...

40 years old in May
5'6"
145 lbs (butt naked & first thing in the AM)

As time progresses & I post more information, I look forward to comments from all you hardcore trainers.
</font>

1 Cor 6:19&20 (AMP) Do you not know that your body is the temple (the very sanctuary) of the Holy Spirit Who lives within you, Whom you have received [as a Gift] from God? You are not your own, (20)You were bought with a price [purchased with a preciousness and paid for, made His own]. So then, honor God and bring glory to Him in your body.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:23 AM
PurposeDriven26 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: JerseyGirl on a mission

Hey, that's a pretty cool idea posting a picture of your goal at the top of your journal, I might have to do that to mine too.
Good luck with any stairs that you come across today! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Jeremy
Also known as JrDouglas24
Old 04-06-2004, 10:31 AM
RobCannella is Tired, but still standing.
Light-Heavyweight

congrats on the commitment. Sound slike a good legday too. Im a guy and I still use a pic of a girl as motivation. I would love to have lisa lowes arms and delts.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:34 AM
babeintraining should change his/her status!

It's so cool that you have a journal going!
And I wouldn't mind looking a little like her!
Keep it up!
Old 04-08-2004, 11:58 AM

<font color="blue">
She's a babe, isn't she?! I'm going to try. I actually can see that I'm making progress though I haven't lost much weight. I noticed that my stomach doesn't stick out over my work out pants as much as it used to (a little pooch). That's a start!

I haven't taken pictures or my measurements. BUT I have worked out harder than I ever have.

Tuesday's workout was...

Biceps

Barbell curls 10 reps@33 lbs, 2 sets of 7 reps@33 lbs (I increased my weight 5 lbs from last workout & this was a killer for me!)

Rotation curls 3 sets of 10@15 lbs each

Preacher Curls 3 sets of 10@ 12 lbs each

Hammer Curls 3 sets of 10@12 lbs each

(I think, I have to check my log at home --if this isn't correct, I'll update it tomorrow)

Triceps

Dumbbell Kickbacks 1 set of 10@10 lbs, 2 sets of 10 @ 12 lbs

Lying Dumbbell Extensions 3 sets of 10@10 lbs

One arm overhead extensions 3 sets of 10@ 15 lbs

Tricep Dips 3 sets of 16 reps--time to put a plate in my lap!

Delts I get a stabbing pain in my right delt (area) so I keep it lighter but still challenge myself.

Bent Arm Side Lateral 3 sets of 10@8 lbs

Barbell pull-ups 3 sets of 10@28 lbs

Arnold Presses 3 sets of 10@10 lbs

Not too shabby!

My eating needs a lot of work. I don't eat like ya'll do. I eat a lot of protein, but not enough vegis. And probably not enought. I don't do the supplement thing -- yet. I keep saying I'm going to go to Vitamin Shoppe & buy some flax & stuff but I haven't made it there yet. I'm trying, though.

Today, so far I have had steel cut oatmeal for breakfast. I had 5 oz of boneless, skinless chicken breast & lots of water. I've had some carrots. I need to have more vegis, I know. I just didn't plan ahead too well today. I'm doing tacos for dinner--made with 97% lean ground beef, rinsed after browning. Lots of vegis & only 1 shell. I will also have a MetRx shake later. Chocolate. MMMMM!

Yesterday, I did 35 minutes of step cardio with VERY light weights (Cathe Friedrich's Cardio & Weights tape). I like to do that because I can't run, it hurts my knees. If I keep the impact low on stepping, I'm ok with that. But it gets boring so using the light weights of these types of workouts, I keep my heartrate up without getting bored.

I don't know if I will workout tonight or not. I have a cold (poor baby) and feel like crap--no energy. If I can muster the energy, I will do chest & back. I won't work out if I feel like crap, though.

Comments welcome! </font>

1 Cor 6:19&20 (AMP) Do you not know that your body is the temple (the very sanctuary) of the Holy Spirit Who lives within you, Whom you have received [as a Gift] from God? You are not your own, (20)You were bought with a price [purchased with a preciousness and paid for, made His own]. So then, honor God and bring glory to Him in your body.
Old 04-08-2004, 12:01 PM

Rob, I just checked out Lisa Lowe's website. HUBBA HUBBA! I want to look like her, too!

Old 04-09-2004, 06:37 AM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

Nice goal. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Good luck, JerseyGirl!
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 04-09-2004, 07:46 AM
LegendaryWatcher should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Best of luck in your pursuits. That is an awesome goal. I am a firm believer in anything is attainable if your heart is in the right place. You can do it!!! Work hard and before you know it you will be there.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:31 AM

<font color="blue"> Well, I did manage to work out last night. And actually did pretty well. Here's what I did...

Back
Cable Pull Downs--3 sets of 10@40 lbs
Barbell Rows--3 sets of 10@43 lbs
Dumbbell Rows--3 sets of 10 w/20 lb dumbbell

Chest

Barbell Bench Press--3 sets of 10@48 lbs--my chest is smokin' today!
Inclined Dumbbell Presses--3 sets of 10@15 lbs
Dumbbell Flies--3 sets of 10@15 lbs

Did I say that my barbell bar only weighs 13 lbs (I weighed it LOL) which is how I come up with "funky" weights.

3 sets of 10 pushups on a decline

I'm lifting really slowly--sort of the slow burn effect. It's really making my muslces sore! I'm loving the feeling.

Tonight, if I have time before church (Good Friday & all), I hope to do some cardio. If not, I'll do that & my legs tomorrow. YIKES!

</font>

Old 04-12-2004, 07:46 AM

I'm fighting a cold or allergies (can't decide which). I feel like garbage & when I take a deep breath, I start to wheeze. So, I haven't worked out since Thursday. I hope to get back on it tonight but we'll see how I feel when I get home from work.

Closed Thread