Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 05:58 PM
teak should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Default Re: teak\'s journal

Jan 20th Updates :

Today was my Day 2 workout (Back, shoulders)

I am very happy because I have found a new partner that is now making the same workout program as me. We are both bulking so our objectives are basicly the same...this helped me a LOT to raise my weights for this week

Back :

Hammerstrength (it's like a pullover)
10x80
9x80
6x80
<font color="red">Improvement of 5lbs for the last two sets (compared to last week) </font>

Hammerstrength (rows)
10x90
9x90
9x90
<font color="red"> Improvement of 10lbs from last week </font>

Hyperextension
12x35
12x35
12x35
<font color="red"> Improvement of 10lbs from last week </font>

Shoulders :

Shoulder press*
10x55
8x60
7x60 (almost dislocated my shoulder because of the crappy bench)
*each set followed by lat raise 10x25
<font color="red"> Improvement of 10lbs from last week for the last two sets, and 5lbs for the first set</font>
Uprightrows*
10x90
9x90
9x90
*each set followed by lat raise 10x25
<font color="red"> Improvement of 5lbs from last week </font>
Frontraises
10x55
9x60
8x60
<font color="red"> Improvement of 5lbs from last week </font>

I am very happy of today's w/o. Today and sunday workouts were the two best I had in a LONG time, I still feel the pain in my chest (sunday) and I gotta say I love that.

Having a partner for spots is really awesome as well, and the person can motivate you to do one more or two more...gotta love that also.
Old 01-21-2004, 12:30 PM
Bantamweight

Well, this morning was a bit hard when I woke up. I still feel Sunday's chest workout (I don't know how that happened), and I definitely feel yesterday's shoulder workout and I guess it'll be worse tomorrow when I will wake up. Altho, I really love that kind of pain, I feel like I worked harder than usual and the improvements I made yesterday were simply great!

Today is my bicep workout, week #1 of Animals 8 week to bigger and fuller biceps (or something like that :P). Can't wait... I am actually on my way to the gym, updates in 2 hours [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2004, 01:39 PM
Syddles should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

^^^Nice workout. Congrats on all your improvements! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
and I definitely feel yesterday's shoulder workout and I guess it'll be worse tomorrow when I will wake up. Altho, I really love that kind of pain, I feel like I worked harder than usual and the improvements I made yesterday were simply great!

[/ QUOTE ]

HOORAY FOR DOMS! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2004, 02:49 PM
Bantamweight

Jan 21st update

Today was my Day #Pain ... erm ... 3.

This means, Biceps. I was at week #1 of the Animals 8 week to bigger biceps. I don't know who have done that but let me tell you, this has been BY FAR the hardest bi's workout I have ever made!

1) Warmup with Incline dB curls :
15x30
15x25
15x25
*keep contraction for 30 seconds after each set.

2) Barbel standing curl :
8x65,55*,45*,35*
8x65,55*,45*,35*
8x65,50*,40*,30*
6x65,50*,40*,25*
7x65(w/ spot),55(w/ spot)*,45*,35*,25*,15*,10*
*=to failure (can't remember all of them eh!)

3) High pulley curl :
15x30
15x30
15x30
15x30
15x20
(the weight is for each hand, I was holding @ peak contraction for 5 seconds for every rep).

4) Low pulley curl (21's) :
60x21
60x21
50x21
40x21

I can't feel my biceps (and forearms) at the moment. It's not painful anymore, it's just NUMB. Great workout, the 3 best I have made so far in a row ... tomorrow is a leg and abs day.

now @ 187 (was at 185.2 less than a week ago)
Old 01-21-2004, 02:53 PM
Patyal68 should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

^^ I see you followed my suggestion on trying this program. It works great!! I refer to it sometimes to plan my workouts.

An advise: When you have such an intense workout it's great to do some posing at the very end. Like bicep curls or double bicep curls. That promotes growth and defines the muscle [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Aim for 30-60 seconds holding the pose... sounds easy? Try it, it feels loooong and painful [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2004, 06:59 PM
Bantamweight

Ok I have a little question ... it will probly sound retarded to you people but it kinda makes sense to me. I am a bit paranoiac about my weight because before I started training I was really fat. I lost all that fat by working out a lot and eating less than usual and mostly, eating healthy food.

Now I am in my bulking, this means I am eating more than what I used to ... although, I am still eating very healthy food, mostly fatfree/low in fat.

Yesterday, my weight was like 185.8 or something very close to that. Right now, it's at like 189.9. I know this sounds retarded but, how the heck did I take 4 pounds in one single day? Ok, I ate a bit more than usual, but I am raising my calories intake day-by-day so that my body doesnt go nuts with all those extra-calories that I eat. So my worries are that I start freaking out every time I win a lot of weight (just like today) ... anyone have any idea what that can be? Anyways, sorry for being stupid, I guess I just have the I-dont-want-to-be-a-fatty-anymore illness :P
Old 01-21-2004, 07:50 PM
Heavyweight

Don't freak out. All you have to do is:
1. Throw away the scale (well keep it somewhere you can use it only once per week).
2. Get you some calipers and start measuring your bodyfat

As a former chubby girl [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I totally understand your "need" to check your weight every single morning. You need to educate yourself and forget about the scale, but go with the calipers every week. The scale is just a reference, NOT a guide. Daily fluctuations in weight are normal, so choose one day of the week, same time and same circumstances and weight yourself like that all the time.

Regarding your diet: Don't eat fat free because it's usually higher in sugars. Prefer low-fat. Post your diet and more than one of us will be happen to comment. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2004, 08:06 PM
Bantamweight

I will start today's diet then :

6.30am :
2 bowls of cereal (raisin bran)
1 protein shake w/ milk

9.30am :
1 oatmeal cookie (very low fat, made by myself)
16oz of orange juice

11.30am :
1 cup of rice
1 can of chicken (don't remember how much, size is = to tuna can)

12.30pm :
gym

2.00pm :
protein shake

3.00pm :
quick nap, this workout killed myself

3.30pm :
the rest of 11.30am's meal (a little bit of rice that was left)
*i was hungry and that was a very light meal

6.00pm :
1 tortilas
chicken (breast..that fits in one tortilas)
2 tbspn. salsa sauce

-- thats it for now, one small meal left at like 8.30
Old 01-21-2004, 09:41 PM
Heavyweight

Well, I regret to inform you that your diet needs some adjustments... and as crazy as it might sound, you are not eating enough. You might want to PM Tuf and Venom for second opinions and check GP's diet journal for reference, too. So, here are my comments:

[ QUOTE ]
6.30am :<font color="blue">Is this the time you wake up? If so, have the protein shake as soon as you wake up. </font>
2 bowls of cereal (raisin bran) <font color="blue">You will get better results by eating old fashioned oats. Plus, if you have that much strength with raisin bran, wait to switch to oats... you'll sky rocket. I promise [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] </font>
1 protein shake w/ milk <font color="blue">I know you are bulking, but keeping in mind your metabolism makes you to put weight on easily, I suggest to either avoid the milk, or replace it with skim milk
- You might also want to have L-glutamine and Creatine on an empty stomach and wash it with your shake </font>

9.30am :
1 oatmeal cookie (very low fat, made by myself)
16oz of orange juice
<font color="blue">This meal is very incomplete. Putting this simple, this meal is making you store fat and burn muscle [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
- You need a source of protein like cottage cheese, or egg whites, or lean meat/poultry/fish
- You need veggies here
- You can either add more complex carbs (a sweet potatoe or brown rice or more oatmeal) or have 1tspoon of flaxseed oil or natty peanut butter. I say "either" because some here do not mix complex carbs with EFA oils. I do mix them and works fine for me. Check it out and see what works for you.</font>

11.30am :
1 cup of rice <font color="blue">Make sure it is brown rice </font>
1 can of chicken (don't remember how much, size is = to tuna can) <font color="blue"> chicken from a can is OK but I do prefer to buy the chicken breast and grill it. The difference is the sodium added in the canned one.
- You need to add greens here (green beans, broccolli, etc).
This meal is very important because is pre-workout. </font>

12.30pm :
gym

2.00pm :
protein shake <font color="blue">Are you preparing your PWO shake according to the window of opportunity? (dextrose + maltodextrin + sodium + antioxidant) I see you fall asleep afterwards, add the carbs to your shake and you will be alert. Feeling sleepy after your workout might be a sign of being catabolic </font>

3.00pm :
quick nap, this workout killed myself

3.30pm :
the rest of 11.30am's meal (a little bit of rice that was left)
*i was hungry and that was a very light meal
<font color="blue"> You need to have a full balanced meal here too. Same comments as with the meal of 11:30 </font>

6.00pm :
1 tortilas
chicken (breast..that fits in one tortilas)
2 tbspn. salsa sauce
<font color="blue">You need greens here and EFA oils </font>

-- thats it for now, one small meal left at like 8.30

<font color="blue">You need one meal pre-bed. Protein source, leafy greens and 1 tspoon of flaxseed oil. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue">Try to come with a total of your calories, grams of fat, prot and carbs to see what macros you are having. It's easier to make adjustments seeing the numbers.

I hope this helps [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]</font>
Old 01-22-2004, 07:16 PM
Bantamweight

Jan 22nd updates, last training day before 2 rest days.

Today was my day 4 : Legs/Abs

I wanted to do some squats but for some reason, I prefered to do :

Legpress :
10x450
10x450
8x450
6x190 (one leg at a time)
<font color="red"> Improvement of 90lbs compared to last week </font>

Leg extension :
10xP (160pounds)
10xP
9xP
*holding 1-2 seconds on top every rep
<font color="red"> Improvement of 20lbs compared to last week </font>

Leg curl :
12x100
9x110
6x110
<font color="red"> Improvement of 10lbs compared to last week </font>

Calves (when you are sitting with the weight on your laps)
12x205
12x205
11x205
<font color="red"> Improvement of 10lbs compared to last week </font>

Did about 20 mins of intensive abs as well.
I am satisfied of the improvements once again, but I think that last week wasn't @ 100% of my capacity, neither was this week ... I should be able to add 2 more plates on the legpress, ill be closer to my 14plates that I used to lift before I stopped doing leg training 4 months ago. Next week's leg training should be much harder, we'll see.

For now, its a two days rest ... then back up with the chest/triceps on sunday!
Closed Thread