teak's journal - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 09:39 PM
teak should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Default teak\'s journal

Well, here is my brand new (and first) online journal. I decided to re-organize my workout schedule and muscle groups and also split on 4 days instead of 3.

I'm basicly going to do that for about two months to gain lean mass and after that I will start again my burning fat diet and also concentrate my efforts on cutting.

Sunday : Chest/Triceps
Monday : rest
Tuesday : Shoulder/Back/Traps
Wednesday : Biceps/Forearms
Thursday : Legs/Abs
Friday : rest
Saturday : rest

<font color="red">*** EDIT : My bulking will last almost 4 months, I don't know how to count for some reason ... it should be done by Mai 11th.

My goal is to reach 195lbs by that date. I am actually increasing my daily calories intake (mostly increasing proteins intake), because I was on a fat losing diet right before. Altho I really eat good things for health because I really don't want to gain back all the fat I have lost in the last 4 months. </font>
Old 01-11-2004, 09:49 PM
Bantamweight

Default Re: teak\'s journal

I just started today with my favorite muscle group which is chest/triceps:

Chest :

Flat dB bench press :
10x65
10x65
9x65
*after every set, 10x25 flat dB flys

Incline dB bench press :
10x50
9x50
7x50
*after every set, 10x20 incline dB flys

Hammerstrenght decline bench press machine (?!?) :
10x90
8x90
6.5x90
(the weight is 90 for each side)

Triceps :

Elbow out extension :
10x20
10x20
10x20
*after every set, 15xdips
**that was the first time I did that exercice, fun but didnt know what weight to lift

Bench Triceps :
10x65
10x65
9x65
*after every set, 15xdips

French Press :
10x50
9x50
6x50 (felt something bad in my shoulder so I stopped)

I also did some abs today, nothing too serious but still worhty.
Old 01-11-2004, 09:54 PM
Patyal68 should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

Glad to see you decided to start your journal. I'll be interested in following up your progress. I would recommend you to get some calipers and monitor your progress based on your bf% Being a guy, working out hard and with a clean diet, bulking only for two months might not be enough to add enough mass. The calipers will help you to track how much lean mass you are putting on, and will also help you not to freak out for the gained pounds. The scale can be so misleading! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Your split looks fine. However, it doesn't look like you are emphasizing any body part. Are you just going to keep a general focus during your bulk? or there are specific areas you want to improve?

Welcome again [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2004, 10:02 PM
Bantamweight

I want to get generaly bigger. Shoulders, back, traps and legs are the least important for the moment.

I work a bit harder on biceps, triceps and chest tho. I have to take an appointment (evaluation) for my bf and other things probly this week or next week. I will give you all the info asap!

Tomorrow is monday, this means no gym [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I am really excited about this new program and I feel like I would go at the gym 7x a week right now :P

[ QUOTE ]
bulking only for two months might not be enough to add enough mass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am currently @ 183lbs and I would like to be @ 187-188lbs after cutting. This means I would need to gain around 7-8 pounds of lean mass. Do you think that's possible in two months?

I really don't want to get huge, I wanna mostly get a bit bigger and cut (good looking and mostly healthy looking)
Old 01-11-2004, 10:49 PM
Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
I want to get generaly bigger. Shoulders, back, traps and legs are the least important for the moment.

I work a bit harder on biceps, triceps and chest tho. <font color="green">Aim for symetry then. If you want to have nice looking bis/tris, then you need to hit your shoulders/delts/traps and back too. And don't forget the forearms. I have a friend whose arms have always been his best asset, but it was more noticeable when he developed his shoulders/delts/traps and back. Additionally, if you are focusing chest, you'll also need to develop your back as it's an opposed muscle group. </font>

I have to take an appointment (evaluation) for my bf and other things probly this week or next week. I will give you all the info asap! <font color="green"> You can also buy your own calipers. Calipers are really cheap (about $5-10 in e-bay). Get the accumeasure brand, it's inexpensive and convenient. You can learn how to use them and get your own stats by yourself here </font>

Tomorrow is monday, this means no gym [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I am really excited about this new program and I feel like I would go at the gym 7x a week right now :P <font color="green"> Well, if you have such high energy levels I would recommend to spread your split to 5 days and 2 days off, that will allow you more intensity. </font>

[ QUOTE ]
bulking only for two months might not be enough to add enough mass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am currently @ 183lbs and I would like to be @ 187-188lbs after cutting. This means I would need to gain around 7-8 pounds of lean mass. Do you think that's possible in two months? <font color="green"> I think you'll need to grow more than just 7-8lbs in a bulk, because when you cut you actually may expect to lose some muscle. The guys will tell better on this. I've only cut once and I'm bulking right now. So, I'll be able to tell for sure about this when I finish my next cut. But you might want to check the picture recently posted in the thread of the female section forum of the "ideal physique". There's this asian lady who bulked up to 154 and cut to 114. Impressive... and she looks great. </font>

I really don't want to get huge, I wanna mostly get a bit bigger and cut (good looking and mostly healthy looking) <font color="green">Well, that's good. However, you might like how you look like when you are at 190, then decide to add some more mass and bulk more. In my opinion, if you are serious about bodybuilding, you might become addictive to improve symetry in different areas each time, equal more mass and more mass... but that will come with time [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-13-2004, 05:15 PM
Bantamweight

Jan 12th and 13th updates :

Yesterday (Jan 12) was my rest day.

Today (Jan 13) was my workout day #2 :

Back :

Hammerstrength (it's like a pulldown)
9x80
10x70
6x70

Hammerstrength (dont reall know how to describe it tho)
10x80
10x80
8x80

Hyperextension
12x25
12x25
12x25

Shoulders :

Shoulder press*
8x50
8x50
7x45 (almost dislocated my shoulder because of the crappy bench)
*each set followed by lat raise 10x25

Uprightrows*
10x85
9x85
5x85

Frontraises
10x50
9x55
8x55

finished with some abs as usual.
Old 01-13-2004, 05:36 PM
Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
Hammerstrength (dont reall know how to describe it tho) <font color="blue">I recommend you to visit the exercise tab and check the exercises there to get the name of the exercise. </font>

Hyperextension
12x25
12x25
12x25
<font color="blue">Were you holding a 25lb plate? or you did this on a machine? If holding a plate, then I suggest to record it as "bw +25" [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] </font>

Shoulder press*

Uprightrows*

Frontraises
10x50
9x55
8x55
<font color="blue"> Those are impressive numbers for the raises. Is that the weight per dumbell or total (for both)? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-13-2004, 06:17 PM
Bantamweight

-it's bw+25 then
-its barbell so it's basicly the bar + 55lbs of weight. its not really heavy but it was my last exercise for the shoulders... :P

****updates : I wrote TWO MONTHS of bulking ... I am actually bulking until the month of may, which gives me almost 4 most ... my bad. I don't know what I had in mind, cant count heheh!!!
Old 01-14-2004, 06:10 PM
Bantamweight

Jan 14th was my day #3 : Biceps day

Incline seat dB curls :
9x45
8x45
10x40
*every sets followed by a 10x50(+bar) preacher curls

Standing Hammers :
14x20 (didnt know what weight to pick)
10x25
9x25

3 sets of standing curls (barbells) :
60x(8,7,5)
no rest
50x(9,9,7)
no rest
40x(7,7,6)
no rest
30x(10,8,7)

dB curls on incline bench
25x10
25x9
25x6

the bi's couldnt take no more after that.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:26 PM
Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
3 sets of standing curls (barbells) :
60x(8,7,5)
no rest
50x(9,9,7)
no rest
40x(7,7,6)
no rest
30x(10,8,7)

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you do all these sets three times? If so, I think those seem a combination of strip and drop sets. I bet it was painful. Some of us record those like this:
60 x 8+7+5 (drop) 50 x 9+9+7 (drop) 40 x 7+7+6 (drop) 30 x 10+8+7 (3 sets)
Another format is: 60/50/40/30 x 8+7+5/ 9+9+8 / 7+7+6 / 10+8+7 (3 sets)

It's a sort of lingo [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Anyway, that looked like a great bicep workout. Since bis are your priority and you are picking some serious weights, you should give it a try to the Animal 8 week program
Closed Thread