Journey to the Ms. Galaxy: Where a Hard Woman Is Good To Find! - Page 4 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 12:13 PM
Frenchie should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: Journey to the Ms. Galaxy: Where a Hard Woman Is Good To Find!

[ QUOTE ]
I had a young woman come up to me after the deadlifts and tell me I had the best legs she has ever seen on a woman and asked what I did for them cause she wants them. When I told her, she had a shocked look on her face. She said she didn't want to be as big as her boyfriend and walked away. These poor young women. Not all, but some still think you can't lift heavy and if you do you'll be "big". If only I knew what I know now when I was in high school.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!! That is so true. How many times do I see women spending hours on the cardio machines and then do 2 minutes of weight lifting with 5lb. DB.... Those are the same ones that you see a year later and that have not improved even slightly in their physique. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

By the way, your workouts are looking great so far! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

"Although others may ask why, you'll never be able to explain adequately. Only someone else with the same passion would understand"

Old 03-23-2004, 12:18 PM
Patyal68 should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
There's a Galaxy competition coming up in Plano, Texas in April I am going to. I'm still thinking if I should wing it and test it out or not.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey... You have to come! ! Plano is around the corner... I'll drag ****** and we'll both root for ya'

Also... keep me posted for the time you come to Fort Worth... I'd really love to meet you.
Old 03-23-2004, 01:46 PM
workhardplayhard should change his/her status!
Rookie

frenchie, I come across that all the time...
It's frustrating because you know when you tell them, they will never do it and next time you see them they'll have that same pair of 5lbs db's. I had another young lady stop me in the locker room on Saturday and ask me alot of questions. What my secret was as if there is one. I saw her doing squats with 2.5 lbs on each side and barely struggling. I told her to throw some weight on there next time. We'll see...I haven't seen her yet this week.

Payal, I would love to meet up with you and ******! It's the weekend of April 16th. I'll be flying in that Thursday and leaving on Sunday. My husband's not going. But I don't think I can compete for this one. I'll be observing.
Can you recommend a good gym?
For the Ft. Worth one, that's not till September. I just checked this morning.

Being strong is like being a lady, if you have to continually tell people you are, you really aren't.
Old 03-23-2004, 02:29 PM
Patyal68 should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
Payal, I would love to meet up with you and ******! It's the weekend of April 16th. I'll be flying in that Thursday and leaving on Sunday. My husband's not going. But I don't think I can compete for this one. I'll be observing.
Can you recommend a good gym?
For the Ft. Worth one, that's not till September. I just checked this morning.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can get you a free pass to 24 hours for the time you are here and we can workout together... how would you like that? Let's exchange details by e-mail [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2004, 02:58 PM
Rookie

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] I don't know whether to be happy or intimdated! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sounds good!

Being strong is like being a lady, if you have to continually tell people you are, you really aren't.
Old 03-23-2004, 03:03 PM
Rookie

I'll be posting my bf in the next day or 2. We have the calipers and the article from ABC. And eventually my diet. Doesn't look too pretty right now.

We have stand up martial arts tonight. Kicking, punching. Last time I heard my husband wimper when I did a roundhouse kick to the pads. So I must be getting better!
Also, practicing climbing the rope (w/o the use of my legs), and dips are on the agenda.

Old 03-23-2004, 03:39 PM
junfan68 should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] I don't know whether to be happy or intimdated! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Sounds good!

[/ QUOTE ]

Count me in...and I might have to bring along Chad the Manchild to increase the level of freakyness. We'll be like "get out of our way people, comin' thru!"
Old 03-23-2004, 04:12 PM
Rookie

Ah oh....what did I get myself into! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Ok, but don't get mad if I start curling as much as you ******! I'm nice and sweet, but once the ball cap is on, it's no more nice girl. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2004, 01:13 AM
Syddles should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Somehow I missed this journal. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Your workouts are solid, and you look GREAT in your pics! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I look forward to following your journal. ^_^
Old 03-24-2004, 09:25 AM
Rookie

So I showed up at the jailhouse yesterday evening after purchasing some gloves and when I got there, discovered there were 2 right-handed gloves! So I didn't get to climb that darn rope. Overall, it was a crappy evening. Wasn't strong at all on my dips. But we did put some ankle weights on while kicking and when we took those off, WOW! Did the same for punching. But all that was on my mind was food! Knew I should of ate beforehand...

Anyways, today was back and bicep day. I'm about as strong as I'm ever going to get on all my exercises so starting next week, I'll be dropping my weights slightly and doing more squeeeeezing and stretching with higher reps and more rest pauses. I need to bring more details out. Focusing mainly on my upper body, my legs will take care of itself once I can get on the track more regularly. Hopefully tonight! It's going to be around 60 today but rainy. I'll go buy a poncho. Plus, I'll be getting away from doing so many exercies on my chest and triceps and focusing on dips and push-ups. I've been reading the book on how to train for the Galaxy and I guess I need to focus on my pulling muscles, so that means back and biceps. Plus, the judges would rather see a nicely muscled back than chest. And I need to bring my peak out on my bicep more.

BACK
warm-up
pull-ups (wide grip) 2 sets x 6, 2nd set is with knees up and elbows in. (oh, I'm already feeling these!)
chin-ups 1 set x 8

pull-downs (I think I got this ss from Payal)
wide-grip behind neck ss front close grip ss reverse close grip

75# x 6, 75# x 6, 75# x 6
90# x 5, 90# x 4, 90# x 6
105# x 4, 105# x 3, 105# x 5 *husband helped on a few*

rows (1 drop set)
105# x ?
90 x ?
75 x ?
60 x ?
45 x ? starting squeezing more here
30 x ?

bent over rows to below belly button
4 negatives w/ 90# then burn out with 30# (didn't go heavy enough to feel it)
2 sets 4 negatives w/ 100# burn out with 50# (yeah, now I feel it!)

BICEPS
incline alternate curls (keeping 1 arm up squeezing while other is in motion)
25# x ? (oops, I forgot to count on these)
20# x 6
15# x 8

preachers
1 set forced negatives with just bar.
wide grip, then close grip
3 back to back sets forced 21 negatives, 1st set close grip, 2nd set wide grip, 3rd set medium grip
*I hated my husband after this set. He wouldn't let me quit*

reverse high pulley cable curls
80# x 10 2 sets to forehead
last INSANE set:
60# x ? behind head 5 sec pause at peak
drop 50#, drop 40#, drop 30#
70# holding till I couldn't hold anymore then
60# holding till I couldn't hold anymore then
50# holding till I couldn't hold anymore

Whew! Time to shower and have a protein shake!

Closed Thread