(((((((((( MMouse's Journal Comments Welcome )))))))))) - Page 5 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 07:42 PM
MMouse should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: (((((((((( MMouse\'s Journal ))))))))))) ***** Comments Always Welcome*****

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I just finished unpacking and setting up my equipment in the basement.
Tomorrow morning is going to be my first day back since before the move. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!
Wednesday is normally my day off but I am going to do things a little different this week. I'll workout each morning, wed-sat, and combine quads and hams into one day just this time around.

I can't wait!!!!!!
- Jim Rohn

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../Byron/tkd.jpg
Old 07-07-2004, 11:36 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Default Re: (((((((((( MMouse\'s Journal ))))))))))) ***** Comments Always Welcome*****

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].....................no wait............................. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

No workout today [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
I had everything ready and had to pass in order to help finish cleaning up the old place to turn it over. Then afterwards I had a few more odds and ends to finish up here. Moving sucks.
- Jim Rohn

Old 07-28-2004, 05:59 PM
Light-Heavyweight

back to the journal.

This morning was back and bis

wide grip pullups
4 sets failure ( 6,6,5,3)
Bent over barbell row
4 sets 12
bent over lateral raise
4 sets 12
barbell curl
4 sets 12
concentration curl
4 sets 12
- Jim Rohn

Old 09-13-2004, 08:00 AM
Light-Heavyweight

It's been quite some time since I have posted in this journal. That seems to be a trademark of mine in the past to begin something with promises of carrying it out only to eventually leave it behind, sometimes to pick it up again while other times it is completely forgotten. Hopefully through the personal development I have made in my life recently this trademark can indeed be something dropped, not to be picked up again.
As I pick this journal up I am at the beginning of a bulk. I have sadly failed before at most kinds of working out. I lacked the mental components required for the sport. Though that may sound strange in a sport of lifting heavy weights, what I mean is I lacked the determination, the motivation, the ability to set and seek goals. I also lacked evaluation among many other things. I felt these traits were left behind from the years I carried out a destructive lifestyle filled with alcohol and drugs, doing anything and everything, dropping cares and responsibilities. I truly feel as though this time......I can truly succeed.
I have changed my workout setting for this bulk. I have given up the comfort of my basement for the gym. I am currently setting the goals which I would like to achieve during this bulk and will post them when ready. I admit I am somewhat hesistant in setting them as I don't have the experience to know what is realistic and what is not. I hope to have feedback from others in order to help me determine if the goals I have set are realistic. This bulk is going last as long as possible with a goal to end it near spring. So long as I can keep my bodyfat at reasonable levels I will continue. Should it rise too high then I will shed some of it to keep it from skyrocketing and then continue. To begin the bulk it will be a dirty bulk. When I say dirty I don't mean a dozen donuts for breakfast but there will definitely be some foods in my diet that are not the most desirable. As I progress through the bulk however I intend to clean it up as I learn how to gather the calories I need from the proper sources.
My split for now resembles the 24 workout mass blitz, a three day split working chest, shoulders and triceps on day 1, day 2 off, back bis and forearms on day 3, legs on day 4 and having day 5 off then beginning the cycle once again. I had some very noticable gains with this during the portion of the Hyperplasia Challenge which I was able participate in and hope it can serve me just as well this time. The split of course is not locked in during this bulk, and will be changed frequently as i adapt to the work.
This is getting quite long for a journal entry,especially without talking about a workout!
Here is what went down this morning:
Day 1
Chest shoulders and tris
2 sets pullovers warmup
3 sets flat bench press
3 sets flat dumbell flyes

4 sets dumbell shoulder press
4 sets L Laterals

4 sets triceps pushdowns

Not the most hardcore workout invented, I know. I am going to work myself into this. I have a tendency to overdue things. I want to do it all, right now so I go in with guns blazing and before long I can't keep it up. This time I am going to ease into it. Don't get me wrong I have full intention of working towards intense, hardcore workouts but I think working towards them is going to be best for me. I am miserably out of shape an going in with guns blazing just doesn't last long. I don't have the energy to keep it up. That of course, is going to change.
My weights for now will be personal. I don't move near as much weight as many on the boards do, and feel that the weight is not what is important. As I progress this may change, but we will see.

I am also considering adding my diet here, and will likely post a sample diet shortly.

As always anyone and everyone is free to post in this journal. I welcome any comments. Feel free to critisize so long as it is constructive. I thank those in advance who choose to comment and help me learn and grow in this endeavour.

[img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
- Jim Rohn

Old 09-15-2004, 07:36 AM
Light-Heavyweight

This morning was the second workout of my new drive for massive size. It was day 3 in my split as yesterday was an off day. I worked back/bis/forearms and just like day 1, it was by no means an earth shattering hardcore workout but it did the job.

4 sets pullups ( 12,8,7,5 )
4 sets 12 cable rows
4 sets bent over dumbell laterals

4 sets 12 barbell curls
4 sets 12 hammer curls
4 sers 12 dumbell wrist curls
- Jim Rohn

Old 09-17-2004, 08:03 AM
Light-Heavyweight

Legs this morning:

4 sets 12 squats
4 sets 12 leg extensions

4 sets 12 sldl
4 sets 12 leg curls

4 sets 12 seated calf raise
4 sets 12 reverse calf raise
- Jim Rohn

Old 09-22-2004, 12:47 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Things have been going great.........no wait that was last week.
I tossed and turned for 2 nights in a row, not quite able to put my finger on things. This morning I woke up and proceeded to the toilet where the flu made itself known to me. I haven't ate anything since last night. Worst of all now my son is sick too ( he's 2 ). I'm hoping to get this through me as soon as I can but until then I am just at it's mercy. WIsh me luck in beating this!
- Jim Rohn

Old 09-30-2004, 07:18 AM
Light-Heavyweight

Although the journal entries haven't been kept up as much as I would like, the workouts have this week. After last week's bout of the flu I got back at things Monday with Chest, shoulders and tris

2 sets 12 pullovers
4 sers 12 flat bench
4 sets 12 flat flyes

4 sets 12 dumbell press
4 sets 12 dumbell L laterals

4 sets 12 triceps pushdown
4 sets failure triceps dip

Then wednesday was back, bis and forearms

4 sets pullups to failure
4 sets seated cable rows supersetted with 4 sets bent over dumbell laterals
4 sets 10 barbell curl
4 sets 12 concentration curl

4 sets 12 behind the back wrist curl

Today is an off day and tomorrow is back to legs. I am starting to feel better with each trip to the gym, and I feel like I am able to achieve more each time. I am hoping to keep increasing the intensity until I can be at a harcore level. For now this is what taxes my body and I am happy with that.
- Jim Rohn

Old 10-12-2004, 07:18 AM
Light-Heavyweight

Chest Shoulders Triceps

Flat Dumbell Press
4 sets ( 12, 10 8 8 )
Flat Flyes
4 sets 12

Dumbell Shoulder Press
4 sets 12 12 10 8
L Laterals
4 sets 12 12 12 10

Cable Pressdowns
4 sets 12
- Jim Rohn