Zane Blitz - Page 3 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 03:31 PM
soccerchick should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Default Re: Zane Blitz

yes, the 10 set day would be a low volume day.

on the 25 set days i would just work the muscle you are doing the blitz for, but on the 15-, 10-, and 4 set days fit the rest of your muscles in there.

make sense?
Old 02-05-2004, 03:43 PM
Fireproof should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
feel kinda stupid .. but im a little confused

the low volume day being the 1 with 10 sets?

i wanna do zane blitz for my chest.. but would like to fit in shoulders and arms and things asweel .. would i do all of them on the low volume day?

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, here's what I do: I work other body parts on ANY of the Blitz days OTHER THAN the 25-set day. I reserve the 25-set day for just Quads, for example. Then on the 15-set day, I might do a small bodypart group like arms or shoulders. Then on a 10-set day (or less), I'll fit in the other stuff.
Old 02-05-2004, 03:53 PM
MassAppeal should change his/her status!

interesting ... not to be rude.. but some guys over at steroid website think this would be too much training for someone who isn't on "gear". is there anyone else i should know b4 doing this program lol .. im so skeptical .. cuz this would tend to fit in my idea of overtraining.

last but not least (for now ) , is there a set amount of reps per set? 5x5 ?
Old 02-05-2004, 03:54 PM
Super-Heavyweight

And to get even more prescriptive, if you want to blitz your Quads, and continue working the rest of your body, and you are open to a different split for these two weeks, you can try this:

Day 1: Quads (25 sets) <font color="blue"> </font>
Day 2: Quads (15 sets) <font color="blue">/ Bis & Tris </font>
Day 3: Quads (10 sets) <font color="blue">/ Shoulders & Traps </font>
Day 4: Rest <font color="blue">/ Back </font>
Day 5: Quads (25 sets) <font color="blue"> </font>
Day 6: Quads (4 sets) <font color="blue"> / Chest </font>
Day 7: Rest <font color="blue"> </font>
Day 8: Rest <font color="blue">/ Bis & Tris </font>
Day 9: Quads (25 sets) <font color="blue"> </font>
Day 10: Quads (15 sets) <font color="blue">/ Shoulders & Traps </font>
Day 11: Quads (10 sets) <font color="blue"> </font>
Day 12: Rest <font color="blue"> / Back </font>
Day 13: Quads (25 sets) <font color="blue"> </font>
Day 14: Quads (4 sets) <font color="blue"> / Chest </font>
Day 15: Rest <font color="blue"> </font>
Day 16: Rest <font color="blue"> </font>
<font color="blue">...Then continue on with favorite split... </font>
Old 02-05-2004, 04:09 PM
Tuf should change his/her status!
Mr. Universe

[ QUOTE ]
interesting ... not to be rude.. but some guys over at steroid website think this would be too much training for someone who isn't on "gear". is there anyone else i should know b4 doing this program lol .. im so skeptical .. cuz this would tend to fit in my idea of overtraining.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you want to be freaky, you have to get freaky. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Here is a quote from the Prez that comes from the article that explains the Zane Blitz:
[ QUOTE ]
We have identified the goal: " To become as freaky as humanly possible. " We have identified the theorems of specificity, adaptation, stress and overload. Let us now delve into tools meant to assist your mission. I warn you however, many of these are extreme. They are meant to heighten your ability to break down plateaus, or specifically target a body part. As such, they are to be classified as shocking principles, in every sense of the word, and should be used accordingly( see Mr. Knowlden's articles on Shock Yourself Out of The Comfort Zone for further clarification ).

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue">We taped a lot of famous pictures on the locker-room door: Bobby Orr, Potvin, Beliveau, all holding the Stanley Cup. We'd stand back and look at them and envision ourselves doing it. I really believe if you visualize yourself doing something, you can make that image come true...I must have rehearsed it ten thousand times. And when it came true it was like an electric jolt went up my spine.</font>
-Wayne Gretzky

http://www.rhondariley.com/009/thumbs/005.jpg
"When prepping for a show, I look at my body as my grade and the training and diet as my homework. If I do my homework I will get a good grade."
-Rhonda Riley

<font color="009999">Click Here for ABC's Forum Rules</font>
<font color="purple">Click Here for ABC's Index of Bible Studies</font>
Old 02-05-2004, 05:15 PM
MassAppeal should change his/her status!

are you saying you want to get freaky with me lol :-p ..

well .. i just want to improve... not with help of roids .. if you could call it help ..
Old 02-05-2004, 06:42 PM
schless should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

[ QUOTE ]
And to get even more prescriptive, if you want to blitz your Quads, and continue working the rest of your body, and you are open to a different split for these two weeks, you can try this:

Day 1: Quads (25 sets) <font color="blue"> </font>
Day 2: Quads (15 sets) <font color="blue">/ Bis & Tris </font>
Day 3: Quads (10 sets) <font color="blue">/ Shoulders & Traps </font>
Day 4: Rest <font color="blue">/ Back </font>
Day 5: Quads (25 sets) <font color="blue"> </font>
Day 6: Quads (4 sets) <font color="blue"> / Chest </font>
Day 7: Rest <font color="blue"> </font>
Day 8: Rest <font color="blue">/ Bis & Tris </font>
Day 9: Quads (25 sets) <font color="blue"> </font>
Day 10: Quads (15 sets) <font color="blue">/ Shoulders & Traps </font>
Day 11: Quads (10 sets) <font color="blue"> </font>
Day 12: Rest <font color="blue"> / Back </font>
Day 13: Quads (25 sets) <font color="blue"> </font>
Day 14: Quads (4 sets) <font color="blue"> / Chest </font>
Day 15: Rest <font color="blue"> </font>
Day 16: Rest <font color="blue"> </font>
<font color="blue">...Then continue on with favorite split... </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

FP - I like this split. I'd be doing it for hammies so it'd be easy to substitue hammies for quads. I'd want to change this up a bit though to include quads/calves, and would likely throw one of them in on day 8 and one on day 12 unless there's a reason not to. (In your example you don't have calves or hammies.) I'm definitely giving this a try when I'm done with this PT! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Thanks for posting it!
Old 02-05-2004, 09:09 PM
Adam Knowlden should change his/her status!
Olympia Contender

Nice post FP!!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2004, 12:54 AM
Super-Heavyweight

MassAppeal: I've said it before and I'll say it again - this is a SHOCKING METHOD to be used OCCASIONALLY. If one were to implement this all the time or for several bodyparts in a row, yes, you'd likely overtrain. However, on typical splits, with the same amount of rest and recovery week in and week out, our bodies adapts. This BLITZ forces them to think again and grow in new ways. Used sparingly, it's a powerful weapon.

Schless - DOH! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] You are right, I did leave out hammies and calves. Sorry 'bout that. There's a few ways you could put those in there. One good way is to add Hammies to your Back day. Many people like that combo due to the SLDL and bent-over exercises that tend to work both. Calves can really go anywhere. When I blitzed my quads, I worked Calves every other Quad day. It worked out well.

Old School: Thanks for the comments!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2004, 11:22 AM
Bex should change his/her status!
Lightweight

As usual you are a wealth of very valuable information and advice FP! Thanks so much for taking the time to post a split...I came on to ask how to incorporate the blitz with my current split and wala, there it is. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
I do have one more question though, what kind of sets should I do....meaning... straight sets, supersets, dropset, etc..? I want to blast my hammies/glutes so on low volume days do I incorporate quads? Sorry to be so clueless!!! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Closed Thread