Mike's daily diet journal (comments appreciated) - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 10:32 AM
M I K E should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Default Mike\'s daily diet journal (comments appreciated)

Ok, so I'm 15, 5'8", and about 130 pounds. Last time I posted my diet I was told I needed A LOT more. So I'm trying to eat a lot more and post my diet daily. I basically eat all the time unless I'm in school so I can't really catigorize this into meals...because there not. I was feeling sick yesterday and didn't to cardio or weights, but today I will be doing them. Spaces indicate separations between meals, if there are any. So here it is, please tell me what I need to add or take away, oh, and remember I'm a vegetarian [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Whole grain (12 grain) bread with pure jam
Whole grain (12 grain) bread with natural peanut butter
Orange juice
Banana
Water
Multivitamin

Vector bar
Skim milk
Fat free yogurt
2 egg whites
One whole egg
Pear

(I slept here for like 3 hours cause I was sick)

Flax whole grain bread with peanut butter
Water
Calcium supplimented grapefruit juice
Fat free yogurt
Apple
Banana
Flax bread with natural PB and whole wheat germ (whatever that is lol)
Water
Water
Multivitamin

(Dinner)
Indian rice with peas, curds, indian sauce (no clue what it was)
Sweet potatoes (not a lot)
Turnips
Brocculi (not a lot)

Apple
Banana
Yogurt
Cereal with oats, fruit, and seeds
Pear

Ok, so thats day one. I'm trying to gain muscle mass right now, and I'm not really conserned about a little fat because I have a high matabalism. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:40 AM
dunno should change his/her status!
Middleweight

Default Re: Mike\'s daily diet journal (comments appreciated)

In my opinion your fat intake seems a little low, maybe substitute some of the fruit or grains(bananas) for some good sources of monounsaturated fat and throw in some fish oil caps for some more omega-3's.
Old 03-14-2004, 11:35 AM
Bantamweight

[ QUOTE ]
In my opinion your fat intake seems a little low, maybe substitute some of the fruit or grains(bananas) for some good sources of monounsaturated fat and throw in some fish oil caps for some more omega-3's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok thanks, but remember I'm a vegetarian so I don't eat fish either. I have two types of whole grain bread, the flax one, and one that sais it's a good sorce of omega-3. I don't really know what that is but I guess it's important lol. For fats, should I eat more normal peanuts, or do I have enough PB as it is? I'm trying to think of more fatty foods but I don't really know lol, any other vegetarian suggestions? Oh and thanks for the input.
Old 03-14-2004, 12:49 PM
dunno should change his/her status!
Middleweight

for more mono's good sources are:
Almonds
Olive Oil
Avacado
Old 03-14-2004, 05:42 PM
Bantamweight

[ QUOTE ]
for more mono's good sources are:
Almonds
Olive Oil
Avacado

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok thanks a ton! I think I'm getting the hand of this [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. My dad says that a lot of the cooking he does uses olive oil, so I think I'm good there. And I've got some almonds too which I'll eat after my workout today. I don't have avacado and don't even know what they look like, but next time I go to the store I'll pick some up. Thanks again for the help, much appreciated.
Old 03-14-2004, 06:32 PM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

Your diet is mostly carbs. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] How much protein do you get each day? I can pretty much guarantee you are not getting enough.
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 03-14-2004, 09:23 PM
Bantamweight

[ QUOTE ]
Your diet is mostly carbs. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] How much protein do you get each day? I can pretty much guarantee you are not getting enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm I'm not exectly sure, but aren't the eggs, peanut butter, and flax a really good sorce of protein? If not do you reccomend anything else other than suppliments/meat that I can add to get more protein? I'll post todays diet in a few hours, it's a little different. Umm...beans have a good protein sorce right? Because I had a heck of a lot of vegetairian chilly, with flax bread on the side if that would help...no eggs today though...actually I should go have some now [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Any other things with protein would be appreciated if what I got in todays diet isn't enough. Thanks for the help. Oh, and is that many carbs a bad thing? I'm still a newbie and don't really know much. But hey, I'm a kenisiolagist in training [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2004, 12:08 AM
Bantamweight

Ok here's day 2, I actually got my workout and cardio in today lol, but from now on I'll be doing cardio every other day. When I'm done cardio I'm too tired to really eat, so I came up with a homemade shake to help me out lol. Remember, spaces indicate there was a time there I wasn't eating.

Calcium supplimented grapefruit juice
Banana
Water
Flax bread with natural PB and whole grain germ
Water
Multivitamin

(Cardio, 2 water bottles)
Home made muffin with dates and soy nuts
Homemade shake (4 strawbarrries, skim milk, yogurt, wheat germ, soy nuts)
Apple
Omega-3 whole grain bread with pure jam
Calcuim sup. grapefruit juice
Vitamin C tablet
Raw spinnach

Pear
Cheese
Peice of pickled bannana pepper
Omega-3 bread

(Weights, a water bottle)
Vegatairan chilly (lots) with 4 peices of flax bread (I was hungry lol)
Calcuim sup. grapefruit juice

Apple
2 whole eggs (my dad tells me 3 eggs a week [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Water
Water

Ok so thats it for today, I'm going to bed now. I was going to add cottage cheese to my shake tomorrow, I can't eat it alone lol. Does that sound like a good idea? Am I still lacking protein? I'm trying really hard lol, but I won't stop untill I've prefected my diet! Any other advice would also be appreciated! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

NOTE: There's a space between the apple and the 2 eggs, it shouldn't be there and I can't get rid of it lol.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:53 AM
WatchTheHands should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

hey there Mike. If you are trying to gain muscle, your protein intake is waaaaaaaay too low, you've gotta find some way to increase it. I dont know if I missed this info somewhere, but is there any reason you aren't taking whey protein? Just one shake a day would greatly increase your protein intake, might wanna look into it. Also beans, while a great source of complex carbs, dont pack that much protein. An entire can of black beans is about 20 grams of protein.

http://www.wtep.org/WTEPdata/Images/...0.01.18.46.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...anandron98.jpg
Ron Thal (Cartman shirt, needs a shower) and myself (flannel, needs a shower AND a haircut) in Nice, France; 1998 tour.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:03 AM
Bantamweight

[ QUOTE ]
hey there Mike. If you are trying to gain muscle, your protein intake is waaaaaaaay too low, you've gotta find some way to increase it. I dont know if I missed this info somewhere, but is there any reason you aren't taking whey protein? Just one shake a day would greatly increase your protein intake, might wanna look into it. Also beans, while a great source of complex carbs, dont pack that much protein. An entire can of black beans is about 20 grams of protein.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I've never really looked into whey. Is that the powdered stuff that you put in a drink or does it come as a liquid? There's no medical reason I'm not takeing it, my dad's just a bit uptight about some stuff and says I should just be having "Natural food". I disagree with him but meh...I think whey is natural anyhow lol. Thanks for the advice, I'll talk to him about it.
Closed Thread