[Insert catchy title here!] - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 01:58 PM
Syddles should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Default Re: The split

Hello Tanuki! I'm glad to see you finally registered and started a journal! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, you need to lower your intake of whey. If I'm not mistaken you are taking it around 8 times daily (sometimes 1/2 scoops).

Add oatmeals to the first meal and if I was you, I would post that diet "in Depth of the Nutrition" forum, so that some knowing people can help you. Way too many meals in my eyes and you need to get your cals/prots more natural way..right now it's a whey way!

And yah, the volume is way too low :/ Post the weight you use as well!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good advice Vladde! Definitely post your diet in the nutrition forum if you haven't already. Everyone can help you out there. You definitely need more whole foods; the cereal is too processed.

As for protein... that's a little too much whey. Egg whites are a great protein source. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2004, 03:55 PM
Tanuki is back!
Middleweight

Default Re: The diet

I just wanted to point out that during my normal meals I am not having JUST whey. I am having a regular whole food me followed by a whey "chaser". Read this article. ---> Clicky. It was what convinced me to give this method a try.
Old 03-28-2004, 04:11 PM
Tanuki is back!
Middleweight

Here are my workouts from the past week, just to give everybody an idea of where I am at.

MONDAY- CHEST AND BICEPS
Incline DB ppress 1 X 5 @ 90, 1 X 4 @ 90, 1 x 3 @ 90
Flat DB bench press 1 X 5 @ 85, 1 X 3 @ 85
Weighted dips 1 X 4 @ 55
BB Curls 2 X 5 @ 125
DB curls 1 X 5 @ 60
Cable curls 1 X 5 @ 170

TUESDAY- LEGS
Deep squats 3 X 6 @ 275 (need to up the weight)
Leg press 1 X 4 @ 625, 1 X 6 @ 535, 1 X 6 @ 570 (need to up the weight here also)
SLDL 1 X 6 @ 225, 1 X 5 @ 225

WEDNESDAY- BACK AND TRICEPS
Pulldowns 1 X 6 @ 15, 2 X 4 @ 16 (the stack is numbered with the poundages unfortunately)
Pullups 1 X 6 @ BW, 1 X 5 @ BW
T-Bar rows 2 X 5 @ 115
Lying DB triceps extensions 1 X 5 @ 60, 1 X 3 @ 60
Pressdowns 1 X 6 @ 200+3 added little weights, 1 X 5 (same), 1 X 4 (same) (I need to start performing these on the pulldown machine since I am using the whole stack)

THURSDAY- Got sick [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

FRIDAY- SHOULDERS AND TRAPS
Seated DB shoulder presses 1 X 5 @ 70, 1 X 3 @ 70
Side lateral raises 1 X 6 @ 35, 1 X 5 @ 40
Bent over rear lateral raises 1 X 5 @ 60 (need lower weight, not enough control)
Rear delt machine 1 X 5 @ 130+2 added little weights
BB shrugs 1 X 6 @ 275, 1 X 5 @ 275, 1 X 4 @ 275
Old 03-28-2004, 04:13 PM
ironteen rich should change his/her status!
National Champion

Only 3 exercises for legs??? [img]/forum/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2004, 04:34 PM
Tanuki is back!
Middleweight

Well, I have been doing those exercises along with leg extensions and leg curls in the past weeks, but like I said, I am experimenting right now. May add another set of squats. I think sticking to basics may yield the best results as far as strength and overall mass goes. Time will tell my friend! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2004, 04:49 PM
mr.selfdestruct should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Interesting read - I think LAM (another user here) utilises this "whey chaser" that you have in your diet, and he certainly seems to know what he is doing. How long is this bulk going to last, and when can we expect updated pics?
Old 03-28-2004, 04:54 PM
Tanuki is back!
Middleweight

Hmmm, well, I dunno if I'd call this a bulk. Like I said, I've never really went on a traditional bulk. I've more or less maintained the same BF% over the past couple of years. This is the most calories I have ever consumed though, so maybe it is a bulk? [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]n Hehe I dunno. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I am actually hoping a can drop just a little bit of fat over the next several weeks, but we'll see. I may have to lower my cals and up my cardio.

I'll post some updated pics Monday and Tuesday, though right now there are some in the Pictures forum.
Old 03-28-2004, 08:08 PM
XxTmL should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Hey why not switch thursday with wednesday, isnt doing chest legs and back in a row a little too catabolic?
Old 03-28-2004, 09:12 PM
Tanuki is back!
Middleweight

Well, I'm not worried about it being catabolic, but I think I may switch the days just to give my body a bit of a break during the week. Thanks for the idea! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2004, 10:06 PM
Tanuki is back!
Middleweight

Default Diet change

Hey everybody. I've been doing some thinking and I have reluctantly decided to do away with my cheat day. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Instead I will allow myself to have one or two cheat meals over the weekend. A whole cheat day is just too counter-productive considering my goals.
Closed Thread