Dearheart's Training Journal ~ Comments Welcome - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 12:59 PM
dearheart should change his/her status!

Default Dearheart\'s Training Journal ~ Comments Welcome

<font color="green"> </font> Well, I'm going to begin. I really like this idea since I journal in general already. I'll need to take some time and read what other's journal but I wanted to begin.

We've just had Thanksgiving here in Canada and I was determined not to gain weight and I did it! Actually some of my measurements when a smidge down! I'm loving it!

My husband and I are gearing up to start Body Rx again. Cycle 1 is focused on building strength so the sets and reps are short, but the pounds are heavy. (3 sets of 6 reps)
Going to failure. I will lift 4 days a week and add a day of cardio (not required on BRX).

The nutrition is 1g of protein per body weight, 30 g of fiber and 2 g carbs per body weight. The carbs are a maximum... i don't want to hit 288g of carbs each day. This time around I want to limit my fruit and get most of my fiber through legumes and veggies. I've read the article on hardcore fat burning cycle and I think brx is very close.

I am also going to stop the old fashioned peanut butter for awhile. it was the one thing I still held onto through Brx. I'm going to let it go for now. 11 weeks until Christmas and I want to have to get new clothes. :-)

This will be my routine:
Sunday -Rest
Monday - Chest &amp; Biceps
Tuesday - Cardio
Wednesday -Back &amp; Triceps
Thursday -Legs
Friday - Rest
Saturday -Shoulders and Abs

I will also be sure to warm up my shoulders and knees now (recovering from some strain) and I'd also like to continue doing my yoga stretching half hour morning and evening.

Mentally I feel I am ready. God has been taking me on a soul journey and He has given me some tools and insights into some of my weaknesses. he has shown me the pride of thinking I can eat whatever I want when I KNOW that because of PCOS my risks of heart disease, diabetes and cancer have all gone up. It is selfish of me to treat my body in such a way that could increase my risks of those things, thus leaving my wonderful husband and precious son behind.... or just leaving them with an unhealthy mom...not good... and not worth it. I am discovering some self-discipline in me. So much of this is mental. I am learning.... always learning.

Fitday Tracking

28 yrs old
5'3"
April '03~~~Nov '04
159lbs~~~~~~~~130 lbs
23.2%BF~~~~~~16-18%
chest 38
waist 37.5"~~~30
hips 42" ~~ 38.5
bicep ~~~~~~~~~12
upper thigh 24"~~~21"

Old 10-14-2003, 01:57 PM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Default Re: Dearheart\'s Training Journal

i look forward to reading your journal! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2003, 04:29 PM

Thanks soccerchick. I've had a chance to read some journals now... i will post my weights, reps etc...

Today, Tuesday I did 25 minutes on elliptical trainer
Tonight I will do 30 minutes of yoga stretching.. .man I really enjoy that! I look forward to it morning and evening. I also like the DVD I got b/c it doesn't have the middle eastern meditation... it is just stretching and breathing.... I love it!

I'm noticing on my Fitday tracking that I need to cut some stuff out again... since taking a brief break from BRX I've added some more proccessed foods to the cupboard. I will amend this. grrrr.. my stomach is growling...time to feed the muscle!

28 yrs old
5'3"
April '03~~~Nov '04
159lbs~~~~~~~~130 lbs
23.2%BF~~~~~~16-18%
chest 38
waist 37.5"~~~30
hips 42" ~~ 38.5
bicep ~~~~~~~~~12
upper thigh 24"~~~21"

Old 10-15-2003, 12:51 PM

I'm feeling good today. I believe i can do this. I will see results!

Last night at small group I didn't have any cookies I had an apple! yes! Self-disciple in happening in me. Thank God! it's amazing how having these small successes help me with the next choices. This morning I had the cherrios and Fiber 1 out on the table... thought about it and got out the oatmeal instead... oatmeal, SF syrup, splenda and 1/2 of a banana. I also made myself and egg muffin...egg, sourdough english muffin, low fat cheddar cheese... I thought about butter, but I didn't do it. it is possible for me to make good choices. I'm actually beginning to believe in myself.... with God's grace... the fruit of the Spirit is love, peace....self-control! I'm beginning to understand. As I surrender to God, He enables me. it's not will power... I've tried that and failed miserably....but I'm surrendering to Him...asking for His Spirit to help me...and look! self-control is blooming! This is so exciting for me. I can do this!

It feels so good to have my clothes getting looser!

This is what we did: we were getting used to form so weights were pretty light
Deadlifts
10x6 20x6 40x6 80x6
Seated Goodmornings
40x6 56x6 56x6 56x6
Bent over one arm DB row
20x6 25x6 25x6

Tricep French Presses
20x6 20x6 20x6
Decline Extensions
10x6 15x6 10x6

So it's a beginning. my shoulder did well through it all. I'm so pleased. It feels great to get back to lifting. I've really missed it!

3 sets of 6 ---- lifting heavy so that on the 3rd set i can't complete the 6th rep

28 yrs old
5'3"
April '03~~~Nov '04
159lbs~~~~~~~~130 lbs
23.2%BF~~~~~~16-18%
chest 38
waist 37.5"~~~30
hips 42" ~~ 38.5
bicep ~~~~~~~~~12
upper thigh 24"~~~21"

Old 10-19-2003, 01:37 PM

Well, last week didn't go according to my plan with the exercises. I was able to get three days of exercise in... back/triceps, elliptical trainer, stretching... all on different days. Combined with fairly good eating it has made a difference. Wy waist and hip measurements are down again! Yippee!

This week will be better. I've had to start a new medication treating my PCOS so I've been feeling sick the last couple days. I'm hoping it won't take too long for my body to adjust.

I am continuing to make better choices with food though. Yeah!

Looking forward to a better week, getting back into lifting regularly.

28 yrs old
5'3"
April '03~~~Nov '04
159lbs~~~~~~~~130 lbs
23.2%BF~~~~~~16-18%
chest 38
waist 37.5"~~~30
hips 42" ~~ 38.5
bicep ~~~~~~~~~12
upper thigh 24"~~~21"

Old 10-21-2003, 11:41 AM

This morning I woke up at a wonderful 142lbs. Just a month ago I was 149. The lbs are melting away.

I did 10 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical for the first time. Wow! It was great...really opened my lungs up.

After HIIT I did 30 minutes of yoga stretching.. how relaxing after the cario! I felt so refreshed.

Tonight is Chest/Biceps.

28 yrs old
5'3"
April '03~~~Nov '04
159lbs~~~~~~~~130 lbs
23.2%BF~~~~~~16-18%
chest 38
waist 37.5"~~~30
hips 42" ~~ 38.5
bicep ~~~~~~~~~12
upper thigh 24"~~~21"

Old 10-21-2003, 11:56 AM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

[ QUOTE ]
This morning I woke up at a wonderful 142lbs. Just a month ago I was 149. The lbs are melting away.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice work, Dearheart! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 10-22-2003, 01:37 AM

Tonight was chest/Biceps
BB Press
76x3 60x6 70x6
Incline BB Press
50x6 50x6 50x6
Incline Chest DB Fly
20x6 20x6 20x6 20# each hand
DB Bicep Curl
22.5x4 22.5x4 22.4x5
Preacher Curl
17.5x4 17.5x4 17.5x4

After spending hours researching this site for new exercises to change things up we decided to go back to what we know with just a couple changes.... ugh! it's frustrating sometimes. We workout at home, in our basement with limited space and equipment. I have to remember to focus on the positive things.... thankfully we do have enough equipment to work out at home and I've got a great workout partner. It's been over 6 weeks since we lifted anyway so I figure doing the stuff we did before will still be enough of a shock to our system. just disappointing after all the time I spent on finding new exercises. Ugh! Well, we did our workout at least.

28 yrs old
5'3"
April '03~~~Nov '04
159lbs~~~~~~~~130 lbs
23.2%BF~~~~~~16-18%
chest 38
waist 37.5"~~~30
hips 42" ~~ 38.5
bicep ~~~~~~~~~12
upper thigh 24"~~~21"

Old 10-23-2003, 12:29 AM

Today's workout:
AM yoga stretching for 30 minutes
PM 45 min Back/Tris
Deadlift
85x6 85x6 85x6
Seated Good Mornings
60x6 60x6 60x6
One Arm DB Row
25x6 30x6 30x6
French Press
25x6 25x6 25x6
Decline Extension
10x6 15x6 15x6

I'm feeling like I's starting to get the hang of things... which increases my confidence, which will help me to lift heavier next time. Wa-hoo!

28 yrs old
5'3"
April '03~~~Nov '04
159lbs~~~~~~~~130 lbs
23.2%BF~~~~~~16-18%
chest 38
waist 37.5"~~~30
hips 42" ~~ 38.5
bicep ~~~~~~~~~12
upper thigh 24"~~~21"

Old 10-24-2003, 03:54 PM

Last night I went to the gym for Leg day

smith machine squats - getting form down and finding the right weight
40x6 70x6 90x6 110x6
hamstring press
70x6 110x6 160x6
leg extension
80x6 90x6 90x6
squat calf raises
70x6 90x6 90x6
standing calf raises
110x6 130x6 130x6

overall I felt good about the workout.... i didn't feel as exhausted as previous times when I've done the leg press machine. Next time I'll lift heavier...now that I'm getting more comfortable with form. I am sore today so that's good

I really enjoyed my stretching this morning!

28 yrs old
5'3"
April '03~~~Nov '04
159lbs~~~~~~~~130 lbs
23.2%BF~~~~~~16-18%
chest 38
waist 37.5"~~~30
hips 42" ~~ 38.5
bicep ~~~~~~~~~12
upper thigh 24"~~~21"

Closed Thread